FREAP CHAT Part 2 ~ Everyone Welcome to our new digs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all,
I am up and very tired. I did not sleep well. I guess I miss my DD. Plus Dh waited to tell me until last night that they moved all the girls stuff into an apartment then took them to a hotel. I asked why and he informed me they have no smoke alarms. So momma bear is so not happy. I guess they called the realtor and of course he blew them off.
So I left him a message saying if this and anything else I find as a safety issue is not dealt with today I will have be calling the fire department and have them and the town walk thry the whole place.

Morning all,
I am up and very tired. I did not sleep well. I guess I miss my DD. Plus Dh waited to tell me until last night that they moved all the girls stuff into an apartment then took them to a hotel. I asked why and he informed me they have no smoke alarms. So momma bear is so not happy. I guess they called the realtor and of course he blew them off.
So I left him a message saying if this and anything else I find as a safety issue is not dealt with today I will have be calling the fire department and have them and the town walk thry the whole place.

Oh-no. That is odd- don't you need a smoke alarm every few feet in any building nowadays!?:laughing:

Maybe DH can run to Home Depot real fast and get one temporarily to make you both feel better, and of course for safety! I think they have the kind you just plug in an outlet now- don't they? Or is that just a CO detector?

Welcome Mimi!!!!! And thanks for the reassurance from you and everyone else.:grouphug: I guess I might have been a little too sensitive to the issue and I know that aunt is bonkers.:dance3: I also had to field constant advice and opinions on my decision to homeschool. The only relatives that support me are the holy rollers(not sure how I feel about that:laughing: ). I get tired of the constant questions about socialization. I don't know about ya'll, but I always got in trouble for socializing at school.:rotfl2: I tell them about soccer, gymnastics, homeschool groups, etc.. and it just goes right over their heads.:sad2: Last night in bed I was thanking DH for going this year and he's like "What are you thanking me for?" I told him "I can barely tolerate my own relatives so I know it must be hard for you.":lmao: He did mostly just hang out on the balcony drinking beer and reading a book though so he didn't have it too rough.

Kellie-sorry you had a rough night.:hug: I can't believe with building codes that there were no fire alarms.:scared1: Hope it gets straightened out soon.

Hey Kellie, just put Max on the bus. Sarah starts tomorrow. Then you and I can plan a playdate when you feel up to it. Poor Gato must be lonely.

Hope you catch a nap today.

Madd your pics were too darn cute.

Sarah and I are having a "girls" day, going shopping and out for lunch...:goodvibes

Marna you rock. You do great with your kids. Just repeat that mantra that Madd made up for you...and remember the aliens
connie_10.gif

I also had to field constant advice and opinions on my decision to homeschool. .[/QUOTE]

pperfectmom I know the feeling. I have been homeschooling my daughter now for about four years. It was rough at first and some of his aunts still question his mom every now and then but she always tells them if they have questions ask us or let it go. Natalie is fine and she has friends. I think most of the issues are lack of education on the subject by the persons whom question the choice to homeschool. Good job for making that choice and you know what your son is just fine because he has a mom like you.

:hug:

Oh-no. That is odd- don't you need a smoke alarm every few feet in any building nowadays!?:laughing:

Maybe DH can run to Home Depot real fast and get one temporarily to make you both feel better, and of course for safety! I think they have the kind you just plug in an outlet now- don't they? Or is that just a CO detector?

It is odd. But due to the fact is is a was rented to college kids I do not think anyone cared. John said that when they went and looked at the place they where all there. But they are hard wired and ripped out. john seems to think they did work and forgot to put them back. But that still means the realtor lied to me. I asked Sunday if they had been test and working and he said they justs did it in the Am and he was there.
Plus the law in Ma is it needs a CO detector and of course that is missing also. I am going to have such a chat with the realtor. It would not be so bad but he lied to me.
I told him he will be paying for the hotel and I want a check today.

Debii , I don't think we'll ever be on here at the same time. See your weekend was rough. Sorry.:happytv: This is me.:surfweb:

Hey Kellie, just put Max on the bus. Sarah starts tomorrow. Then you and I can plan a playdate when you feel up to it. Poor Gato must be lonely.

Hope you catch a nap today.

Madd your pics were too darn cute.

Sarah and I are having a "girls" day, going shopping and out for lunch...:goodvibes

A playdate sounds good.

Debii , I don't think we'll ever be on here at the same time. See your weekend was rough. Sorry.:happytv: This is me.:surfweb:

Hey Mom! And everyone else! My weekend was great, I shouldn't have complained, but there was a moment there when I just wanted to SPIT! :rotfl: At my husband...not my guests! But I went and took a bath and relaxed for awhile, then I was less spitty!

All in all, we had a fantastic time. Swimming, grilling, giant sushi-fest on Saturday night. It did rain all weekend, but that was ok, we played dominoes and DDR with the kids, watched movies, etc....

So all's well that ends well!:goodvibes

Yeah...she's a lurker!

Or at least she lurks, waiting for me to be on at the same time, but that never seems to happen...

Once again, thanks for all the support Freaps!:grouphug: I know where to come when I need a boost.

And now some pictures I've been promising all summer. This first one of melons and zinnias is my favorite from the garden.

100_2042.jpg

Here is another garden view.
100_2036.jpg

And here is Charlotte who hung out between two tomatoes most of the summer. Isn't she beautiful?
100_2050.jpg

Here are a mama and baby that visit the small pond in our backyard all the time.
100_2047.jpg

What wonderful pics Madd

Natalie is so grown up. Good for you standing strong on the homes schooling. I have no idea why so many people want to bring up other peoples kids and let you know what they feel you are doing wrong.
DH's mother is like that. She has always would try to tell us what we did wrong with DD. It only stopped when I told her she mess up Dh so much it took me years to fix him.:rotfl2:

We just got back from DD apartment. The realtor meet us there and had all the big stuff dealt with right away. We also got the money back for the hotel we put them in last night.
He did say that it is her apartment and she is the one who needs to deal with all this. I thought DH was going to hit him. I told him I co signed for it and as far as I am concerned I am the one who rented it.
I also told him I have the lanlords phone number and will call him for now on if he does not want to do his job.
I think I saw tears in his eyes.:rotfl2:

And now that I'm on a roll, here are some family pictures from this past weekend. Here are me and the kids on a hike. It was insanely hot which explains the sweaty red faces.:rotfl2:
100_2077.jpg

And here are the kids on the balcony of our room. The view is amazing though it took until about noon every day before the fog burned off and you could see the mountains.

100_2086.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter