• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Disney Dining Plan 2016!!

I should mention I'm in Sweden, but the UK website seems to have the best deal for me.

on the UK site, at the top right, click on the "United Kingdom" link, and change the country to "Ireland"

you'll be directed to the Irish site. same deals as the UK site but prices in Euro

you apparently can't quidco on the irish site, but the prices in Euro will stay no matter what the pound or dollar do on the forex. You'll also avoid any crossborder fee.

on the UK site, at the top right, click on the "United Kingdom" link, and change the country to "Ireland"

you'll be directed to the Irish site. same deals as the UK site but prices in Euro

you apparently can't quidco on the irish site, but the prices in Euro will stay no matter what the pound or dollar do on the forex. You'll also avoid any crossborder fee.

Thank you so much for that tip!! I've gone back and forth all day about which resort to choose and I can happily say I've now booked!! :dogdance: The Monday after Thanksgiving I'll be checking in at POR for 13 nights and I am beyond excited! I've always wanted to stay there and after watching videos on youtube I knew i had to book there. So with your tip I feel better about the rate. :) Also figured out the flux in the pound had been due to the election.

Anyone advise me on this scenario?

I want to go for 2 weeks over Easter 2016 - Easter is early and I have kids so free dining plan is not available until 3 April....last day I can fly back is 9April...so I would like to do the following

fly Orlando 26Mar
Stay 26Mar-3April - in a none Disney hotel
Stay in Disney hotel 3April - 9April for 6 nights with free dining plan

But I need the 14 day disney tickets to be active from 26Mar - will Disney sort this if I book and call them to trigger the tickets at a different date or book by phone?

Many thanks

But I need the 14 day disney tickets to be active from 26Mar - will Disney sort this if I book and call them to trigger the tickets at a different date or book by phone?

no

UK tickets as part of a package are not active unitl check in.

the only way you can play that scenario is by bying US tickets for the first part of your stay, or give the parks a miss.

Anyone advise me on this scenario?

I want to go for 2 weeks over Easter 2016 - Easter is early and I have kids so free dining plan is not available until 3 April....last day I can fly back is 9April...so I would like to do the following

fly Orlando 26Mar
Stay 26Mar-3April - in a none Disney hotel
Stay in Disney hotel 3April - 9April for 6 nights with free dining plan

Many thanks

Sorry to say Chmurf is right - when you book now they tell you when you tickets will activate as part of your package. Although this has always been the rule in the last year they have made it a lot clearer and more obvious as there were quite a few people upset they couldn't get their tickets early.

Tickets become live at check in.

Im all Booked at last.

So excited its unreal.

Nice touch of Ocean Florida to include day passes to the Merlin Attractions at thats a days worth of activities paid for

Hi @Lee Matthews

Congrats on getting booked! We have are pretty sure on dates, but still haven't book :rolleyes2

Did you book with Ocean Florida? What did you think?

They were recommended to me a few months back (they were actually raving about them). They were extremely friendly & helpful, but the quote turned out to be not as competitive as expected, so we are going to DIY.

If i'm honest, as soon as i got a quote and said i was interested, they were quite pushy in wanting to get me to book but life issues as always got in the way. I guess that they did it so i can still get a good deal before they start booking up but at the same time, i felt quite pressured.

Saying that, i'm happy i booked with them so far. everyone i know says what i great deal i got and even after booking, i received an invoice for the total which was £250 more than they quoted me, but a quick email and the dropped it back to the original quote so i can only assume that the price has gone up £250 recently already.

Im incredibly excited as its a lot of firsts for me (even after working in Epcot for a year on the CRP) First time ive gone for 3 weeks, first time in a Deluxe Hotel, first time on the dinning plan, first time going to Discovery Cove and Bush gardens.

My only concern is the lack of places to eat at Old Key West. For dinner its fine because we have Disney Springs a boat ride away but its not ideal for breakfasts as i can see myself needing to go to other resorts or breakfast in the parks

Will they be offering free dining again for 2016?
[/URL][/U][/URL][/U]

UK Disney wont offer free dining again for 2016. Uk free dining offer for 2017 should be released April 2016.

US free dining (that is also bookable by Uk residents) is usually released May for September and Autumn dates the same year. It is much more limited than the UK offer and has different terms and conditions eg you buy magic your way tickets, lots of blackout dates.

So happy to hear about the Free Dining being released in April.
Have our dates booked just hoping to get the promo :D

So happy to hear about the Free Dining being released in April.
Have our dates booked just hoping to get the promo :D

It doesn't work like that: the offer for free dining for UK guests must be booked as such. If you already have your 2017 booking in place, you'd have to cancel to swtich to Free Dining. If you've booked for 2016, you've missed the boat. The Free Dining for 2016 came out April 2015.

It doesn't work like that: the offer for free dining for UK guests must be booked as such. If you already have your 2017 booking in place, you'd have to cancel to swtich to Free Dining. If you've booked for 2016, you've missed the boat. The Free Dining for 2016 came out April 2015.

Depending on who you book with, they may allow you to remove the hotel aspect and then add it again. I know Virgin will do this for you.

Depending on who you book with, they may allow you to remove the hotel aspect and then add it again. I know Virgin will do this for you.

Is that if you've booked a package with flights? We always book ours separately, so in my head flights and the WDW booking have nothing to do with each other! (I'm trying to find a slap forehead D'oh type smilie, but failing... but imagine me doing that! ;) )

Is that if you've booked a package with flights? We always book ours separately, so in my head flights and the WDW booking have nothing to do with each other! (I'm trying to find a slap forehead D'oh type smilie, but failing... but imagine me doing that! ;) )
Yeah that would be with a package, I should have been clear!

If you book directly with Disney UK, for the sake of £100 I'd cancel and rebook if they wouldn't change

[/URL][/U][/URL][/U]

Uk free dining offer for 2017 should be released April 2016.

thanks - i have to remember to check it when it comes out...
i want to compare it to staying at bonnet creek, which i believe we have to book in may or june for 2017 for the rooms i want..
so good thing i'll be able to check disney UK free dining first..

do we know when free dinning is gone to be, I'm planning on September 30 - October 9. Just want to know if my dates will be ok

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter