Free Disney Dining Plan 2016!!

We went for OKW. We were initially going to go back to por as we love it there and upgrade the dining plan (as we definitely want the table service one) but after upgrading the plan POR was working out more expensive than OKW so thought we might as well have the deluxe resort and added benefits of a balcony and a kitchenette. I'm not sure yet if we will miss the food court at POr as we did use it, however we will probably eat breakfast in our studio.
Incidentally AKL was only $100 more than POr withupgraded DDp, I was very tempted by AKL I must say but hubby isn't keen on the location and lack of boat to DTD

Thats certainly food for thought,

Taking somewhere like Be Our Guest that had a Steak Entre' for $33 would that be covered under the regular 1 table service or is there likely to be a $5 premium fee on top because of the menu item?

I didnt realise that OKW also was next to one of the Golf Courses which is what my partner wants to do, so he is swaying towards there with me now.

We do ddp with the table service meal every yr,
Never have I been to a restaurant where there has been an extra charge,
The only places that are extra are the signature meals and they are not extra money, just an extra credit, e.g we did narcooses and I had steak and lobster tail, it cost me nothing extra oop just the meal was two credits.
I think the TS meal plan is amazing, my boys aged 9,9,12 have loved eating at all the different places, like TREX rain forest cafe, And ccalafornia grill, not to forget CRT and all the character meals you can do.

We go to florida on Sunday for our 4 day cruise and 9 nights at Akl,
And I don't know whether to place a dep down now, or wait.
I wanted to see what may was like at disney before deciding deciding,
Do you think everything will be booked up when I get back back,
I know it probably won't be but want to check,
Also do resort prices go up when they start to fill, trying to see if I'll gain anything by booking now instead of at the end of may.

Also do resort prices go up when they start to fill, trying to see if I'll gain anything by booking now instead of at the end of may.
I don't think everything will be booked up in two weeks, not with the UK offer. Looks like from the boards they are leaving less rooms for the
US FreeDining offer. (although that one is for 2015 and the UK is for 2016)
Our first FD offer we booked in October 2007 for Summer 2008 and there were still rooms. Also I have been price watching and the prices now
are the price the rooms should stay. (again not like the US offer where they are only offering upgraded rooms now for FD)

Have a wonderful trip! May is a wonderful time I read to be there.:)

I think it will have to be Wyndham Bonnet Creek for me again next year. 21 Nights from 11th August (same as we are doing this year) is £8274 in a two bed at SSR (not including tickets) or £5726 in a one bed, which isn't big enough for us.
Bonnet Creek is £2100 in a two bed. So that leaves me £6174 to spend on food!! Are those prices with the usual discount or has that been stopped now. Guess it goes to show that free dining isn't really free.
Seems like a long time ago now when SSR was really cheap. I do love SSR but just cant bring myself to pay that kind of money. Might pop over this year though to go to the Turf Club which we really like.

I think it will have to be Wyndham Bonnet Creek for me again next year. 21 Nights from 11th August (same as we are doing this year) is £8274 in a two bed at SSR (not including tickets) or £5726 in a one bed, which isn't big enough for us.
Bonnet Creek is £2100 in a two bed. So that leaves me £6174 to spend on food!! Are those prices with the usual discount or has that been stopped now. Guess it goes to show that free dining isn't really free.
Seems like a long time ago now when SSR was really cheap. I do love SSR but just cant bring myself to pay that kind of money. Might pop over this year though to go to the Turf Club which we really like.
That's a huge difference. Do you book that your self or through someone?

Wow yes, that is a huge difference. Its not so extreme for smaller families (with 3 we easily fit in a studio, although 2 bedrooms would be lovely!) but just shows how you need to do your own research and work out whether the Disney package is 'worth' it.

Id prefer to be on the standard DDP because i'll like to do quite a few character shows like Backyard BBQ and eat at places like California Grill which will take 2 Table Credits. Also, my partner likes his food. Should bank quite a few days credits up on the days im at Universal ect.

Didn't realise there wasn't a food court at OKW, but i guess that gives us the opportunity to move around and eat at different places for breakfast

Have a lovely trip. Hoe you do a report as I remember reading yours in the past and loving them. :goodvibes

@leematthews there is a fast food place at OKW but it's not a food court more of a food counter with very limited choices. But it has a bit. There is also a food place at Turtle Shack quiet pool. Limited offerings again though. I've looked at both menus as we are at OKW in the summer. Not much of excitement there and almost nothing healthy. Food courts are done much better at moderate resorts with perhaps the exception of AKL which has a pretty decent food court for a deluxe resort.

@leematthews there is a fast food place at OKW but it's not a food court more of a food counter with very limited choices.

and on top of that there is no indoor seating area, so that might be a problem during the summer downpours

fortunately, Port Orleans (FQ or Riverside) both have a more than decent food court and are a couple of minutes drive away.
That will be our home food court when we stay at OKW next fall.

There is also Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs, and that remains one of the best use of a CS entitlement on property. But opens rather late in the morning (not early enough for rope droppers ...)

My own personal formula says OKW = CAR² :p

and on top of that there is no indoor seating area, so that might be a problem during the summer downpours

fortunately, Port Orleans (FQ or Riverside) both have a more than decent food court and are a couple of minutes drive away.
That will be our home food court when we stay at OKW next fall.

There is also Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs, and that remains one of the best use of a CS entitlement on property. But opens rather late in the morning (not early enough for rope droppers ...)

My own personal formula says OKW = CAR² :p

Safe to assume that Port Orleans isn't walkable from OKW?

You can't really walk anywhere that requires use of the main roads in Disney. It is designed to stop people walking anywhere that is a major car route. So no not unless you want to be dealing with roads with no pavements.

Safe to assume that Port Orleans isn't walkable from OKW?

It's not walkable.

without a car you have 3 options :

- boat (or walk) to Disney Springs, then change boats and back to PO (give or take 45 to 60 minutes, one way)
- take a bus to Hollywood Studios and take another bus to Port Orleans (ouch ...)
- take a cab.

walking along busy highways without sidewalks is not an option.

Offer is available to book April 23 – November 3, 2015 for selected arrivals January 1 – March 15, 2016 and April 3 – November 30, 2016.
I want to go over Easter 25th Mar -8 April - peak time I know but unavoidable given kids and teacher wife.....

Can any of you regulars say whether they might offer dining plan over the Easter fornight or has this always been absolute black out and will remain so?

Thanks

I don't think Easter has been included in the dining plan at any point (at least over the last couple of years). I would be pretty amazed if it were made available at a later date... it's meant to be one of the busiest times of the year, so Disney wouldn't see any need to offer any perks to get guests in the rooms.

That's a huge difference. Do you book that your self or through someone?
If you are interested in WBC there are some good threads on the main boards with lots of useful info.

We stayed there last year and hopefully going back again this August. Just priced up a 2 bed villa at SSR for next year and they want £394/nt without tickets. Last year I paid £70/nt for 2 bed at WBC.

The days of true free dining are long gone (wish we could go back to OKW studio for £60/nt incl free DDP) OK if you really want to stay onsite then it might be a good option but its not free anymore.

I have been trying to decide what to book for the past couple of days now, writing everything down and thinking about what I want. I've just about decided (French Quarter :)) but now when I went to plug in The Pop again, well the dollar has just gotten quite a bit cheaper! Can that happen? It will probably go up again but it does make me nervous as to what I'll have to pay by Nov 2016. :scared: Even more important to get a good price, think I'll have to reconsider CS.
I should mention I'm in Sweden, but the UK website seems to have the best deal for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter