Geriatric mm warriors (12/30/09)

Cindy - the web site still appears to be up - http://jorgecruise.com/storage/Week_2_FTchallenge.pdf

Here is another site I found where he is explaining why no grains. He has done quite a reverse from his current book. It is very similar to the new Atkins book that came out a little while ago. They are advocating lots of veggies, too.

http://jorgecruise.com/storage/FAST_TRACK.pdf

This book is supposed to be out by the end of the year. I do like some of his ideas in his current book and I now look at the sugar content of everything I buy. I Googled Jorge Cruise Fast Track to get the info. It was on the Facebook site for a bit apparently, but then removed.

I just got a copy of Taubes’ Good Calories - Bad Calories from the library. Sugar is definitely the culprit according to him.

Lisa - congratulations on the weight loss. We have been eating out a lot - not good. I think we will be home a bit more now so can go back to knowing what is in my food.

My getting rid of clutter became a major project!! I emptied out my desk today. I had files in there that I don’t think I have looked at since we moved from CA and that was 11 years ago!! The paper shredder has been working overtime. I also saw where I had gotten down to 146 pounds at the time we lost our son. I was working out with a trainer 4 times a week, too. I would just like to get to 155 or 160 now - I guess it is doable, but I have added a few years to my age!!!

Salvation Army came today and picked up a lot of furniture. We have been having fun with our re-do of the living room and den.

Have a great Thursday

Hugs to ALL:grouphug:

Jocelyn: Getting rid of weight and clutter are related in a spiritual sense. You're getting rid of baggage and making room for good to come into your life. I, on a smaller scale, am making room for new earrings, as I reorganized mine today into new jewelry organizers, lol! I love organizing and container shops! Long evening stretches ahead alone for me tonight so I'm doing little clean up tasks to keep busy. It's windy, or I would go outside. We're having a late start to Spring, but the lake is really full of nice new water so we'll have a good summer.

Have a nice night all! I heard from Kate. Can you believe Chloe is already finishing up her first year of college. We've all survived a lot this past year together. I hope we stay in touch.
:grouphug:

Good morning everyone. It is raining and dreary here today. But the temps are nice, it's to be about 72*. Maybe a thunderstorm, so I may get to sit on the patio and watch it. I love to hear the rain and even thunder. It is so relaxing. I need to get myself one of those water fall things for in the house. Eventually I'd love to have one outside also.
I want to thank you all for the prayers. Mike passed his CDL test yesterday. So he now has his permit. He needs to get a new birth certificate as his is so old and torn. He also needs to get finger printed as he passed the HAZMAT portion also. So he will be licensed to haul HAZMAT loads if he wants.
Not much going on today. Just having a down day with nothing really planned. May go to Monroeville today or tomorrow. I need to go to Sam's club for my allergy meds so I'll take Tyson and Bailey to the pet stores. Bailey hasn't been in one, so this will be a new experience LOL.

Lisa, 7 pounds are awesome. I need to get back on track. I am thinking Monday will be the day. I had to wait till payday so I can shop. Not sure if I'll do step 1 or do my own version with some fruits. I need to make sure I eat to heal my adrenal glands. I have been so hungry to grapefruits, cantelope, watermelon, summer fruits I guess. I had some cantelope the other day and it was sooo juicy and sweet.

Have a great day everyone! I'll check back later
:thumbsup2

Good morning!
Kathy - Congratulations to Mike! That is so wonderful.

Nothing new here. The weather is going to be cooler this weekend, with a little rain tomorrow. I have been walking for an hour every day at the environmental center. The carbohydrate addict's diet is great and I'm finding it very easy so far.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Congrats to Mike!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We had another hot tub early this am. My face can stand the heat again for awhile. I've taped two weeks of Biggest Loser to watch on my treadmill. It's pretty motivating and passes the time. I still can't do an incline, but at least I can walk without too much trouble.

I have to (get to!) show a few houses this afternoon to a family from out of town. They don't know where they want to live, so I run all over for them. Nice family, though. I hope we find 'the one' today!

Shrimp on the barbie tonight, I think. I have a couple of marinade recipes from Martha and Sunset mag to try out.

Have a great day, everyone!

Hi All my MM's!!!!! :grouphug:

First I have to say: I hope you are drinking your water and exercising!!!

I have missed you all bunches!!!! I hope you are all sticking to you MM! I hope to get updates on how many pounds you are down.

I was down 25 but have had 5 creep back on due to the enormous amount of stress I am under. My mom passed away on May 15th and I have a heart ache like never before. I miss her so much!!!!!!!! I know she isn't suffering anymore and she is with the angels :littleangel: but I just can't believe she is really gone and I won't be able to talk to her or hear her voice anymore. So today so far I have stuck to phase 1 and I will be teaching a zumba class tonight. When I get home is when I am getting into trouble and I fall off the wagon. Hopefully my MM family can help me get back on track!

Love to you all,
Zumba Laura

Dearest Laura,

My heart is broken at the news of your Mother's passing. I am so very sorry you had to experience this loss. She is looking over you now and I hope you receive some comfort from your memories and her forever presence in your heart. We are here for you! :grouphug:

Robin wanted you all to know she's home sick with terrible sinus infection and hasn't been able to post from home. She met with her doctor and has the best test results in 4 years! She hasn't gained any and has decided to stay on MM and to make it to the gym more often than she has since Dennis passed away. Let's all pray for Robin to recover and for Laura to feel peace and comfort through God's grace after her terrible loss.

Love to all!
Lisa

Dear Laura,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I had mine for almost 90 years and we always lived fairly close so were able to be together a lot. They are such special people. I know how much you will miss her, but she will always be with you in spirit.

Robin - if you are reading this - congratulations on the great numbers. Sorry you are ill. I have had a funny chest thing with a cough, but not enough to get me down.

Another beautiful day here. I have another class for my new computer to go to this afternoon about organizing my pictures. I always seem to learn something new each time I go.

Cindy - the web site still appears to be up - http://jorgecruise.com/storage/Week_2_FTchallenge.pdf

Here is another site I found where he is explaining why no grains. He has done quite a reverse from his current book. It is very similar to the new Atkins book that came out a little while ago. They are advocating lots of veggies, too.

http://jorgecruise.com/storage/FAST_TRACK.pdf

This book is supposed to be out by the end of the year. I do like some of his ideas in his current book and I now look at the sugar content of everything I buy. I Googled Jorge Cruise Fast Track to get the info. It was on the Facebook site for a bit apparently, but then removed.

I just got a copy of Taubes’ Good Calories - Bad Calories from the library. Sugar is definitely the culprit according to him.

Lisa - congratulations on the weight loss. We have been eating out a lot - not good. I think we will be home a bit more now so can go back to knowing what is in my food.

My getting rid of clutter became a major project!! I emptied out my desk today. I had files in there that I don’t think I have looked at since we moved from CA and that was 11 years ago!! The paper shredder has been working overtime. I also saw where I had gotten down to 146 pounds at the time we lost our son. I was working out with a trainer 4 times a week, too. I would just like to get to 155 or 160 now - I guess it is doable, but I have added a few years to my age!!!

Salvation Army came today and picked up a lot of furniture. We have been having fun with our re-do of the living room and den.

Have a great Thursday

YAY!! Thank you Jocelyn MUAH!

Laura, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and your family.

Robin had to get new medicine yesterday. She still has no voice at all so she's stuck at home. Let's all send her good thoughts and well wishes!

Laura, I'm getting on my treadmill with my water bottle!:banana:

It's going to rain for the next 3 days. We've never had such a wet May as far as I can remember. It's crazy, but supposed to warm up for Memorial Day weekend at least.

Robin had to get new medicine yesterday. She still has no voice at all so she's stuck at home. Let's all send her good thoughts and well wishes!

Laura, I'm getting on my treadmill with my water bottle!:banana:

It's going to rain for the next 3 days. We've never had such a wet May as far as I can remember. It's crazy, but supposed to warm up for Memorial Day weekend at least.

LIsa, Good job getting on the treadmill and with your water; you did turn it on? :laughing: HAHAHA :rotfl:

Dear Laura,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I had mine for almost 90 years and we always lived fairly close so were able to be together a lot. They are such special people. I know how much you will miss her, but she will always be with you in spirit.

Robin - if you are reading this - congratulations on the great numbers. Sorry you are ill. I have had a funny chest thing with a cough, but not enough to get me down.

Another beautiful day here. I have another class for my new computer to go to this afternoon about organizing my pictures. I always seem to learn something new each time I go.

Thanks Joshlyn!

LIsa, Good job getting on the treadmill and with your water; you did turn it on? :laughing: HAHAHA :rotfl:

That was good for my morning laugh, Laura.

Sorry you are still having rain, Lisa. I can remember several camping trips over Memorial Weekend where we got a lot of rain. Maybe it will be out of its system by this weekend. Just think of all the water California will have. I know they need it.

Another beautiful, sunny day here, but quite windy. It is still an outside kind of day.

Robin - hope you get to feeling better soon. If you want to post, send one of us a note and we can paste it onto the board for everyone to see. I think you said you could read the posts, just not post yourself from home. :hug:

Have a great day everyone.:flower3:

Laura's baaaack! That was so funny about the treadmill! Yes, I turned it on, lol! I watched last week's Biggest Loser while I walked. I feel so sorry for the ones that have gained weight back. Our journey has been fairly slow, but we're all making progress and not being silly risking our health, so that's what counts.

I want to get some of those rockin' tennis shoes from New Balance. They work some of your leg and core muscles while you walk. I need new shoes anyway so what the heck, may as well give it a try.:)

I'm going for a facial on this rainy afternoon. Nice and cozy except for the drive home from downtown. At least I don't commute regularly so it doesn't fry my nerves too much. I'll pick some good music and try to stay in the zen of driving.;)

Jocelyn, it's supposed to be near 80 for Memorial Day so maybe we'll shake off this rain. It sure is nice to see Folsom Lake 95% full. Shasta has had to let water out. And the snow hasn't even started to melt in the Sierras yet so we're in for a great summer.

Love to all!

Hi guys. Been trying to post for the last couple days, and Disboards wasn't cooperating. UGGGG
Laura, I am so sorry about your mom. I am saying prayers for you and your family. I wish I were there to give you the hugs you need and some laughter too.
It is so nice to see you back. We have missed you.

Lisa, I hope you enjoyed your facial. I had a few and they feel so good!

Memorial weekend is a little ruined for me this year. We usually spend 1 day at camp with everyone and take the dogs. Mike has to do his CDL training that weekend. I know that is more important, so I'll try to not mope too much. I just hope he doesn't have to next Sunday as we have tickets to go to the amusement park. We usually spend the day at the water park side and it's really nice. But like I said, I know that his training is more important. Time for my big girl pants LOL.

I hope Robin feels better soon. I can only imagine how horrible she feels. Sending some love and healing vibes her way.

Off to get Mike up and pack his lunch. I'll catch you all later!!

Good Morning Everyone from a sunny day in Hawaii!!

Lisa - I have worn the MBT shoes for several years now and just love them. They do feel like you are working extra muscles as you walk. I know Dr. Oz pooh poohs them for the cost, but I do like them. Sketchers has also come out with them. I didn't realize NB now has them. I get mine on-line so the cost does not compare to the stores. You do need to try them on to get an idea how you like them and for sizes.

Went to friends for dinner last night - she is from Thailand and she made Thai food - really yummy, but not carb free! It doesn't seem to take much to put back a few pounds. I seem to be losing and gaining the same ones - ugh!!

I started reading Gary Taubes Good Calories - Bad Calories book. It is a bit dry to read, to say the least. The jist of it is to avoid sugar. The low fat, high grain diet (the food pyramid) is not going to help us lose weight. At least all the current diet "guru's" are against sugar and empty carbs. Now the trick is to be able to follow those guide lines all the time:thumbsup2

Good luck to Mike on all his classes, Kathy. I'm sure he must be delighted to have something to do again.

Have a lovely day:grouphug:

Jocelyn: I thought I would try the shoes in stores and then look on Zappos. Oprah bought them for a group of ladies that came to town and did a lot of walking. They are in a sort of fitness group.

Kathy: You do have your priorities straight, lol! Good luck to Mike with his training.

Speaking of training, Nell got into nursing school, which I saw on FB. Let's email her and shame her into being with us again, lol! I'm really happy for her; it will change her life and the lives of countless others for her to join the healing arts.

Sending healing vibes to Robin and love to Laura.:cloud9:

Came home for a quick lunch so toodles!

It is hot today!! 96* ! I hate it when it gets like this. Luckily it's going to cool down tonight and for the next week too. I went for a walk early before it got too hot, but I was still sweating by the time I got home.

Lisa - I'll be interested in what you think about those shoes. They're different than the the MBT's and Sketchers, if I understand it correctly. They're the ones with balance pods on the bottom, right?

Robin - I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.

Jocelyn - I think even a cold day in Hawaii would be great. Enjoy your nice weather!

Kathy - I know it stinks that your plans will be different this year, but it will be so much better in the long run. :thumbsup2

Please keep my brother in your prayers. He was diagnosed with atrial fibrulation (sp?). He was getting a pre-surgery screening because he had blood in his urine again. (He went to a new oncologist for his bladder cancer.) His heart rate went up to 165. They admitted him to the hospital overnight. He was discharged and given a heart rate monitor to wear. While he was at work on Saturday the dr.'s office called and said to go to the nearest ER because his heart rate was 150. He was in the hosp. for 3 days. I don't know what kind of treatment he's going to need. Please pray for him. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter