Ft. Wilderness Cabins becoming DVC?

The key to CFW and Poly2 both, funnily enough is going to be the points chart.

Both are in danger of being priced way too high.

CFW is going to have serious limitations - they are starting sales soon and have announced (nor have we seen renderings/work/etc.) significant enhancements to the campground to make it a Deluxe quality facility.

I also think they are somewhat like the treehouses in that, you’ll want a car to be there to have the best experience possible, which will limit the pool of buyers.

We shall see….

The key to CFW and Poly2 both, funnily enough is going to be the points chart.

Both are in danger of being priced way too high.

CFW is going to have serious limitations - they are starting sales soon and have announced (nor have we seen renderings/work/etc.) significant enhancements to the campground to make it a Deluxe quality facility.

I also think they are somewhat like the treehouses in that, you’ll want a car to be there to have the best experience possible, which will limit the pool of buyers.

We shall see….
It's not going to be a deluxe resort. The cabin will be deluxe enough, although small compared to DVC one bedroom units. They'll probably do some stuff with the pool, laundry, etc but I'm not expecting much. I think the biggest thing it's likely going to be missing for a while is a table service restaurant (not considering Hoop de Doo). Every DVC resort has a restaurant on site for people that don't (or can't) cook every night.

More so than even a car, most need a golf cart. At the prices Disney charges for carts it's no small thing. It's like a "tax" at VDH in that it's something people will consider as an added cost to staying in a cabin. Most of us love the idea of DVC feeling like it's pre-paid with dues payments just auto drafting or paid annually, and I don't know how many will take kindly to paying for a cart. Maybe $5/off will be a Membership Extra. 😅

On cars and carts, I wonder if they'll have a "preferred" category closest to bus stops, which might work to save people from needing a car or cart.

In our family young children love riding the golf cart around a campground. CFW golf cart rides may become an activity families talk about for generations.

In our family young children love riding the golf cart around a campground. CFW golf cart rides may become an activity families talk about for generations.
Agreed here. Golf carts are a must, even more so as to where the Cabins are located.

We've stayed at the cabins both with a cart and without (relying on busses) and the experiences are very different. Practically speaking, getting around faster + parking closer to trading posts, pools, MK boat launch, etc are enough reasons for us to use carts. Add on top my kids enjoying riding around and it's like an attraction for them. But we didnt discover that until our second trip. I think many approach their first trip without a cart thinking it's not really worth the expense.

I am most interested in seeing how the sell of this resort does, especially if they sell it as a restricted resort. I would enjoy bringing my dog with us but not for 30k so I have to assume outside of guaranteed week this may take awhile to sell out if it is restricted. Will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few months. Watching closely 😎

I am most interested in seeing how the sell of this resort does, especially if they sell it as a restricted resort. I would enjoy bringing my dog with us but not for 30k so I have to assume outside of guaranteed week this may take awhile to sell out if it is restricted. Will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few months. Watching closely 😎
Considering you could purchase a RV that sleeps 6 (or heck, even rent one like we did) and isn't much smaller than the cabin footprint and potentially reserve a campsite for what your Cabin Annual Dues would be, it's going to be a tougher sell...

Also, you'd save $315 on a week's stay on the fee for your pet ($5/nt in RV, $50/nt in Cabin).

Considering you could purchase a RV that sleeps 6 (or heck, even rent one like we did) and isn't much smaller than the cabin footprint and potentially reserve a campsite for what your Cabin Annual Dues would be, it's going to be a tougher sell...

Also, you'd save $315 on a week's stay on the fee for your pet ($5/nt in RV, $50/nt in Cabin).
Very interesting and good point!

Or rent an RV to stay there.

Given this who exactly is going to be buying at this resort.

It all depends on how many points a cabin costs. As I said, if they price them as a VGF studio, it's going to be very successful ("stay in a 1BR for the cost of a studio" marketing). If they price it like a CCV cabin, then no one will book them. As a comparison, currently the cabins cash rates are cheaper than any DVC studio.

We have loved our two FW stays - once in our own camper and once in a cabin. I would pay the extra money not to have to haul our own camper down to Florida again. much as I love staying in our own 'home away from home on wheels', that drive isn't worth it to us. 😂 Staying in a golf cart friendly vacation spot is a huge plus to all of our vacations, and now we actively look for.places to go that are gold cart friendly - our family loves tooling around in a golf cart - I have no idea why, but we rank it right up there with actual rides in the parks... My main issue with the FW cabins is that I don't care for the rustic vibe. In all honesty, I would give Disney all my vacation dollars if OKW or SSR were golf cart friendly and we could take them to DS - those resorts would be perfect places to have golf carts. If the new DVC cabins are not the rustic or southwest vibe, and they enhance some of the amenities, we would buy in a second. We might still, and overlook the design, if they plus up the amenities some

It's really kind of weird, actually. I'm all for using lighter tones so it's not dark, but they could have done a light tone that kept the log cabin/ rustic look. Instead this is a strange mish-mash of styles. It looks cheap to me? Not sure I'd stay here.

Something like the pic attached (on a small scale) would have fit better IMO.
I wish this is what they are doing.

I was so excited for the Cabins, as I absolutely loved them... I do not like the new theming. Bring back the "wilderness" please!

I wish this is what they are doing.

I was so excited for the Cabins, as I absolutely loved them... I do not like the new theming. Bring back the "wilderness" please!
I guess I am the minority as I actually like the new look but still not enough to persuade me drop 230 a point to stay there but a little closer than had they kept the whole 1980’s log cabin asthmatic. 🤣🤣🤣

Not sure if this was discussed, as I haven't kept up on this...

I just received a promotional/solicitation email from DVC regarding the cabins. The footnote says:

Proposed accommodations for The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort – a new Disney Vacation Club® Resort are under construction and projected to open Summer 2024. Images shown include model rooms and artist renderings. Fixtures and furnishings are subject to change. Membership requires purchasing a deeded ownership interest at The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort that expires January 31, 2075, which is typically priced at $22,700 to $60,100 (subject to change).

I guess they are pricing this from $227/pt ($22,700 for minimum master contract size of 100 points)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter