George Zimmerman is in police custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are going on the assumption that Zimmerman stayed put when he got off the phone.
No. My assumption is that Zimmerman likely didn't wander far from the general area that he was believed to be at the end of the phone call in order to place him at the scene of the altercation.

Martin was known to have left this general area, Zimmerman was not. It certainly does not make sense for them to have both left this area and returned to have the altercation. (simplest theories tending to be more correct and all.)
There is a witness who claims to have seen some type of chase or someone running down the path.
As I understand it, the 'chase' witness has recanted. She is aparently only sure that she saw one person running. That could have been Martin running down the N-S sidewalk as reported in Zimmerman's call.
There's also a witness or maybe its the two roommates, who say the altercation started further down the path (at least five houses further).
There are no houses. These are apartments or condos. Five doors down from the final location still places the initial altercation next to the first building and toward the north end of the sidewalk.

As I understand it, the 'chase' witness has recanted. She is aparently only sure that she saw one person running. That could have been Martin running down the N-S sidewalk as reported in Zimmerman's call.

There are no houses. These are apartments or condos. Five doors down from the final location still places the initial altercation next to the first building and toward the north end of the sidewalk.

This is true. Here's a picture from the crime scene showing Trayvon's body placement.

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/u-s--s...012-photo-released-state-photo-035830823.html

Notice the crime scene tape too...Jesse Jackson was preaching "they didn't even bother to put yellow tape around the murder scene when he died—that's how much the police did to find out what happened to this young boy."

More crime scene photos:

http://www.wesh.com/r-slideshow/31079394/detail.html

The black dots are where Trayvon's body was located.

Do you think Zimmerman is going to testify at trial?
If he wishes to claim self defense, he will have to testify. Without his testimony, we only have a dead teen at Zimmerman's hands. He would go to prison for a very long time.

It really comes down to whether or not the jury believes him, IMO.

Because he didn't that creep who was following him to know where he lived ?

If, I was only 200 feet from home? I run to my house, lock the door and call the police. If possible, I would take note of the license plate (number). My opinion, TM's actions do not make sense. It appears, he was attempting to evade GZ, not get to safety.

I don't think so. A good attorney will blow away the prosecution with the actual and the circumstantial evidence.

The actual evidence is that Zimmerman pulled the trigger, and Martin is dead of the resultant gunshot wound. Zimmerman's scratches and black eyes are meaningless without testimony.

If he wishes to claim self defense, he will have to testify. Without his testimony, we only have a dead teen at Zimmerman's hands. He would go to prison for a very long time.

It really comes down to whether or not the jury believes him, IMO.

The possibility of self-defense will come in when the police testify.

"Investigator Serino, why did you instruct Investigator Singleton to remove the handcuffs?"
"The shooting appeared to be in self-defense."

The headphones being in his pocket and phone being on the ground make more sense if he was talking on the actual phone when the altercation happened.
The on duty Supervisor, Stacie McCoy noted that the headphones were 'in close proximity' to the body, not in his pocket.

We shall see.

He will get on that stand. A kid is dead, any reasonable juror (who has not been following along with every new detail, studying maps, frequenting websites that are either for or against GZ, arguing on an internet board, etc.)is going to want to hear GZ say he was in fear of his life. That's just human nature.

He will get on that stand. A kid is dead, any reasonable juror (who has not been following along with every new detail, studying maps, frequenting websites that are either for or against GZ, arguing on an internet board, etc.)is going to want to hear GZ say he was in fear of his life. That's just human nature.

You make lots of posts as if you are a legal professional. Then you make posts like that one that suggest otherwise. You are a conundrum, my friend.

You make lots of posts as if you are a legal professional. Then you make posts like that one that suggest otherwise. You are a conundrum, my friend.

I'm just like every other poster on the Dis. I do know, however, that the law is an extremely nuanced art, and one can't always find all the answers by doing a Google search or watching Law and Order.

I'm just like every other poster on the Dis. I do know, however, that the law is an extremely nuanced art, and one can't always find all the answers by doing a Google search or watching Law and Order.

and yet, you have loads of opinions on it, just like the rest of us.

If, I was only 200 feet from home? I run to my house, lock the door and call the police. If possible, I would take note of the license plate (number). My opinion, TM's actions do not make sense. It appears, he was attempting to evade GZ, not get to safety.

His actions don't make sense based on the idea that Zimmerman stopped following/looking for him. It doesn't make sense that Zimmerman was on that path either. Why was he there if he stopped following and was returning to his car?

Everybody's an expert on the internet. All one has to do is be completely certain.
Moreover, everyone seems to take themselves and the issues way too seriously on the internet. I guess that being too stubborn in real life creates issues, so we log onto the internet to act like - donkeys. ;)

Everybody's an expert on the internet. All one has to do is be completely certain.

Yep, just like I said, I'm just like every other poster here. I am certain about somethings, just based on life experience.

I will bet you a disboard gloat sometime in the future that if this goes to trial GZ will take the stand and his father, will not be allowed to testify to what GZ's state of mind was at the time he pulled the trigger.

We on?

His actions don't make sense based on the idea that Zimmerman stopped following/looking for him. It doesn't make sense that Zimmerman was on that path either. Why was he there if he stopped following and was returning to his car?

This is a supposition that might make sense:

Martin goes between buildings and turns right.
Zimmerman goes between buildings farther down and turns left to go back to his truck:
maybe.jpg

Please excuse the artwork. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter