Geeks On A Plane - 1/11 PTR * Postponed :( 7/2

suit looks great! and will be looking forward to seeing some of those shirts in your trip report! although i think my favourite is still the self rescuing princess!:lmao:

Catching up!

I love those shirts, and that bathing suit looks really pretty. It's unfortunate how they never look as good on me as they do in the ads :lmao:

As far as the service at six flags, that is ridiculous. I most definitely would have complained to management. I know what you mean about service not being as good as Disney, Disney does seem to excel, but I notice it in my line of work too. I work at a hotel front desk, so whenever I am staying at a hotel, I really pay attention to the people working there. It's always irritating to me when I get bad service, because I know that the job isn;t that hard, there's really no excuse for it!

I'm sorry things are rocky with DBF!

I love those shirts :teeth: I have been expanding my closet outside of jeans and t-shirts, but I still have a love for geeky shirts. The bathing suit was a complete surprise, since I wasn't expecting it to fit so well :cutie:

I just didn't want to deal with it, especially since the poor service was so widespread throughout the park. I think we encountered maybe one person who was polite and provided quality service on both days we were at the park. It's really irritating, though, when you're used to providing and receiving excellent service and you're at a place that just doesn't care.

Eh, it happens. It's part of life, you know? If we break up, we break up. I don't think he'll be coming on the trip either way, though.

Bathing suit looks fantastic!! And I love your Tshirts. I guess we may see photos of you in them at some stage???

Once I order the shirts, yes :goodvibes I've been a little broke lately (long story involving some legal issues I don't want to get into), so once some issues get taken care of, I'll be doing a little more shopping for the trip, including those shirts up above :woohoo:

suit looks great! and will be looking forward to seeing some of those shirts in your trip report! although i think my favourite is still the self rescuing princess!:lmao:

:rotfl: Those shirts will definitely be in the TR at one point or another :) I do love my self-rescuing princess shirt, but I'm almost positive that I'm going to have to wear an unzipped hoodie over it because I don't think I'll have lost any weight by that time. I've actually put some weight on since I changed my BC method, but such is life.

So some random updates...

I'm 90% sure that it will be 3 geeks instead of 4. Unfortunately, it looks like James and I are going to be breaking up sometime soon. Long story, don't really want to get into it. Even if we don't, I'm almost positive that he won't be coming on the trip.

Following in that vein, there's a strong possibility that it will be 2 geeks instead of 3! Jacquie and I were on the phone earlier today and we were discussing the possibility of us having the money for the trip, but Ian (her husband) not. We've discussed the fniancial side of this trip and have decided who's paying for what and how we're paying for the trip (example: I'm paying for the rental car and gas, but she's paying for airport transportation and our custom cake). He hasn't had any input for any of those conversations, and hasn't even started saving for the trip, which is now 201 days away. We decided that we're going to have a conversation with him and tell him that if he doesn't have his entire portion of the money by the time all money for the trip is due (mid-November), then he won't be coming and it will be just me and Jacquie. We just have this feeling that it'll be more fun if it's just the two of us than if Ian comes, too. It's a long story.

If it turns out that way, then we'll be staying at Pop instead of POR. We'll still go with the DxDP and our ticket options, and we'll have a rental car, but we'll downgrade to an economy, since the whole reason of wanting to get the more expensive, larger car is because Ian is 6'4" and would pitch a fit if he had to ride in a smaller car (even though they own a midsize sedan). I don't think we'll get the custom cake, though, since a big cake for two people is kind of excessive, especially since we'll have desserts with all of our meals. If we really want cake, I'm sure we can go over to the Boardwalk and get something from their bakery :)

We can make our ADR's three weeks from today, unless that 190 day glitch thing is still going on. I'll check that morning, since I'm working, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to book them that day or not. I'm also working the morning of the 180 days, so I'll definitely be able to book them on one day or the other :)

I think that's about all that's going on right now in terms of the trip. Jacquie and I have decided, though, that the two of us are definitely going, one way or another. We're also still planning on a shorter trip in September or October of next year, so that we can go to the MNSSHP :teeth:

Jacquie's coming by on Tuesday after she gets off of work, and then we're heading up to Six Flags again on Wednesday. We want to spend the day at the water park :beach: So that'll be fun :)

Your dealing very well with all the uncertainty, I.m so impatient I always need to know what exactlys happening there and then but I think your calm cool approach is definitely superior!:cool1:

althoughh it might just be the two girls the trip still sounds great! know what you mean about losing weight before hols mine is not going to plan either :confused: but I'm also too short on funds to buy any more stuff so going to have to wear what i've got whether its pretty or not!:eek:

Your dealing very well with all the uncertainty, I.m so impatient I always need to know what exactlys happening there and then but I think your calm cool approach is definitely superior!:cool1:

althoughh it might just be the two girls the trip still sounds great! know what you mean about losing weight before hols mine is not going to plan either :confused: but I'm also too short on funds to buy any more stuff so going to have to wear what i've got whether its pretty or not!:eek:

Well, I'm actually pretty used to uncertainty. I like to know what's happening, but I'm also used to not knowing what's going on :cutie: Besides, I'm the researcher between me and Jacquie, which means I'm always looking SOMETHING up :rotfl: Looking at various Disney packages actually helps me keep calm when it comes to the uncertainty about the trip. Also, I know that Jacquie and I are going, one way or another, so that helps, too. :yay:

If it turns out to be just the two of us, I'm sure we'll have even more fun than we would with either of the guys coming. Ian can be kind of a wet blanket, and James doesn't seem to have any interest in anything Disney.

:lmao: Your trip is two weeks away! Don't worry about weight right now!

I know what you mean about the uncertainty. I am planning on my BFF going with me and DS in September, but if she bails, I have the secondary plan all set up, including ADRs and touring plans! A girls trip would be fun for you guys though!

I know what you mean about the uncertainty. I am planning on my BFF going with me and DS in September, but if she bails, I have the secondary plan all set up, including ADRs and touring plans! A girls trip would be fun for you guys though!

Well, we're also planning on going down next fall (not this year, next year) just the two of us so we can hit up MNSSHP :teeth: So, one way or another, at some point, we're going to Disney and it's just going to be the two of us :) I hope your BFF gets it figured out so you can know what plans you have in place :hug:

Well, we're also planning on going down next fall (not this year, next year) just the two of us so we can hit up MNSSHP :teeth: So, one way or another, at some point, we're going to Disney and it's just going to be the two of us :) I hope your BFF gets it figured out so you can know what plans you have in place :hug:

Anytime either of you need company, let me know ... I figure I'll need about 12 months notice in order to save up the pennies for another trip! :rolleyes1

So, just for anyone keeping track, DBF and I split up this morning. It just wasn't working out. It was a mutual decision, and I honestly think he may be a little more upset about it than I am. But yeah. I'm all right with it, since I pretty much knew it was coming.

How are you guys?

Well, I am sorry it didn't work out, though it seems liek it might have been for the best... I'm sure you will find someone much better for you, someone who LOVES Disney! :rotfl2:

I hope so, too :) I'm planning on moving back to Florida at some point anyway, so it really is for the best, because he didn't want to. I also may be going down to WDW in October now on a solo trip :cheer2: I haven't completely decided yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to afford both trips :teeth:

breakups definitely aren't fun but hope your one definite and one potential trip will keep your mind off it!:hug:

breakups definitely aren't fun but hope your one definite and one potential trip will keep your mind off it!:hug:

Yeah, they aren't, but I knew this one was coming. He seemed a little more upset by it than I was, but such is life. But the October 2011 trip is a definite, it's just the dates that are tentative. I may possibly go down for a few days this October, but I'm not sure about it yet. I need to see if I'll have the money for both trips. It's looking slightly possible, but I'm not sure.

But yeah :) I'm okay. A little lonely right now, but that's mostly because I've been home alone for about two weeks except for when I go to work. :confused3

Yeah, they aren't, but I knew this one was coming. He seemed a little more upset by it than I was, but such is life. But the October 2011 trip is a definite, it's just the dates that are tentative. I may possibly go down for a few days this October, but I'm not sure about it yet. I need to see if I'll have the money for both trips. It's looking slightly possible, but I'm not sure.

But yeah :) I'm okay. A little lonely right now, but that's mostly because I've been home alone for about two weeks except for when I go to work. :confused3

Well, you know where we are if you need company....on the DisBoard! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter