Former Lasagne Lovers Meet Here!!!

Hey mfdwife! I'm glad you're doing well...if you have to recover, AKL seems to be a great place to do it :)

As for tipping, I'd do whatever you feel comfortable with. Usually for housekeeping it's supposed to be $1/per person in room per day. But she's obviously going above that...though I don't think she's doing it to get a large tip :) IMO the biggest tip you can give her is to get her name and send a nice letter and call Disney when you get home!

For weekend plans...ummm, we've got yucky rain here :( So no plans this weekend. My parents went to Epcot yesterday and are golfing today for Father's Day.

:flower3: I wanted to say thank you for your prayers after our wreck. Brian and I did finally make it to WDW. The girls (Ash & friend) had been brought down by our friends that were coming also. We are so very thankful that I will eventually recover. While I am still struggling, we all realize it could have been so much worse. Ash needed up with cuts on her forehead and bruising. Her friend has bruising from the seat belt. Brian got a nasty bump and a cut on his head where we hit heads, even though we both had seatbelts on. I am able to walk short distances, but am using a wheelchair when we go to the parks. I've been able to go to them for 3-4 hours each day since Thursday. We kept the rental car we got in Macon so I did not have to be on the buses. I have a lovely C-Collar to accessorize my outfits. I am hanging around Kidani Village most of the time, but it is beautiful.

I have a question on tipping the mouse keeper. We finally made it here late Wed. She asked her manager if she could come in every day and help since I can't even dress myself much less clean. The manager agreed so she is coming and straightening and replacing our shampoos, soaps, etc. Also, she made me several towel animals after I thanked her for the butterfly. I had never even seen towel animals before. Do you guys mind telling me what a good tip would be for doing all of this?

Thanks again. I need to take a break now since even typing is kind of difficult and slow.

Glad to hear you are feeling so much better and made it down there. :grouphug: As for the tip, I'd venture a guess to say a few bucks a day per person. I'm not a good one to ask though, I usually don't tip housekeeping unless they do something extraordinary.

No major weekend fun here. Just hanging out. Feel like crap anyway. Ugh. Just tired. Very tired. But hopefully I'll have answers from Heck Test tomorrow and maybe there's something they can do about it.

mfdwife, glad you seem to be in good spirits. I'm also glad to hear you're recovering. :grouphug:

Thanks! Hopefully the answers to heck Test will be in tomorrow. We're off to go RV'ing in the afternoon, so hopefully I won't have to worry for 4 days about it....

No, we chatter about various things: from food to family to friends to whatever is going on with our lives. I have not been on much lately because I am in the process of buying a second home.:goodvibes We have been going back and forth to Florida, but should close next month.

ooh!!! a SECOND house? VERY exciting!!!!!

Or, perverted...:sad2:

You think the depravity level is reached and then someone does something that lowers the bar to a new low. Funny, though, how karma works, huh?

So, sorry for your loss, wonder.:hug:

What happened wonder? And someone said something depraved, whatever it was that happened, I guess.

Up north, on the beach, on the way to Disney. It is white sand and dolphins jumping in the ocean, kind of place. We feel very lucky, although we cannot permanently move there for a couple of years.

My parents did that. Bought a place south of Disney/Orlando. Then started looking for jobs down that way. Once they found them, they moved down, in the meantime it was a vacation home.

White sand and dolphins sounds awfully lovely! :cloud9:

Hi everyone! Just popping in to say hi. What's up?

I'm gonna go back and read the thread to see how you're all doing. I miss it here. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter