Gasparilla Island Grill, okay for a simple supper?

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
We are planning on heading to GF after an early day at MK to see the big Gingerbread House this Christmas. Before we head back to our resort, I thought we could grab a sandwich or salad here at the GF QS place. Is it decent?

We dinna eat there when we stayed at GF last December/January but took a look see tour. The food choices looked decent and what you'd expect from a food court. The only QS we've eaten at of the monorail hotels is Capt. Cook and we were happy there.

Yes it's decent QS. I wouldn't travel to GF just to eat there, like I would to Poly for Captain Cooks for CR for Contempo Cafe, but they have decent sandwiches and flat bread style pizza. If you're already there to see the holiday decorations, which is definitely a great idea, it's a fine place to eat. When we stay at the Poly we will walk over there and eat at Gasparilla just for a change of pace.

I like it. I typically get the blackened fish reuben.

Be sure to check MDE to see if the pianist or (mini) Orchestra is performing. If there are fireworks at the MK, there are a couple of viewing areas at the GF (with the caveat that you won't be able to see the projections.)

This is one of our favorite resort QS options. Create your own salad bar is great and if the Holiday Turkey Sandwich is back it's AMAZING! I would not hesitate to stop in here if I was visiting the Grand.

Absolutely. And if the evening is nice enough, the outdoor seating has the best view of any resort quick service on property:

F505A010-AAE5-41E2-B9F2-C52C55E8CFA0.jpeg

I love this place. Super great quality, fresh food. We ate there numerous times when we stayed at the GF a couple years ago.

Last edited:

Absolutely. And if the evening is nice enough, the outdoor seating has the best view of any resort quick service on property:

View attachment 382601

Well, well, well! Had no idea they had such nice outdoor seating! That is one of the reasons I like to go to WDW in the cooler months so we can sit outside to eat, from time to time (in the summer months, I gotta stay indoors in AC to eat!).

Great feedback from all of you! Glad it will be an option for us.

Well, well, well! Had no idea they had such nice outdoor seating! That is one of the reasons I like to go to WDW in the cooler months so we can sit outside to eat, from time to time (in the summer months, I gotta stay indoors in AC to eat!).

Great feedback from all of you! Glad it will be an option for us.
We had a room overlooking the marina and thus rarely went outside to see the MK fireworks. Did note that the people sitting outside the Gasparilla had a better view than we did and the area filled up fast about 30-45 minutes before the pyrotechnics started. People had no problem moving tables and chairs and staff didn't mind.
Once we took the bus back to the resort from somewhere and discovered what might be the fastest and least crowded way to reach this viewing site. Get off the front of the bus, turn left and head straight ahead towards the Conference Center. Make a right at the covered area and walk thru the service area until you reach the marina, seating and Gasparilla will be on your right. I'll try to download a map to better illustrate what I'm saying but no guarantees; I can be a total technodope.

Thanks, NYCgrl. We would be coming from MK, though, probably the monorail, unless we feel like taking the boat. Depends on how early we leave MK and if we feel like strolling around GF grounds, before we go to look at the gingerbread house. We are typically not fireworks people and like to get "home" to our resort (OKW) fairly early, but I could see how inviting it is at that GF marina!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter