FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER...I'm NOT GOING HOME!! UPDATE DEC.30 PG 74

Glad you have been having a good time and getting to do a lot of different things. I keep hearing really good things about the seasonal events, especially Halloween, at Sea World and love that it isn't an extra ticket to do

Just curious why Universe of Energy is such a desired area to work at :confused3

The new Haunted Mansion shop looks awesome and the ghost picture is such a great concept. I could see myself spending way too much money there though :rotfl:

It is so much fun being able to do all of the Halloween activities everywhere!

It only has about 7 positions and 2 consist of sitting :rotfl2: It is also one of the more self sufficient rides so not many coordinators hang out around there.

It is such a cool place! I tried my best not to spend too much money!

Woohoo HHN!!! Still gutted I missed it this year. But I'm hopeful for next year, and who knows... they might even have a Disney CM working the scares. :rolleyes1

That was one of the big issues with the event. The conga line through the houses. It does take away from the fun a little bit. But yeah, the regular employees/security always seemed to make me jump. And they weren't even doing anything. :laughing:

That's so awesome about the Universe of Energy training. Maybe Ellen will stop by with some tips. :thumbsup2

The SeaWorld Spooktacular is pretty good Especially for the price.

You will have to come see me if I get a job there!

I was okay with it because I don't really like being scared :rotfl2:

I am very excited for it!

It was such a fun experience!

Oh, cool!

Someday...

You will have to visit in October sometime!

Oh, that's too bad.
Would've been nice to get the full effect... then again, I would imagine your mom might be grateful you didn't.

She was!

Good for you!
Why the long wait list? Is it a preferred post for CMs?

They just don't need many people to run it so it takes longer to be trained.

Interesting. And no extra charge either.

Nope!
Question. When don't you let your little kid run free???

True :rotfl2:
:laughing:

Ew! It would be so much better if they just gave you the fish guts, right?

No?

Congrats!

<whimper> So jealous... of all the above.

Hi Caitlin's Grandma!

I actually saw a large (ummm... I'm gonna say about 6 - 7 foot tall) inflatable Ursula at the store the other day and thought of you guys.

Very cute!

Sounds like a blast! Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading!

Sorry I missed you last week when I was down there.
Congrats on getting cross trained at Universe of Energy.
Sea World's Halloween looks like fun.
My daughter and her husband went to Halloween Horror nights. I went to EPCOT instead. I only remember them talking about the Walking Dead .
Liz

I'm sorry I missed you too!

Thank you!

It was!

I wanted to do that house but the line was way too long!

Looks like a great time at Sea World...

I guess we will have to look for you either at Universe of Energy or at Nemo on the 29th.

Have a great time at the beach!!!

It was!

I will let you know which one I am working at I get my schedule on Sunday.

Thank you!

Well, I just found your whole TR/ CMR (cast member report?) today, I feel like I've been sleeping under a rock. It's an INCREDIBLY slow day at my job, so now I've officially caught up.

First of all:

OH MY GRACIOUS, YOU LEAD A MAGICAL LIFE!

I would love to work for Disney. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to accomplish said idea at age 30 with a husband and a child whose lives and dreams I also have to consider. I think that, as best as I can tell from reading this, you are just one of the sweetest people and you deserve all of the goodness happening with you. I think it's adorable that you teared up after leading "The Princess" to the ride because you made your first magical moment. I think the four keys stories are cool, too. I loved the whole bit about Marlin reserving the ride for Dory's party so you had to fill it up with water.

I love that you post a lot of yummy looking salads, too. I don't have to refrain from gluten, but I will be trying to abstain from going unreasonably overboard when I go because I've been trying to get a better control on my health, and I do have hypothyroidism so salads are a great option that tend to keep me from the bloating that too many carbs can bring on.

Not gonna lie, though: totally going to be drinking/desserting with some carbs. I'll drink water. It'll work out.

Okay, so to recap. I LOVE THIS WHOLE THING. I'm subbing. I hope you're having a lovely day. I'd also love to hear about how you transition from a DCP member to a regular CM? I know you said early on that it was the plan, and then your parents moved to Florida, so I can only assume it's a dream you're committing to.

Hi Caitlin and Dawn!

Just getting all caught up on the TR.
Dawn, glad to see you posting again! Sorry about your tooth. It's great that you are all getting settled, especially finding a hair stylist;)! I love how you can just pop over to the World for lunches. Maybe some day for us.
I'm glad you enjoyed Trails End. It's such an out of the way relaxing place to go. Ft. Wilderness was my first Disney resort that I stayed in. We hauled our camper down from Pennsylvania twice in the 70's and stayed there. You could swim in the lake back then too:scared1: When the boys were little we rented one of the cabins with my parents.
The Halloween stuff at Seaworld sounds really nice. Loved Caitlin's penguin!

Linda

I'm so glad you're all able to take full advantage of all the FUN!!!! It's always in the back of my mind that I would love to live there and then I remember how much I hate the heat. LOL. Maybe once Elsa can give me my own flurry ;)

You really like to run, girl! I gotta say, the picture of you pretending to be dead? Passed out? is exactly what I would look like after a run! I enjoy working out, but running just doesn't work for me no matter how hard I try.

I'll be going to Sea World in San Antonio in December and I'm really looking forward to it!

Have fun training at U of E!! I'm assuming the cool, AC'ed building is the draw here?

Caught up today and glad to see you two are reporting in tandem! Hopefully you will still working for the big mouse in Feb when we get there so we can meet! I told my DD all about you working there during college and while she is only 8, she has decided that she would love to be a character or a parade dancer during DCP when she is in college!

Kaitlin and Dawn
I am glad this trip report continues. Hopefully we will be able to meet when we are there Jan 3-9. I am loving the pictures. Have a great weekend!!

Caught up today and glad to see you two are reporting in tandem! Hopefully you will still working for the big mouse in Feb when we get there so we can meet! I told my DD all about you working there during college and while she is only 8, she has decided that she would love to be a character or a parade dancer during DCP when she is in college!

Thank you :)
She has every intention of still working at Disney come Feb although by then her location probably will have changed.

Tell your daughter to keep dancing and one day that dream may come true :goodvibes

HI All!
Sorry it's been so long between updates but we've been keeping really busy. Caitlin had her training over at Universe of Energy and loves it! The "show" lets her perform more than the Turtle Talk one does and also allows improve which adds to the fun. She passed her assessment on Thursday so now she has earned her ears at two attractions.

In other Caitlin news...she was offered to extend her College Program and work in Merchandise. She was allowed to request where she wants to work so she requested merchandise at one of the resorts. Next month she can apply for a permanent position with Disney so she will weigh her options and decide if she wants to take a job or continue as a CP til May.

This next week she is off work though because we are going on vacation!! Where are we going? Where we always go....Disney World :rotfl: Back when Caitlin left for the College Program my mom, her best friend and I booked a trip to see Cait for her birthday. Since my mom still wanted to visit and the trip was paid off, and our place isn't that big, we decided to still take our "vacation". So tomorrow we check into All Star Movies. If you are familiar with our TRs you know this is an unusual choice as we always stay at Pop if we are doing a value. However, for the discounted rate we are using Pop didn't have availability so ASMO it is. We are staying for 5 nights and trying out the Quick Service dining plan. (something else new to us) We are doing 4 park days, MVMCP and visiting the outlets and Celebration. Should be an awesome week! :thumbsup2

So what has been keeping us busy? A lot :rotfl: but I will just share a few things we've been up to....

We had 2 wonderful Dismeets with MaryEllen (MEK) and her husband Denny. Dale, Caitlin and I met up with them at the River Roost where we all enjoyed YeeHaa Bob's show. Then we met up again at the Smash Mouth "Eat to the Beat Concert". It was a fun show and great to see Maryellen and Denny again! And to those of you familiar with her TRs...yes MEK is as sweet and fun as you imagine she is :)

And since everyone says unless there is a picture it didn't happen, here is proof

The 30th was Dale's birthday so we had his first Disney birthday. Caitlin worked in the morning so I took him over to the Magic Kingdom. I was able to FP+ 3 of his favorite rides.....

and we had breakfast at the Crystal Palace. If you have not been there you must go if for no other reason than the Puffed French Toast :love: It is delish!!

Dale had fun with all the characters and loved the birthday cupcake they brought him!

We also stopped by Storybook Circus and saw the Great Goofini

We stayed until around 1pm when Caitlin got off work and then we met her at home and the birthday boy may have taken a nap :rolleyes1

Later that evening we headed over to Fort Wilderness for the HoopDeeDooRevue. Caitlin and I hadn't been to the show for about 6 years and Dale hadn't been there in 19 so it was a treat to go back. (the fact Cait got a 50% discount was amazing)

The show is still a lot of fun and the food is so good! They were also able to accommodate Caitlin's gluten allergy so it was a fun night for all of us.

One of the performers took a shine to Dale and he was sung to and got to play along in the show. He loved it and it really made his birthday extra special.

He even got a little kiss

It was a really great birthday for him and the fun continued the next night, Halloween, as the 3 of us went to Jelly Rolls Halloween party. We let the piano players know we were celebrating his birthday and they made sure he had a fun night. They had him come on stage and do a Zoolander catwalk against a girl also celebrating her birthday. It was hysterical and Dale was declared the winner. :rotfl:

It's hard to get good pictures there, since its so dark, but this is him strutting his stuff in his "tacky tourist" costume.

So that brings you up to date with a bit of what's going on with us. Thanks for reading!! :)

CONGRATULATIONS Caitlin on earning your ears again!!! Granted I already knew that but somehow it seems more official once reported here, lol. Hopefully I'll get to see this performance too someday!

That is going to be an awesome vacation. And for most of you, no airline travel, so big bonus.

YAY DISMeet!!! I have no doubt they are as wonderful as imagined.

Awww HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALE!! Nothing like celebrating in Disney and what a fun celebration it was.

Caitlin had her training over at Universe of Energy and loves it! The "show" lets her perform more than the Turtle Talk one does and also allows improve which adds to the fun. She passed her assessment on Thursday so now she has earned her ears at two attractions.

Congrats Caitlin!

Next month she can apply for a permanent position with Disney so she will weigh her options and decide if she wants to take a job or continue as a CP til May.

Wow. I know that's something she mentioned earlier, but now that it's a reality...
Tough choice?

This next week she is off work though because we are going on vacation!! Where are we going? Where we always go....Disney World :rotfl:

But of course! You're already there! :rotfl:

And since everyone says unless there is a picture it didn't happen, here is proof

While I don't follow her reports, I have peeked in from time to time (so many TRs, so little time) so recognized her right away.

The 30th was Dale's birthday so we had his first Disney birthday.

I've heard that October 30th is the best day of the year to have a birthday.
Happy Birthday, Dale!

We stayed until around 1pm when Caitlin got off work and then we met her at home and the birthday boy may have taken a nap :rolleyes1

Hey! It's his birthday. If he wants a nap... let him nap!

He even got a little kiss

:laughing: When did he discover the lipstick on his head?

They had him come on stage and do a Zoolander catwalk against a girl also celebrating her birthday. It was hysterical and Dale was declared the winner. :rotfl:

:laughing: Too bad you don't have video.

So that brings you up to date with a bit of what's going on with us. Thanks for reading!! :)

Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

Sorry I missed seeing Caitlin last week...We didn't have a chance to go to Ellen. I just got back from staying at ASMO and loved it.

I'm so glad that Caitlin loves Universe of Energy! If it's more performing and more improv, that's definitely a step up.

You guys are going to have a great vacation. Can't wait to see you all!

We haven't done Hoop De Doo in forever, but the last time we did my brother got picked to perform, which was pretty awesome. I'm sure that Dale did an amazing job.

It only has about 7 positions and 2 consist of sitting :rotfl2: It is also one of the more self sufficient rides so not many coordinators hang out around there.
I would think that one of the best parts of working at Universe of Energy is that it closes early every day - no late nights there. ;)

Your CM 5K race looks like it was a fun. It is really nice the way Disney makes it special for the CM's by adding character appearances. Those grave diggers were awesome in the MNNSHP parade, one of the best parts of the evening.

We had 2 wonderful Dismeets with MaryEllen (MEK) and her husband Denny. Dale, Caitlin and I met up with them at the River Roost where we all enjoyed YeeHaa Bob's show. Then we met up again at the Smash Mouth "Eat to the Beat Concert". It was a fun show and great to see Maryellen and Denny again! And to those of you familiar with her TRs...yes MEK is as sweet and fun as you imagine she is :)
We saw Smashmouth when we were at WDW, too. We were there on Wednesday, Oct 22nd and really enjoyed their concert. We also had a chance to meet Mary Ellen and Denny, which was really nice. We ended up meeting quite a few Dis-ers on that trip. I wish we had time to meet up with Caitlin, but it was a very short and busy trip.

Enjoy your vacation. It sounds like a lot of fun. :goodvibes

Hi Dawn and Caitlin!

It's great to see another update. It sounds like you are getting settled in. How fun that you can now celebrate all your birthdays at Disney. It's good that you are staying at a new to you resort. It will give you a nice perspective. We stayed there once and it's a cute resort. I'm glad Caitlin is getting to try another attraction and can't wait to see what resort she gets placed at. Is she hoping for any in particular?

Linda

Happy birthday Dale, and congratulations Caitlin on earning your second set of ears! Love the Hoop Dee Doo pics, and Jellyrolls sounds like a lot of fun.

So I am going to start off by apologizing profusely!!!! Life has been crazy over here! I will get ya caught up and tomorrow I will start the new portion of this TR!

1.) The new portion of this TR will be about the trip we had with my grandma and aunt! It was such a fun trip with tons of pictures and I can't wait to show you!

2.) We celebrated my birthday last month and what better way to celebrate than by doing the four parks challenge?!

We had to ride a ride, see a character and watch some form of entertainment at each park and we succeeded!

3.) The day after my birthday we lost our dog Riley. She hadn't been doing well and after taking her to the vet the vet told us she had cancer. This is the main reason we haven't been around because we are still coping and wanted to let our DIS family know but it's still hard to write about it.

We miss her very much!

4.) I am officially on a wait list for a full or part time job at Disney! Please cross your fingers that something comes up in time! If I am not offered anything by the start of my extension I will have to wait until May to try again :sad2: My extension will be doing merchandise at the All Star Resorts so while I am not too upset about that I would still prefer to be offered part time. So any pixie dust is helpful!

5.) Work has been going well and I had a very special guest the other day... I had Neil Patrick Harris in my turtle talk show with his family! I was so excited :yay: I was able to interact with him, his husband and kids and was able to take part in a magical moment with just them and Crush after. Such a memorable moment!

So that's about it! I will begin the TR tomorrow on here and I will throw in some pictures from the different parks we have been to that are decorated for Christmas :goodvibes

So sorry about your dog. We lost our cat earlier this year and it is always painful to lose a furbaby. they mean more to us than we realize sometimes.

Glad you are still at Disney - we will be at AS Mu in Feb and my DD so wants to meet you! Wherever you are and whichever job you land, you will be great!

So sorry about your dog!! Animals can be so much a part of the family.
I hope to see you next month when we are down. I will try to PM you in a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter