George Zimmerman is in police custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to testimony at the bail hearing, Zimmerman told police Martin put his hands over Zimmerman's mouth. It is at that point he says he was able to get his gun and shoot. There was no DNA from Zimmerman found on Martin's hands or sleeves.
Did they even look for DNA on his hands and sleeves? Not that it matters. Two things are perfectly clear. A physical altercation took place between these two men and it was raining. The presence or absense of DNA on Martin's hands or sleeve would neither prove nor disprove the account.

Was he calm when he opened his truck door and ran after TM? While I can't deny that TM 'fit the description' of recent criminals found to be involved in robberies I think following a kid because you think he might be a criminal is obviously dangerous. If he 'FTD' - it is what it is.
I think that you are making more out of the issue than there is. Zimmerman found him to suspicious and he explained why on his call to the police.
AND most importantly Z was wrong, TM wasn't one of those boys. He didn't even live in Sanford.
Huh? He wasn't wrong, at all. He called the police because he observed someone who, to him, seemed suspicious. There is no right or wrong to that. It is just fact.

If someone comments that they like a particular car, they are not right or wrong. It could be a Prius and they would still be perfectly correct in liking it.

Further, the mere fact that Martin was from Miami Gardens and not Sanford does not amke his actions less suspicious.
Most reasonable people would have called the police under the circumstances. Most reasonable people would not chase the individual after they call the police...
Following someone while on the phone with the police and chasing them after you called the police are not exactly the same thing. While you are obviously carefully choosing your words to color the situation to fit your narrative, you are doing yourself and the thread a disservice.
... and continue to pursue even after they lost them.
That's your narrative speaking. There is no evidence that he ever 'pursued' Martin. Also, the facts of the case suggest that he stopped following Martin after the twenty seconds and did not actively search him out.
All of this was done while carrying a loaded 9mm gun.
I still fail to see how the legally concealed handgun plays into it, at all. He had a CWP. Like most CWP holdsers, he no doubt had his weapon whenever legally allowed. The fact that he had his weapon when he got out of the car is no more nefarious than his having it when he was at the store.
The only suspect that was caught in the Robberies was in JANUARY 2012. They were the FIRST and only reported individuals caught. So this description would have been in effort for a month. It is that January Robbery they found only 1 boy which had the laptops stolen a few days before - and yes he was black. Two weeks later Z reports seeing suspicious black males looking into empty homes. They were gone when cops arrived. Two weeks after that call - TM was walking from 7-11 with his candy and tea.
Again, I fail to see you point. I get that you are trying to paint him as racist because he made a few calls in the previous year about suspicious youths who were black, but the mere fact that they were black doesn't mean that he was suspicious of them BECAUSE they were black.

It should further be noted that at the start of his call to the police, Zimmerman didn't apparently even know that Martin was black. The operator asked him if the suspect was white, black, or hispanic. He replied that he 'looks black'. When Martin approached his vehicle, he was able to get a good view of him and he clarified his answer.

Did they even look for DNA on his hands and sleeves? Not that it matters. Two things are perfectly clear. A physical altercation took place between these two men and it was raining. The presence or absense of DNA on Martin's hands or sleeve would neither prove nor disprove the account.

I think that you are making more out of the issue than there is. Zimmerman found him to suspicious and he explained why on his call to the police.
Huh? He wasn't wrong, at all. He called the police because he observed someone who, to him, seemed suspicious. There is no right or wrong to that. It is just fact.

If someone comments that they like a particular car, they are not right or wrong. It could be a Prius and they would still be perfectly correct in liking it.

Further, the mere fact that Martin was from Miami Gardens and not Sanford does not amke his actions less suspicious.
Following someone while on the phone with the police and chasing them after you called the police are not exactly the same thing. While you are obviously carefully choosing your words to color the situation to fit your narrative, you are doing yourself and the thread a disservice.
That's your narrative speaking. There is no evidence that he ever 'pursued' Martin. Also, the facts of the case suggest that he stopped following Martin after the twenty seconds and did not actively search him out.
I still fail to see how the legally concealed handgun plays into it, at all. He had a CWP. Like most CWP holdsers, he no doubt had his weapon whenever legally allowed. The fact that he had his weapon when he got out of the car is no more nefarious than his having it when he was at the store.
Again, I fail to see you point. I get that you are trying to paint him as racist because he made a few calls in the previous year about suspicious youths who were black, but the mere fact that they were black doesn't mean that he was suspicious of them BECAUSE they were black.

It should further be noted that at the start of his call to the police, Zimmerman didn't apparently even know that Martin was black. The operator asked him if the suspect was white, black, or hispanic. He replied that he 'looks black'. When Martin approached his vehicle, he was able to get a good view of him and he clarified his answer.

His sleeve were tested separately from the the rest of the shirt and hoodie. No blood was found. That could go a long way in proving Zimmerman's account is not true.

If Zimmerman didn't initially known Martin was black then the argument that he felt Martin was suspicious because he fit the description of the people breaking into homes doesn't make sense.

I have no desire to pick apart your post - I've played this cat and mouse game with you too many times. Regardless if you believe or NOT that Zimmerman continued to pursue TM, one thing is VERY clear. He didn't return to his truck AFTER hanging up with police dispatchers. He hung around for at least 2 minutes.

He only had one small abrasion on one knuckle on his left hand. That hardly is consistent with the beating Zimmerman described.
How much damage to Martin's hand would you expect? It only takes one punch to break a nose, after all.

To expect much more damage to Martin's hands suggests to me that you don't have much experience with fights, not that that's necessarily a bad thing. You can get into a fairly good slugfest and not have much damage to your hands.

If Zimmerman didn't initially known Martin was black then the argument that he felt Martin was suspicious because he fit the description of the people breaking into homes doesn't make sense.
In the call to the police, Zimmerman didn't talk about Martin fitting any description. He merely told them that they had been having breakins and that this guy's behavior was suspicious.

Regardless if you believe or NOT that Zimmerman continued to pursue TM, one thing is VERY clear. He didn't return to his truck AFTER hanging up with police dispatchers. He hung around for at least 2 minutes.
Three other things are also VERY clear:

1. Two minutes remains a very small amount of time.
  2. Zimmerman wasn't required to vacate the area and never said that his intentions were to do so.
  3. The final confrontation happened in a general location that a) Martin is known to have run away from four minutes prior by your timeline and b) Zimmerman is believed to have been when he stopped following Martin four minutes prior, by your timeline. Martin had to have returned to a location where Zimmerman was known to be in order for the confrontation to have taken place.

So, according to you, if Martin was not black, then he wouldn't fit the description, thus wouldn't be suspicious, BUT if he WAS black then he fits the description and Zimmerman would be guilty of racially profiling him.

Catch 22?

So, according to you, if Martin was not black, then he wouldn't fit the description, thus wouldn't be suspicious, BUT if he WAS black then he fits the description and Zimmerman would be guilty of racially profiling him.

Catch 22?

No, I didn't mention racial profiling. I'm saying if Zimmerman called because Martin fit the description then its reasonable to say he knew Martin was black when he called.

If Zimmerman didn't know Martin was black when he called (as the previous poster said), how can it be argued that he was suspicious of Martin because he fit the description of the people breaking into homes?

No, I didn't mention racial profiling. I'm saying if Zimmerman called because Martin fit the description then its reasonable to say he knew Martin was black when he called.

If Zimmerman didn't know Martin was black when he called (as the previous poster said), how can it be argued that he was suspicious of Martin because he fit the description of the people breaking into homes?

I agree Zimmerman can't have it both ways. That's why I believe Z will have no choice but to say he targeted (call police) TM because he 'looked' black and fit the description - possibly racial profiling (which is considered illegal – and can turn into a hate crime).

Do you think Zimmerman is going to testify at trial?

I agree Zimmerman can't have it both ways. That's why I believe Z will have no choice but to say he targeted (call police) TM because he 'looked' black and fit the description - possibly racial profiling (which is considered illegal – and can turn into a hate crime).
I can't find anything that states that Zimmerman called the police because Martin fit any specific description. Per the police call, he called because Martin was ACTING suspiciously.

Three other things are also VERY clear:

1. Two minutes remains a very small amount of time.
  2. Zimmerman wasn't required to vacate the area and never said that his intentions were to do so.
  3. The final confrontation happened in a general location that a) Martin is known to have run away from four minutes prior by your timeline and b) Zimmerman is believed to have been when he stopped following Martin four minutes prior, by your timeline. Martin had to have returned to a location where Zimmerman was known to be in order for the confrontation to have taken place.

In the police reports that were released (page 26), it was stated Trayvon was running in the direction of his father's gf house. It just raises the question of why he didn't continue going.

In the police reports that were released (page 26), it was stated Trayvon was running in the direction of his father's gf house. It just raises the question of why he didn't continue going.

Because he didn't that creep who was following him to know where he lived ?

Not only why he didn't continue on to the apartment, but why he actually returned to a location that he had previously been and that he knew Zimmerman was last seen.

Not only why he didn't continue on to the apartment, but why he actually returned to a location that he had previously been and that he knew Zimmerman was last seen.

Refresh my memory, because I really have not studied the details that closely. How do we know TM knew where GZwas?

You are going on the assumption that Zimmerman stayed put when he got off the phone. There is a witness who claims to have seen some type of chase or someone running down the path. There's also a witness or maybe its the two roommates, who say the altercation started further down the path (at least five houses further).

Refresh my memory, because I really have not studied the details that closely. How do we know TM knew where GZwas?
If you believe that Martin knew that Zimmerman was following him at the time that he hurried along the E-W sidewalk and ran down the N-S sidewalk, then he must have known that Zimmerman was in the general area of the top of the N-S sidewalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter