• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FREAP CHAT Part 2 ~ Everyone Welcome to our new digs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie is so grown up. Good for you standing strong on the homes schooling. I have no idea why so many people want to bring up other peoples kids and let you know what they feel you are doing wrong.
DH's mother is like that. She has always would try to tell us what we did wrong with DD. It only stopped when I told her she mess up Dh so much it took me years to fix him.:rotfl2:

We just got back from DD apartment. The realtor meet us there and had all the big stuff dealt with right away. We also got the money back for the hotel we put them in last night.
He did say that it is her apartment and she is the one who needs to deal with all this. I thought DH was going to hit him. I told him I co signed for it and as far as I am concerned I am the one who rented it.
I also told him I have the lanlords phone number and will call him for now on if he does not want to do his job.
I think I saw tears in his eyes.:rotfl2:

You go Kellie now he knows not to mess with the mom or daughter:goodvibes :rotfl2:

Madd - the Boardwalk rocks! :thumbsup2 I'm leaving on Sunday, staying at Animal Kingdom Villas than our last night at the Boardwalk villas. That clown slide still kinda creeps me out every time I visit. Since I don't have any kids either I usually go to the other pool but if I ever take a kid with me, I hope they don't get scared of that slide:laughing:

Your niece is adorable. It sounds like you had a blast and the drinks already have my mouth watering. Can't wait to try one of those martini's!:drinking1

Marna- It's great that you have the patience to homeschool your son. My oldest had a tough time in elementary school, but the truth was I thought with a little work the school could have been a great fit. Well, when my youngest started having problems, I switched them both to the local private elementary school and it was like night and day. As much as I love my kids, I am not the best one to be teaching them. They ran circles around me in cub scouts. Now, the rest of the troop listened, did their projects, and had a great time. My boys just pushed my buttons!! ;)

Madd - the Boardwalk rocks! :thumbsup2 I'm leaving on Sunday, staying at Animal Kingdom Villas than our last night at the Boardwalk villas. That clown slide still kinda creeps me out every time I visit. Since I don't have any kids either I usually go to the other pool but if I ever take a kid with me, I hope they don't get scared of that slide:laughing:

Your niece is adorable. It sounds like you had a blast and the drinks already have my mouth watering. Can't wait to try one of those martini's!:drinking1

Have fun!!!!!:cool1: I think I may have put on a few pounds just from the chocolate martinis!

DH actually got me hooked on them a week before I left for Disney! We were having a small party at our house and he went to the liquor store- when he came home he said he had a surprise for me!:dance3: He pulled out the bottle of Godiva liquor and the vanilla vodka! I can't get enough of those little suckers now! I actually CRAVE them!:rotfl2:

I am going grocery shopping tonight and have to pick up 1% milk to use in them- we have been using half and half- and I can't go on like that! I can't imagine the fat and calories!:scared1:

Marna- your garden and your yard are beautiful! You should post a pic of your awesome house!!!! I love it!

And the pics of you and the kids are great! I can't believe how big they are getting. So many red-headed wenches (and WIW!)!!:banana:

Your spider pic is cool- and I will tell you a sad story that could have only have happened to me! I was outside today looking at my garden and there was a flying (bug? bumble bee? hummingbird?) I could not figure out what this thing was flying around my butterfly bush. It had the bright yellow and black markings of a bumble bee- but it kind of moved quickly like a hummingbird (but it seemed a little smaller than a hummingbird) anyway- I was admiring it- and all of a sudden- I heard a CRUNCH! I am staring at this thing and it looks like it got stuck on one of the butterfly bush branches??? All I saw were his little wings fluttering!?? I wanted to save it UNTIL I realized:scared1: a DARN praying mantis looked to be camouflaged on one of the leaves and he took a BITE out of the little thing!:sad1: Crunch I tell you! I heard it!

:lmao: I started talking to myself saying- "oh- I can't look at THIS!" :rotfl2: I walked away! I wanted to save the poor little thing but I did not want to hurt the praying mantis!

WHO sees these things? Just me?:confused3 I tell ya- I think I am on the Animal Planet hidden camera show.....well, if they had one! :scared: Nature is cruel:laughing:

It is odd. But due to the fact is is a was rented to college kids I do not think anyone cared. John said that when they went and looked at the place they where all there. But they are hard wired and ripped out. john seems to think they did work and forgot to put them back. But that still means the realtor lied to me. I asked Sunday if they had been test and working and he said they justs did it in the Am and he was there.
Plus the law in Ma is it needs a CO detector and of course that is missing also. I am going to have such a chat with the realtor. It would not be so bad but he lied to me.
I told him he will be paying for the hotel and I want a check today.

Natalie is so grown up. Good for you standing strong on the homes schooling. I have no idea why so many people want to bring up other peoples kids and let you know what they feel you are doing wrong.
DH's mother is like that. She has always would try to tell us what we did wrong with DD. It only stopped when I told her she mess up Dh so much it took me years to fix him.:rotfl2:

We just got back from DD apartment. The realtor meet us there and had all the big stuff dealt with right away. We also got the money back for the hotel we put them in last night.
He did say that it is her apartment and she is the one who needs to deal with all this. I thought DH was going to hit him. I told him I co signed for it and as far as I am concerned I am the one who rented it.
I also told him I have the lanlords phone number and will call him for now on if he does not want to do his job.
I think I saw tears in his eyes.:rotfl2:
:rotfl: :rotfl: Don't mess with kellie!!!:lmao:
And now that I'm on a roll, here are some family pictures from this past weekend. Here are me and the kids on a hike. It was insanely hot which explains the sweaty red faces.:rotfl2:
100_2077.jpg

And here are the kids on the balcony of our room. The view is amazing though it took until about noon every day before the fog burned off and you could see the mountains.

100_2086.jpg

Those pictures are beautiful! I would love to look at a landscape like that every day.

Your spider pic is cool- and I will tell you a sad story that could have only have happened to me! I was outside today looking at my garden and there was a flying (bug? bumble bee? hummingbird?) I could not figure out what this thing was flying around my butterfly bush. It had the bright yellow and black markings of a bumble bee- but it kind of moved quickly like a hummingbird (but it seemed a little smaller than a hummingbird) anyway- I was admiring it- and all of a sudden- I heard a CRUNCH! I am staring at this thing and it looks like it got stuck on one of the butterfly bush branches??? All I saw were his little wings fluttering!?? I wanted to save it UNTIL I realized:scared1: a DARN praying mantis looked to be camouflaged on one of the leaves and he took a BITE out of the little thing!:sad1: Crunch I tell you! I heard it!

:lmao: I started talking to myself saying- "oh- I can't look at THIS!" :rotfl2: I walked away! I wanted to save the poor little thing but I did not want to hurt the praying mantis!

WHO sees these things? Just me?:confused3 I tell ya- I think I am on the Animal Planet hidden camera show.....well, if they had one! :scared: Nature is cruel:laughing:
I bet you saw one of those moths. Can't remember the name but everytime I see one I think it's a hummingbird. Was this it? Says it's a Snowberry Clearwing
Hummingbird Moths
clearwing_hummingbird_moth2.jpg

Marna I love the pictures. The kids are so cute.
Can't help but love the red hair. You son looks like he is thinking and thinking of what his next three moves are going to be.
I love the spider picture but would freak if i saw it.

Madd maybe they do have a hidden animal plant show and are just waiting to put you on TV.:rotfl2:

I think a few of our freaps have a nice little frozen drink machine they can bring also

Denise-that moth is sooo cool. I've never even heard of it.:confused3 I bet that's what madd saw though. And believe me, madd, I see some creepy, brutal stuff around here all the time. It just doesn't bother me since I am ONE SICK FREAP to start with.:laughing:

I bet you saw one of those moths. Can't remember the name but everytime I see one I think it's a hummingbird. Was this it? Says it's a Snowberry Clearwing
Hummingbird Moths
clearwing_hummingbird_moth2.jpg

I bet that was it!!!!!! The body did look longer than a bumble bee!-oh, that is so sad that I witnessed it's demise!:guilty: It made a crunch sound!:scared:

I am falling behind on the posts! :guilty:

Marna, you must have been tired at your family reunion. Otherwise you probably would have been fighting back a snicker or two at Auntie, her stories, and opinions! :hug: I am very sorry she got to you that day. Next time, make a note to be rested up and ready for her and just walk away when she starts talking in your direction. ;) I love ALL the photos you posted, Marna!! What beautiful gardens and children! :flower3:

Theresa, Natalie just won't stop growing, will she!? The nerve of those kids! :rotfl: She is such a beautiful young lady. ::MinnieMo

I love all the WDW resort photos. We are "resort newbies" and I am constantly amazed at all the beautiful sites at the resorts. We are staying at the Music (value) resort next week, I think. I had to make this trip cheap enough to squeak in order to get DH to go this time. :rolleyes:

Kellie being a strong 'mama bear' does not surprise me one bit! :woohoo: Go, Mama, Go! :cheer2:

I have been keeping busy so I don't dwell on DS leaving. It will take me a little while to get back into the routine of him being gone. Thanks to all for your kind words. We are all such Moms! :thumbsup2

I should be packing but DH keeps encouraging me to get these quilts painted/finished. I got the space taped out and primer and white paint on.

Picture003.jpg

This is the second (smaller) quilt square (that’s DH who is trying to get the metal roof on)

Picture001.jpg

And I got the color sections taped off on the big space

Picture005.jpg

Painted one coat of the green paint yesterday

Picture007.jpg

Painted one coat of the yellow paint tonight

Picture009.jpg

I want to try to paint 3 coats of each color to get a good, thick layer of paint on there so it weathers well. I guess I won’t know until next summer if the colors fade.

I can’t quite figure out how to get the spacing set for the smaller quilt as it is not squared off as much as the big one. I am having to think about how to measure the lines for that small one. Someone had asked if I would be using a grid for the measurements and I can’t easily grid that smaller pattern…I’ve really been looking at it. It would take more time that I want to spend on it.

On Sunday, DH and I drove over to a neighbor’s house to help move a piece of furniture. You can clearly see that small quilt patch from that road, ½ a mile away. It looks like a small window on the side of the building. I didn’t realize anyone would be able to see that from the road. DH and I have talked about it and I have decided to make that side an 8’ x 8’, too. It would be very noticeable from that main road and I like that idea. DH thinks I should do the same pattern I have already started on the other side, as it would be easier to measure out and tape off. I would still prefer to try the other pattern somehow. I’ll have to make a decision soon!

I am glad to see so many of us all coming back to the FREAP thread at the same time. I guess we can all reconnect a little more, now, with school starting again and we're all getting back into a routine. :dance3:

Picture003.jpg

This is the second (smaller) quilt square (that’s DH who is trying to get the metal roof on)

Picture001.jpg

And I got the color sections taped off on the big space

Picture005.jpg

Painted one coat of the green paint yesterday

Picture007.jpg

Painted one coat of the yellow paint tonight

Picture009.jpg

Darn you move quick once you make your mind up :woohoo: They look great!

I already love the quilt work on the barn. What a lovely idea. Have fun at music we love that one. I tell you I think the growing potion is in the water. It seems like yesterday she was this real little girl not the tween girl she is now. Time how it passes so quickly

Sally, it has suddenly gotten :cold: here...it was 36 degrees this morning at 7:00. :guilty: Summer seems to be over and I have probably waited too long. :guilty: DH says he will paint the rest of the barn once I finish what I want to do. But, that is starting to look like it will happen when we get back from our trip. I am SO not happy about the cold weather coming and I can use all the :woohoo: I can get! :rotfl:

Theresa, I have tried to stop feeding mine and it never works! They still manage to find a way to keep getting bigger.
teehee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter