GE Limited Release Magic Band option with resort stay ($14.99)

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
Right now there is a limited release GE (Galaxy’s Edge) magic band as an option under the magic band selection. I ordered it but it's not discounted as it's $29.99 right now. it is now $14.99 and if you purchased when it was more expensive you will get a credit.

My plan is after receiving it then see if it was an error. These magic band selections can go fast and not worth the wait if you want it.

Link to picture of band http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/...t-today-star-wars-galaxys-edge-and-halloween/

Last edited:
Don't think it is an error. Likely a $49.99 MB discounted to $29.99. That's awesome you were able to get it.

Right now there is a limited release GE magic band as an option under the magic band selection. I ordered it but it's not discounted as it's $29.99 right now.

My plan is after receiving it then see if it was an error. These magic band selections can go fast and not worth the wait if you want it.
Oh lol GE . I thought it was General Electric is it? Is it Galaxy Edge?

Don't think it is an error. Likely a $49.99 MB discounted to $29.99. That's awesome you were able to get it.

I am not counting on a discount and others should not. I will ask after the fact, I wanted this either way (since it's personalized and the ones in parks are not).

This is Limited Release not Limited Edition. So the standard price should be $29.99 and is what the system was saying with not crossed out discounted price.

We will see but this is a nice little thing to have for the future that you will always bring back with you.

I am not counting on a discount and others should not. I will ask after the fact, I wanted this either way (since it's personalized and the ones in parks are not).

This is Limited Release not Limited Edition. So the standard price should be $29.99 and is what the system was saying with not crossed out discounted price.

We will see but this is a nice little thing to have for the future that you will always bring back with you.
Ah interesting, that changes things a bit then. Still probably worth it because I don't see it on shop disney at all.

Ah interesting, that changes things a bit then. Still probably worth it because I don't see it on shop disney at all.

I will say I am expecting to see this in stores. If you are getting this it's to avoid any potential sell out while you are there, get personalization on the band, and possibly (but don't expect it) discount to $15 like other limited release bands.

I'm pleased I ordered when I did as I just received this email from Disney:

We are so excited for your upcoming visit to Walt Disney World® Resort! We hope you are enjoying the planning experience and looking forward to vacationing with us.
We are reaching out about the recent MagicBand order you made through My Disney Experience. You will be receiving a credit of 14.99 toward your purchase as due to a systemic error the price of Star War’s Galaxy’s Edge MagicBand was incorrect. The credit will reduce the amount you will be charged when your order ships.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you real soon!

Guest Experience Team

Dang, I just completed my magic band orders on Friday. I would have loved to get the GE one.

Just ordered my 5 limited edition GE bands for December 🤗. Hope I get the email that price was incorrect as well! When do they ship the bands?

Just ordered my 5 limited edition GE bands for December 🤗. Hope I get the email that price was incorrect as well! When do they ship the bands?

Yup I got the notification at 4:10PM CST and had ordered at 6:30AM CST this morning. I would expect you will otherwise just reach out to them after it ships.

Yup I got the notification at 4:10PM CST and had ordered at 6:30AM CST this morning. I would expect you will otherwise just reach out to them after it ships.
Got my email this morning! Price should be $14.99 not $29.99. They will credit me when shipping. Thank you for letting me know! Why I ordered. Will be half price for buying 5 😊

If I pre-order the GE one but then decide on a different one later, can I change my order? We're not traveling until January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter