• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

General DISNEY Swap Sign-ups CLOSED

KatDisney

<font color=teal><i>Announcer:</i> <font color=roy
I've changed the swap to General Disney. One group will remain specific to the Disneyland's 50th celebration. Please make the elements to fit any Disney park. If you had signed up as the Disneyland swap I will leave your signups as they are unless you want to change them.

:) If you feel that you’re not up to another swap, please don’t feel you have to sign up :)

:thumbsup2 Thanks RealMickeysGirl as I copied your Instructions :thumbsup2

Disneyland Swap DUE Friday August 25th

1. Choose a Ride, Land, Parade,Character or show
2. Choose 2 different items from the list below - I will list your theme & elements .
3. PM me with your DIS name, name and address - so I can pre-address the return envelopes. I will also send you my address and phone number so I can always be reached. Should there be an issue with anything.
4. Post your weekly status on the Progress thread - which will be posted after the slots are filled - like every Friday (or which ever day of the week works best for you). Communication is very important in a swap so please make sure you check in to the Progress thread EVERY week.
5. Check the progress thread for your status - it will be updated with ship info and received info.
6. Packing Instructions - use a Ziploc for each person and put everything for that person into their bag; put all of your Ziploc bags into a large Ziploc bag - be sure to include your name, your DIS name and your address on your big bag (this step is important); include $4.05 for postage (or stamps if you don't want to send cash) to return your items. If you do more than one Swap please include $ 8.10 for a priority box. Please also mark your large Ziploc baggie with the swap group # (this will make sorting so much easier than last time.)
7. PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.
8. There will be 12 people per group – I will have 4 groups. If the groups do not fill up then I will combine them
9. HAVE FUN!! It isn't worth doing if you don't have fun.

Ok - here are the elements to choose from (if you have another idea for an element, let me know and I will add it).

1 Topper - 8 inches wide
2 Borders - 2 vertical, 11 inches in length/width
2 journaling boxes - (double matted and embellished) 2 per person; At least a 2x2 writing area
4 Embellished squares - (double matted) 4 per person
2 Frames - (embellished)
2 Photo Mats - (double matted and embellished) 2 per person
2 Tags - (double matted) 2 per person; Must include either fibers or eyelets in the holes
2 Slide Mounts
1 Box n Tag - (1 of each- Above rules apply)
1 mini file folder
1 library pocket and tag
1 Matchbook
1 Shaker Box - (1 per person)
1 Paper Piecing - (1 per person)
1 Matted Poem or song Lyric - (double matted and embellished); At least 4x4 space (no handwriting please)
Eyelets/brads/buttons/charms AND fiber/ribbon - (8 per person AND 1 yard)

Legend -
I have your address :tink:
You have shipped
I have received your package
I have shipped back to you
You have received your package

Our Disney Cast of Players is:
katdisney :tink:
ohana4 :tink:
disneyland_emily :tink:
hopemax :tink:
potterphreak :tink:
PixieDust32 :tink:
fanofthemouse
Tink93 :tink:
ksjayhawks
RealMickeysGirl :tink:
rlovew :tink:
New England Eeyore
YodasMom :tink:

Group 1: Disneyland 50th Celebration
6. yodasmom - It all started with a mouse - Matted quote & photo mats
7. RealMickeysGirl -Golden Verhicles - 1 topper, golden Dumbo/Teacup tag
8. potterphreak – Parade of Dreams – matted song & 1 topper
9. hopemax - Welcome to Disneyland - Paper piecing & journal boxes
10. Disneyland_emily - Dedication- Lyric/Poem and eyelets/fiber
11. Ohana4 - Disneyland Entrance with topper and photo mats
12. Katdisney - Golden Mickeys ~~ Photo Mats & Squares

Group 2:
2. YodasMom - Haunted Mansion - Quote, poem, or song lyric /Mini File Folder
3. New England Eeyore - Walt and Mickey - 2 Tags, 2 Journalling Boxes
4. hopemax - Are We Ready for Vacation? - 2 Tags, Mini File Folder
5. RealMickeysGirl - All things Minnie - 1 box/tag, 1 library pocket with tag
6. potterphreak – Pirates of the Caribbean – 2 journaling boxes & 1 topper
7. PixieDust32 - Fantasyland, Princesses - Eyelets/brads/buttons/charms AND fiber/ribbon
8. fanofthemouse - Small World song and topper
9. Disneyland_emily - DCA- Library Pocket/Tag and Eyelets and Fiber
10. ksjayhawks - Downtown Disney - Topper & Squares
11. Ohana4 - Disney at night - Poem/song lyric & photo mats
12. Katdisney - Main street - borders and Photo mats

Group 3:
2. YodasMom - Disney Railroad - Quote, poem, or song lyric /Mini File Folder
3. New England Eeyore - When You Wish Upon a Star - Matted Lyric, Library Pocket &Tag
4. RealMickeysGirl - Hidden Mickeys - 1 topper/ 4 embellished squares
5. potterphreak – Tiki Room - matted song / 1 journaling box, 1 tag
6. rlovew - Splash mountain - shaker box /4 embellished squares
7. PixieDust32 - Peter Pan - Embellished squares
8. Tink93 - Mickey - boarders and journaling boxes
9. fanofthemouse - Wishes topper and tag/box
10. hopemax - Alice in Wonderland - Slide Mounts and borders
11. Ohana4 - General Character Meals tags/journal boxes
12. Katdisney - Goofy's Kitchen ~~Topper & journal boxes

Group 4:
5. New England Eeyore - Where Magic Lives - Topper, Mini File Folder
6. RealMickeysGirl - Thank you Walt - 1 library pocket/tag, 1 mini file folder
7. potterphreak – Woody – 1 tag & pocket, 2 photo mats
8. PixieDust32 - Toy Story - Matted Poem or song Lyric
9. fanofthemouse - Parades topper and tag box
10. Ohana4 - Monsters, Inc. characters squares/journal boxes
11. hopemax - Shrunken Ned - Quote and Photo Mats
12. Katdisney - Goofy ~~ Frames & Squares

Ooh,
We're going to Disneyland again this year, so I'm definitely interested. I'll probably sign up for all the groups, but don't quite yet know what I want. For now, please put me down for:

1. Disneyland Entrance with topper and photo mats for the 50th celebration (because I know everyone takes pictures of that gorgeous floral entrance :sunny: )

2. The Lilo and Stitch character breakfast for the restaurant section with tags and journaling boxes.

And I'll let you know the other two later. ;)
Thanks, I love this swap!
We have pictures still from last year that I need to scrap and we'll be going again in July!

Hey! No fair, I was going to put a break on my swaps until I got the ones I am signed up for out the door. Of course, I suppose I don't have to pay postage for this swap :)

Group 2: Welcome to Disneyland - Topper and Journal boxes

Group 3: Alice in Wonderland (the ride) - Slide Mounts and Paper piecing

Group 4: Shrunken Ned - Quote and Photo Mats

Let me think about group 1...

LOL Hope, nope you sure don't. Im gonna work on mine when ya'll come over on the 3rd ;)

It's a machine in the Adventureland Bazaar. A shrunken head named Ned. Give him a quarter and he will "diagnose" you. A card spits out at the bottom. My husband stops there multiple times every trip. There is a similar machine in the Emporium, Esmerelda the Fortune Teller. And a Pirate fortune teller named Fortune Red in the shop at the exit of Pirates.

hopemax said:
It's a machine in the Adventureland Bazaar. A shrunken head named Ned. Give him a quarter and he will "diagnose" you. A card spits out at the bottom. My husband stops there multiple times every trip. There is a similar machine in the Emporium, Esmerelda the Fortune Teller. And a Pirate fortune teller named Fortune Red in the shop at the exit of Pirates.

Hmm, I didn't know that either :) I look forward to seeing what you create with that. I am sure it will be amazing. I know I'm gonna have to hit DL up here soon so I can go get a couple things I'm gonna need for my *elements*

Whoops, Esmerelda is in the Penny Arcade at Disneyland (she is in the Emporium in VMK!)

geez you people...

I do *not* need more swaps to do...

Alas-

Group 1-

Dedication- Lyric/Poem and Im gonna cheat with eyelets/fiber

Group 2

DCA- Library Pocket/Tag and Eyelets and Fiber

I think thats it for now...

-em

Okay, I have the rest of my ideas:

Group 2
Disney at night
Poem/song lyric
2 photo mats

Group 4
Monsters, Inc (the ride) If I can't do the ride in group 4, then I'll do a general Hollywood Pictures Backlot.
Topper
Journal boxes

Thanks!

I am hoping we get more interest for this. :( I figured this would be a good swap topic but maybe I was wrong.

I wonder if I should make a couple groups of just generic disney something that can be used in both WDW and DL. Any thoughts?

Maybe just make it a general Disney swap that can be used for any Disney thing? But keep one group for Disneyland alone (because I need stuff for the 50th ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter