• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

General DISNEY Swap Sign-ups CLOSED

Sounds good to me, I will leave everyone with what they have down unless they want to change it and open it up to Generic Disney. With one Group Specific to the 50th :)

The Disneyland topper I am going to do, is really DL specific...but it could also be considered a paper piecing, so why don't you move my Group 2 stuff to the DL 50th group, and call it paper piecing & journal boxes.

My group 3 stuff, being Alice should still work, but it will be for characters instead of the ride, but I had a great idea for borders so switch me from paper piecing to borders.

In Group 4, I thought I would have to change since Shrunken Ned isn't at WDW. BUT!!!! The remote control boats in the MK are called "Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats" so I am good there. :)

Fantastic! I shall move you around :0 hopefully we will get a few more ladies to join us :)

Okay, leave me the same in the 50th group and Disney at Night.
The other two, I'll think about to make them more general. But leave me in both groups, K?

Okay, I think I have my ideas now.

Group 3 General Character Meals tags/journal boxes

Group 4 Monsters, Inc. characters squares/journal boxes

If you end up making only three groups total, I'll give up the character meals. I have ideas for the rest that I'd love to do!

Thanks for hosting!

Ok you've twisted my arm.

In group 2 I'll do Small World song and topper
In group 3 Wishes topper and tag/box
In group 4 Parades topper and tag box

Thanks

fanofthemouse said:
Ok you've twisted my arm.

In group 2 I'll do Small World song and topper
In group 3 Wishes topper and tag/box
In group 4 Parades topper and tag box

Thanks

What's WISHES?

I am VERY interested in this swap, but I don't really understand LOL. Do I need to sign up for each group and what are the themes for each groups, besides the 50th? Might be fun to have a small swap if no one else is interested. Count me in and I will pick my choices as soon I hear back from you. LOL Sorry to be so dense!

Nope you don't have to sign up for each group. i just made 4 groups so if others wanted to do more they could. The only group that is Really specific is the 50th group. The other 3 groups are generic and can be anything. If you can sign up for 1 or 4 or pick the group with what you like the best.

Wishes is the fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom in WDW. I remember you are a DL person, they also use the Wishes song in Remember...Dreams Come True so it could still work for Disneylanders.

Is this one DISNEYLAND theme only?

We never done Disneyland, so I don't know :confused3 But I'll like to join if I can make rides or other Disney theme elements.

Another question before I make my decision on WHAT I am making (LOL):

I recently found letteringdelights.com and they have Journaling Delights which would be PERFECT for some Disney pages. My question is, would it be ok to use them for a border, or a tag, or whatever, as long as I mat it onto another piece of paper (which would make it double matted)?
Thanks for your help! Might be best if someone actually LOOKED at the site so they can make a good, educated decision. I would REALLY hate to participate in this swap and think I am doing great and then it be something everyone hated. Thanks for your time!
I am especially looking at the Journaling Delights of:
Headstones (Haunted Mansion)
Lil' Partner (Woody)

Thanks again!

Pixie,

originally I was doing just a disneyland swap only, but due to lack of participation I opened it up to GENERAL DISNEY. It can be anything as long as it can be used for either park. The only gorup that is specific to Disneyland is group one which is focusing on the 50th celebration. The other three groups are open for anything.

potterphreak,

As long as you do your best then that is all we can ask :) everyone has a differant level of scrapping.

"would it be ok to use them for a border, or a tag, or whatever, as long as I mat it onto another piece of paper (which would make it double matted)?"

I personally don't see a problem with this as long as they are double matted. i did check out the site and everything looks pretty interesting :) I say go for it.

Kat,
thanks a bazillion! LOL Now I actually have to decide, don't I?! That's always the hardest part for me. :rolleyes: Will post today, as soon as I figure it out.....

LOL Thanks again!

Hi Kat -- I would like to sign up my DD for this swap (I will be helping her make all the items) she is Tink93 and wants to do boarders and journaling boxes theme will be Mickey!
Let me know if this is ok.. Thanks MIchelle

bigsis1970,

Great she is welcome to join :) which group would she prefer to be in?

Oh right, I'll join now. I'll be right back to pick my elements.

Group 2

=Fantasyland, Princesses, etc==

Eyelets/brads/buttons/charms AND fiber/ribbon - (8 per person AND 1 yard)

Group 3

==Peter Pan==

4 Embellished squares - (double matted) 4 per person

Group 4

=== Toy Story ====

1 Matted Poem or song Lyric

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter