FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER...I'm NOT GOING HOME!! UPDATE DEC.30 PG 74

Great update, Dawn! :thumbsup2 Sounds like you all have been keeping quite busy! So glad to hear that you're getting settled into the area and finding your way around more and more. Ahh... to be able to just pop over to Disney for a bite to eat... I'm so jealous! :rotfl: So happy to see that you met Rob! Something tells me he won't mind at ALL that you posted that pic! :goodvibes

Thank you! Yes we keep very busy. We are trying to make the most of this new adventure :goodvibes

We were really happy to meet him. Such a very nice man! :)

Yes.
We know.

Bad, Dawn! Bad!

Sorry :blush:

Whoa... That's the promise that can't be broken! :eek:

::yes::

And we were eagerly anticipating your report!

We think she's pretty darn cute, too.
Takes after her mom.

You are my favorite :)

Love her. When we went, I was dressed as a ghost too (although not anywhere near as good a costume... or makeup) and had a fun conversation with her.

She's great isn't she?!

It would have to be.
What does Toy Story have to do with Halloween??? :confused3

:confused3

You wanna know what's better than Hallowishes and Boo to You?

Nothing.

:laughing:

Looking lovely as always.
Nice job with the hair, too.

She actually got her hair done that morning while I got mine cut. Decided to snazz it up a bit for Dapper Day :)

Awwww....

And if he does... too late!

:lmao: Love the tongue sticking out of "dead" Caitlin.

Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

My pleasure :)

Thanks for the update Dawn! Great to get caught up and see things from your point of view.

Sounds like you are really enjoying being being in the area!

Glad you enjoyed your MNSSHP - does sound like they made some improvements this year. The Fix It Felix costume was very cute!

I saw the picture of Caitlin on the ground with the Grave Diggers from Twitter and thought it was great! I generally only run when chased, but one thing that could get me into running is all the Run Disney events - they look like so much fun!

Thank you :)

We are and the fact that its still 80 here and they have had temps in the 40's back in Michigan makes it all the better :rotfl:

Running isn't my thing either but they do have a lot of people who walk the races :)

I have to say, that Villains dance party was pumping when I stopped in. I'd only been to MNSSHP once before, but the old party seemed pretty dead. This one looked legit like a real dance club.

Hahahaha, I actually love Dale's pose there. Such a contradiction. Hysterical!

Oh my, yes. I am so going to miss Maelstrom. So glad I was able to get one last ride on it.

Awwwww, THANK YOU DAWN!!!! What you wrote is so touching. I'm truly honoured. It was SO AWESOME and such a pleasure to meet you and Dale and hang out for a bit that night (until yes, they threw us out, lol). And Caitlin, THANK YOU for being so sweet and welcoming. You are truly fantastic and I absolutely LOVED meeting you! I look forward to seeing you all again! And don't you worry... I'll be posting that pic too!!

The new theme seemed to appeal to more people and wasn't it decorated cool inside?!

That pic just proves that most of the time he is oblivious to what we're doing :rotfl:

Us too :)

We all enjoyed getting to spend time with you and look forward to seeing you again! :goodvibes

Of course it is. :sad1: At least I tried. Sorry we missed her, but maybe next year.

Great updates! Glad you are getting used to your new home. It's so hard to find your way around places you've never been. I always say I can't move away from Milwaukee because if I know where the lake is, I know where I"m going. If there were no lake, I'd be lost!

Love your Halloween party pics. We were at the party on 9/14 and had a great time! We met the wicked witch too!

Glad you had a good trip!

Thank you. Finding our way around has been a challenge but we are enjoying it here :)

All caught up and I was very behind. Love the DIS meets you are able to do and glad that you are enjoying the Florida weather. Hope you continue to enjoy your move and new home.

Being local is as awesome as you'd expect. We get to go to eat at our favorite Disney restaurants anytime we want and try new ones like Trail's End.

We made it to Dapper Day which is so fun to see the amazing fashions people come up with. Since we didn't have much time to prep for this, and we don't sew, we just wore dresses we had in our closets BUT we are already planning our outfits for the March 2015 Dapper Day.

We love Trail's End for both breakfast and dinner and always eat there when we stay at the Wilderness Lodge. We love the walk to Fort Wilderness from the WL.

We were there for Dapper Days. It was one of those things I never heard of before finding the Dis. Since we were having dinner at Cape May that night we decided to dress up a little and walk around the Boardwalk after dinner. We saw Dapper people all day long. It was fun.

We will be returning to WDW in just a little over two weeks and we'll be going to the Halloween party. It will be our first time and I can't wait to see what it is like.

I'm hoping we get a chance to see Caitlin this time. We'll have our five year old grandson with us, which increases the chances that we'll be over at the Living Seas. :)

We love Trail's End for both breakfast and dinner and always eat there when we stay at the Wilderness Lodge. We love the walk to Fort Wilderness from the WL.

We'd never been there before and really enjoyed it. Fort Wilderness reminded us of camping in Michigan.

We were there for Dapper Days. It was one of those things I never heard of before finding the Dis. Since we were having dinner at Cape May that night we decided to dress up a little and walk around the Boardwalk after dinner. We saw Dapper people all day long. It was fun.

The Boardwalk was the perfect place for people watching that day. Sounds fun!

We will be returning to WDW in just a little over two weeks and we'll be going to the Halloween party. It will be our first time and I can't wait to see what it is like.

I'm hoping we get a chance to see Caitlin this time. We'll have our five year old grandson with us, which increases the chances that we'll be over at the Living Seas. :)

Be sure and say "hi" if you see her. I hope you have a great time!

I am just catching up a little bit, since I have been busy trying to get everything together for my trip...

Congrats on the move Dawn!!! I am sure you will be able to keep yourselves busy for a while finding everything and finding new ways to get around and avoiding traffic.

I can't wait to get down to WDW and hopefully run into Caitlin at work when we are at EPCOT.

Thanks for the updates!! I can't wait to see what is in store for all of you!!

I am just catching up a little bit, since I have been busy trying to get everything together for my trip...

Congrats on the move Dawn!!! I am sure you will be able to keep yourselves busy for a while finding everything and finding new ways to get around and avoiding traffic.

I can't wait to get down to WDW and hopefully run into Caitlin at work when we are at EPCOT.

Thanks for the updates!! I can't wait to see what is in store for all of you!!

Thank you. We are keeping quite busy and enjoying our new surroundings :)

Have a wonderful trip! Say "hi" to Cait if you see her :goodvibes

This has been a very cool read! Maybe you will be full-time when we get there in April :) I never knew about this program and I am sure my 7yo will aspire to be a princess for Disney...

We'd never been there before and really enjoyed it. Fort Wilderness reminded us of camping in Michigan.
I can't believe you haven't been to Fort Wilderness before. Thats the only place we stay, fly down and rent a RV and golf cart for the week. Its so much fun taking the boat across the lake to the MK,also watching the fireworks and the electric light parade from the beach. It is like camping in Michigan, lots of deer, turkeys and so many other critters and there is a trail over to the Wilderness Lodge thats about a mile for walking or biking. And every night by the pool they have a campfire complete with smores and a movie outdoors on an old drive-in movie type screen, and of course Chip n Dale for a sing and dance along. And during the holidays most people decorate their campsite, Halloween and Christmas are the most popular, its amazing what some people do.

I can't believe you haven't been to Fort Wilderness before. Thats the only place we stay, fly down and rent a RV and golf cart for the week. Its so much fun taking the boat across the lake to the MK,also watching the fireworks and the electric light parade from the beach. It is like camping in Michigan, lots of deer, turkeys and so many other critters and there is a trail over to the Wilderness Lodge thats about a mile for walking or biking. And every night by the pool they have a campfire complete with smores and a movie outdoors on an old drive-in movie type screen, and of course Chip n Dale for a sing and dance along. And during the holidays most people decorate their campsite, Halloween and Christmas are the most popular, its amazing what some people do.

We had only been over there to see Hoop Dee Do and never really explored because Dale and Caitlin aren't really the great outdoors types :laughing:
It sounds like a lot of fun and I'm planning to check it out around Halloween and see the decorations :)

October

As promised I am here with an update! Things have been busy as usual around here so I will do my best to catch you up!

In the last update my mom forgot to mention we had been to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal! It was such a fun night!

My dad and I wanted to go so we could see the Face Off area and it was very cool seeing our favorite make ups in person!

I was most impressed with the Alien Vs. Predator house and the Halloween House. We went on a busier night so they were just shuffling people through and it wasn't as scary as it might have been with less people. We could see what was coming ahead of us and the only things that scared us were the security guards standing guard in the houses :rotfl: Bill and Ted was awesome as well! They poked a lot of fun at Magic Bands and Frozen so it was pretty great!

I wasn't super impressed with the scare zones though because they didn't have enough people working them. The only ones I liked were the Maskerade and the Voodoo area. Both had good people working them and scared my mom and I :thumbsup2

This past Sunday I had another 5k

This 5k was only for CMs and their family members so it was a lot of fun! There weren't a ton of people but they still had the characters out. They also had different obstacles throughout the race like tires, kicking a soccer ball, hay bale hurdles and dancing.

Sunday I also found out I will be cross training at Universe of Energy! The wait list for this building is very long and not a lot of people get trained over there so I am very excited for training next week!

After the race we grabbed some breakfast and then headed to Sea World to check out their Halloween decorations!

On the weekends, free with admission, they have trick or treating, chracters out, crafts to do and storytelling for Halloween. We actually both preferred this for kids than MNSSHP. You kind of get more bang for your buck here since there is more to do if you have little kids.

I let my little kid run free today and ended up with this bag

and got to see my favorite animal

I also fed some seals

This was pretty gross though because they gave you whole tiny fish to throw to them :crazy2:

At the Halloween area they had different games set up and one of the prizes was a Franken Penguin. After spending about $9 I won the biggest one!

The decorations were very cute and we enjoyed spending some time over there

On Tuesday I had a day off so we went to the Magic Kingdom!

We wanted to check out the new Haunted Mansion gift shop which is awesome! I got a foolish mortals tank top and did the special picture that shows your face and when you move it it shows you as a ghost!

We also had to ride HM!

This week has been busy at the parks so we tried to get on a few rides. Including the little mermaid

We also went on BTMRR, Space Mountain, the People Mover and just enjoyed walking around.

Since it was so busy we also popped in to the Tiki Room

We have been having a lot of fun and keeping busy! I am off this weekend so we are planning on DHS Saturday, the beach on Sunday and Animal Kingdom and Epcot on Tuesday!

Glad you have been having a good time and getting to do a lot of different things. I keep hearing really good things about the seasonal events, especially Halloween, at Sea World and love that it isn't an extra ticket to do

Just curious why Universe of Energy is such a desired area to work at :confused3

The new Haunted Mansion shop looks awesome and the ghost picture is such a great concept. I could see myself spending way too much money there though :rotfl:

Woohoo HHN!!! Still gutted I missed it this year. But I'm hopeful for next year, and who knows... they might even have a Disney CM working the scares. :rolleyes1

That was one of the big issues with the event. The conga line through the houses. It does take away from the fun a little bit. But yeah, the regular employees/security always seemed to make me jump. And they weren't even doing anything. :laughing:

That's so awesome about the Universe of Energy training. Maybe Ellen will stop by with some tips. :thumbsup2

The SeaWorld Spooktacular is pretty good Especially for the price.

In the last update my mom forgot to mention we had been to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal! It was such a fun night!

Oh, cool!

Someday...

We went on a busier night so they were just shuffling people through and it wasn't as scary as it might have been with less people. We could see what was coming ahead of us

Oh, that's too bad.
Would've been nice to get the full effect... then again, I would imagine your mom might be grateful you didn't.

Sunday I also found out I will be cross training at Universe of Energy! The wait list for this building is very long and not a lot of people get trained over there so I am very excited for training next week!

Good for you!
Why the long wait list? Is it a preferred post for CMs?

On the weekends, free with admission, they have trick or treating, chracters out, crafts to do and storytelling for Halloween. We actually both preferred this for kids than MNSSHP. You kind of get more bang for your buck here since there is more to do if you have little kids.

Interesting. And no extra charge either.

I let my little kid run free today and ended up with this bag

Question. When don't you let your little kid run free???

:laughing:

This was pretty gross though because they gave you whole tiny fish to throw to them :crazy2:

Ew! It would be so much better if they just gave you the fish guts, right?

No?

At the Halloween area they had different games set up and one of the prizes was a Franken Penguin. After spending about $9 I won the biggest one!

Congrats!

We wanted to check out the new Haunted Mansion gift shop which is awesome! I got a foolish mortals tank top and did the special picture that shows your face and when you move it it shows you as a ghost!

We also had to ride HM!

<whimper> So jealous... of all the above.

Hi Caitlin's Grandma!

I actually saw a large (ummm... I'm gonna say about 6 - 7 foot tall) inflatable Ursula at the store the other day and thought of you guys.

We have been having a lot of fun and keeping busy! I am off this weekend so we are planning on DHS Saturday, the beach on Sunday and Animal Kingdom and Epcot on Tuesday!

Sounds like a blast! Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

Sorry I missed you last week when I was down there.
Congrats on getting cross trained at Universe of Energy.
Sea World's Halloween looks like fun.
My daughter and her husband went to Halloween Horror nights. I went to EPCOT instead. I only remember them talking about the Walking Dead .
Liz

Looks like a great time at Sea World...

I guess we will have to look for you either at Universe of Energy or at Nemo on the 29th.

Have a great time at the beach!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter