Geeks On A Plane - 1/11 PTR * Postponed :( 7/2

Her boss suspended her for being late one day, but has been trying to fire her for months. She's been looking for another job, but hasn't been able to find anything and now with the surgery coming up, she's afraid that if she tells them she needs accomodations for a temporary disability or something, even with documentation, that they'll fire her. I think that's illegal, but she thinks that they'll say that she had some other reason for being fired. Unfortunately, her insurance is through that job and her husband has two part-time jobs, even though he works full-time hours at both. Neither job offers insurance for part-timers, so if she loses the job that suspended her, she'll lose her insurance and be liable for the entire cost of the surgery, which may mean she'll have to put it off even further. I told her to ask her doctor about temporary disability benefits, so she's going to call him tomorrow. She lives out in the far suburbs in a college town, so there aren't very many jobs out there that are available anyway, let alone to someone who needs insurance immediately and can't currently stand up, and the ones that are available are part-time and usually in food service.

So... Yeah. Hopefully things will work out for her.

That's good that your company takes people back :) I think if I needed an LOA or something, my company would take me back. My boss loves me, so I'm assuming they would :lmao: Was your employee okay after she totaled her car?

That's ridiculous! I'm pretty sure that would be illegal, unless she lives in an "at will" state, which means anyone can be fired at any time. that's pretty crappy though, and it's a bad time to be without a job, especially if it interferes with disney vacations!

That's ridiculous! I'm pretty sure that would be illegal, unless she lives in an "at will" state, which means anyone can be fired at any time. that's pretty crappy though, and it's a bad time to be without a job, especially if it interferes with disney vacations!

Well, she did get fired, but according to her boss, it wasn't for the medical reasons. It's a long story :hug: But yeah, we just postponed it to next November :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter