Found old safe in my basement

I had shown this to DH on Friday night and asked him what he thought. He said if it was him he would get out an Angle Grinder and take the back or a side off! I just showed him the update with the pic of your husband and he said "See! I told you so!".

It is still quite usable since it is on wheels. While I personally wouldn't bother with it anymore, as the adventure alone was priceless, one can take the back fully off. Grind down all the sharp edges & place it against the wall as a decorative "faux safe" with an opening in the back.

Who knows, if the OP is able to find the decendants of Clyde Knapp, they may still want the safe, as the letter was to him.

Thanks OP this was such a fun thread. Please keep us updated if you find any family members to the letter.

Sharon

001-1.jpg

quote]

Very cool!! See everyone? The safe isn't empty! :goodvibes

It might. I already found out that one single picture in the album is worth $1200-1400!! LOL

Cool! The only pictures I ever found in an old townhouse I rented were of a nudist colony-like development in Florida.

Trust me, no one would've paid for those.:scared1:

Couldn't wait to catch up and just read the WHOLE thread! Cool papers! Let us know if you find the people! I would have done the same thing and you could still push it against a wall and have a neat piece--at the very least--a conversation starter! Thanks for sharing the adventure with us--it was fun!!!

This was such a fun read OP thank-you letting us follow your hunt for the treasure! And I think you found the best kind of treasure History!!

Cool! The only pictures I ever found in an old townhouse I rented were of a nudist colony-like development in Florida.

Trust me, no one would've paid for those.:scared1:

They must get around!!! When I was 12 my sisters and I found a brochure of a nudist colony (not sure if it was in Florida) around the 1960's based on what little clothing they had and furniture in the background! It was in our attic in our house in Dearborn, MI!

wow fun find...are you going to frame it??? if you do be sure to frame it with acid free paper behind it or it will ruin the letter. Your hands can also ruin the paper. What was in the wood box? I read but did not see what was in it or if anything?

Thanks for all the fun. I could not get back to the DIS till tonight and was wondering what you found :thumbsup2 may not be money but a cool letter still ROCKS! Thanks for sharing....

I guess that is the end of our Safe Watch 2008. I am so glad that all of you were here to share in this. I am sorry that the ending is so disappointing. But at least there was the one letter, gives me something to research into.

Boy do I have a mess to clean up................ :eek: Heavy concrete, metal and not to mention the smell to get out of my house.

The safe may have been empty, but look at it this way, at least there was an ending and it wasn't another "neighbor" thread!

Thanks again for making this even more exciting for me!!!!!

And to all who are angry with me for ruining a piece of history "I am sorry" but I just couldn't help myself. Forgive me:worship:

Well OP, thanks for the ride. It was so much fun sharing the anticipation with you ! I really appreciate all the time you took to accommodate your DIS friends. To the downers who have critizied you for hacking into the safe: tell them to get their own safe and they can do with it what they wish !

I have to go now and start unpacking. I highly doubt that the letter you found inside will prove to be worth enough to take us all on the 14-day land and sea adventure we were hoping for.............oh well - you win some, you lose some !:lmao:

It was fun dreaming of the vacation with all my dis'ers though!! There is always still the lottery............. I do play the megaball so ya never know! :goodvibes

It was fun dreaming of the vacation with all my dis'ers though!! There is always still the lottery............. I do play the megaball so ya never know! :goodvibes

Don't give up hope.....that new / old house that you're moving into may hold more lucrative treasures !!!! Have faith and pixie dust !

I'm glad this was 'solved' even if it wasn't cash! I love that you found SOMETHING instead of NOTHING. Those papers could be priceless to SOMEONE!!

Who knows, if the OP is able to find the decendants of Clyde Knapp, they may still want the safe, as the letter was to him.

OP - you could call up the decendants and tell them they just inherited a backless safe!

BTW - thanks for bring me out of lurkdoom. This was a fun thread!:yay:

Thats for keeping all of us informed at SAFE WATCH 2008!! Its a shame it wasn't a dream come true ending .

Thats for keeping all of us informed at SAFE WATCH 2008!! Its a shame it wasn't a dream come true ending .

Ya'll are believing the OP much too easily. I suspect she found a million in gold and isn't telling because she doesn't want the IRS to find out... :rolleyes1

(Well, I can dream, can't I? :rotfl2: )

Ya'll are believing the OP much too easily. I suspect she found a million in gold and isn't telling because she doesn't want the IRS to find out... :rolleyes1
That thought did occur to me, too. I was thinking if there WERE millions of dollars in cash, gold or jewelry, the OP would be smart to come back and tell us, "Nothing to see here, folks. Move along..." :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter