Geriatric mm warriors (12/30/09)

Diane: I'm so very sorry to hear your brother is ill. It sounds like it was a blessing in disguise to see the blood because it got him to the doctor. My Mom has had bladder cancer also this past year. It returned once after surgery and treatment, but the last time she was checked it had not returned. She's getting the 'chemo' that is especially for the bladder and is made from TB, which is so weird how they figured out it works. Evidently, it works very well. I hope your brother recovers well soon from both of his challenges. I will pray for him. :littleangel:

Good morning everyone. It has been really warm here the last couple days. Today is to be around 86 or 88! Maybe a storm later. I just can't take the high heat and humidity. I get physically ill when I get too hot. I get bad headaches and shakiness and just don't feel good. It is almost like a huge migraine gone bad. I usually drink lots of cool water and just try to sleep it off.

Been feeling pretty good the last few days. It's almost scary. Just having some depression problems, but nothing I can't handle.

Diane, I will keep your brother in my prayers. Seems as though everyone gets cancer anymore. It is really scary. I hope they are able to get his heart rate down and get things taken care of.

Thanks for the warm wishes for Mike's training. He had to drive the truck yesterday. He said it is so much different than driving a regular car or truck that is a standard. The truck he is driving has 10 speeds. I could hardly drive a car with 5 speeds LOL. He tried for 3 hours to back it up, but still was unable to get it where it needed to be. I can only imagine how hard that would be with a trailer on the back.

Off to get ready for work. Hope you all have a great day!! Love you all!!!

Hi Ladies, Just checking in quickly to say hello....back at work after 8 days out sick...OMG this is the worst case of bronchitis/sinus/laryngitis I have ever had...made it through the entire winter without getting sick, then it kicks my butt in May! I still have no voice, but I finally convinced them to give me something to do that didnt involve talking on the phone, so here I am, helping out our policy processing team and working day shift for a couple days....kinda nice being off the phones actually

Laura, so glad you are back, and still praying for peace for your heart

Diane - so so sorry about your brother...praying for you and him too

Kathy - WOW, great news for Mike...he will be whipping that big rig around in no time im sure, and it must be so great for him to be working again

Lisa, Jocelyn, Pam, cindy - glad you guys all seem to be doing well...I will definitely have to look in on Jorge and find out what the new deal is all about...I thought his big deal was about getting in 25-30g fiber...so how does that work with no grains? Ah, Pony will just end up all confused again! So what else is new!

I did have great labwork this time around...sugar still continues to be a minor issue, but my cholesterol was amazing...140 overall and my HDL (good) actually went up over 20 points from 6 months ago! WOW that has been a really hard number to move, so she was all impressed. She continues to say my thyroid is totally normal (T4 was.98 right in the middle) so maintains that I just have abused my metabolism for so long it is going to take a ton of exercise to overcome it and get the scale moving again...wonderful, lol, cant wait to feel better now and get back to the gym...I did love it, just havent been regular in a few months...

Off for the next three days for the holiday, then work tuesday and wednesday and then off on the first trip away with the new BF...heading to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee for 4 days...OMG, I forgot what it was like to travel and "shack up" with a guy! Cross your fingers we are still an item after we return, LOL...

Robin - So happy to see your post! I'm glad you're feeling better. Being sick sucks. I'm sure you'll have a great time away with the new BF. Time away after being cooped up in the house will be just what the doctor ordered. Thank you for your prayers for my brother & me. He's back to work today with a heart monitor on.

I'm headed to my sister's for cake :scared1: for her granddaughter's (Jocelyn)7th bday. It's an hour drive, but I don't mind. I was there on Sunday because we were supposed to celebrate then, but Jocelyn was sick. So my sister & I went shopping instead. Tomorrow is my other sister's grandson's first bday. It's a big party at my niece's townhome development's community room. She lives an hour north of me. She's the one who had the preemie last month. Everyone is tired, but doing well. :)

On Monday my sister & I will go to the cemetery to plant flowers at my mom's grave. They don't allow perennials, so we do this every year for the last 17 years. Jocelyn wants to go with us. I don't think she knows what it's all about, but she wants to plant the flowers.

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend! Be safe!:hug:

Tom and I drove around all day looking for the perfect birdbath. How silly I can be on my quests sometimes, lol! At least we had a nice day together with the dog. I have to work tomorrow, but I think he's going to come with me. After that, we're going to a birthday/housewarming for one of my single guy clients 29 yrs. old. His parents will be there and I'm sure, along with them, we will be the oldies in the group. I doubt we'll stay long. We went to Cost Plus and filled an outdoor icebucket with bar-b-que supplies for his gift. It turned out really great. I'm giving his folks a PF Changs dinner gc along with movie tickets for referring him to me. I've had to buy a lot of gifts lately, lol! Oh, and I never found the birdbath.

Robin: Have a wonderful trip! You deserve to get out after that long stint with the illness!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Good morning ladies!!
Robin, so good to see you back. Hmmm, a trip with the boyfriend. I do hope you have separate rooms booked :scared1: LOL. I know you'll have a good time. I would love to go visit my brother in TN. He is between Kingston and Bristol, so about a 6 or 8 hour drive. I have heard the mountains are beautiful.

Lisa, sorry to hear about the bird bath. I do the same thing. I get it in my mind of what I want, but usually what is in my mind isn't what is in the stores LOL.

Diane, ll saing a prayer for him.is back to work. Still saying a prayer for him. I hope you enjoyed the birthday party. My dad has a birthday coming up on 6/11. I usually buy a small cake and take up and Mike and I have cake with mom and dad on their birthdays. Since it's just me and the girls around, we don't really do much for birthdays.

Mike has his training today, so I am headed to Monroeville to do a bit of therapy shopping LOL. I am wanting to go check out Chicos. I know it'll be expensive, but curious LOL. I am also going to hit Marshall's and some other stores. No dogs going with me. I am afraid I can't handle both of them at the same time, and if I take 1 and not the other, that would devastate the one who doesn't go. So, neither one will go. Next time they can.

Have a great day everyone. We are having great weather but a little too humid :( Got to love PA humidity, NOT!!
Later everyone :grouphug:

I finally got a great water workout in this morning. It felt really good, but will probably be sore tomorrow!!

We have had a saga with trying to get a new ceiling fan in the kitchen. We wound up installing 2 different fans - a bit of a chore, but I now have a nice new fan with more light in the area it is in. The blades on the old one were starting to separate due to the moisture in the air. Most of the fans we put in were indoor - outdoor and they are doing fine.

We spent the afternoon returning items we didn't need - not a fun project, but now done. I think we will not attempt anymore re-dos for a bit!!

Diane - so sorry to hear about your brother. We will pray that all goes well for him. My husband has had a-fib, as we call it, for several years now. They stop and re-start his heart each time he goes into a-fib. No one knows what triggers it, either. At the moment he is fine.

Kathy - hope you had fun shopping. Chico has some great clothes and often have some good sales. I use their knit clothes for travel.

I have a large crock pot full of taco meat cooking so we will have salads for the next few days. It is so nice to get the cooking organized in the morning and then just have to cut up lettuce later in the day. I buy the Mexican blend grated cheese at Costco and the salsa so all is done for me!!:)

Robin - hope you are having a great time. How nice that you have found someone to do things with.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend. I know it is a long weekend for some which is nice.

Hugs to ALL:grouphug:

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

Kathy: Chico’s has an online outlet with amazing prices. We have a physical outlet not terribly far from us. It’s great! Good luck! I did find the perfect bird bath the next day in Plymouth (Jocelyn: Amador Flower Farms). Plus we got a rusted post for a gazing ball stand. Tom is such a good sport to go back out with me! He loves our drives in the country and lunch out so we had a fun week combining forages and work for me. I took him with me to show some houses on our way back. He and Bonnie kept each other company. When we bought the post, I also admired a free form heart shaped necklace made of a blue stone. He bought it for me saying, “You have my heart. You might as well have this one.” Awwwww! Too sweet.

Jocelyn: I hope Bob remains well for a very, very long time. We want to get that ceiling fan with the carved banana leaves and light kit for our bonus room, which is done in an ocean theme. It’s my retreat room for exercise, etc. I collect Japanese fishing floats. I bet I could find a lot of them in Hawaii! We’re going to fire up the grill today and make some things for lunches during the week. Turkey burgers and chicken. Last night we had grilled veggies and salmon steaks. I could eat that way every day. It’s so clean and fresh and really much better than what you could get in a restaurant. We’ve decided to eat out less and hire a pool guy, lol!

We’re planning flowers around the new bird bath today. Poor Bonnie used to drink out of the other one, which was shorter. She had to get in the pool last night for a drink, so we have to teach her to drink out of a bowl in the backyard. She loved that old birdbath, lol!

Love to you all and enjoy the long weekend!:grouphug:

YES! FINALLY WORKING AGAIN! I guess I just left it alone long enough and maybe it started to feel sorry for me, :lmao: Dont know why I decided to give it a shot this morning, and here I am!

Hope you ladies are having a great Memorial Day, I am off to do some clothes shopping...yuk, but I need a few things to go away with Jim this weekend, so heres hoping Ross or Cato might have a few interesting things...I HATE clothes shopping!:scared1:

Kathy - lol, Jim actually booked a gorgeous chalet there in Pigeon forge, so it sleeps like 10, has two bedrooms, lofts, etc...indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, pool table, air hockey, wrap around deck, all vaulted ceilings and natural wood inside...he sent me some pictures and it looks absolutely beautiful...mountain views and only a couple miles from downtown Pigeon Forge and also Gatlinburg...so Im pretty excited! Since I am just now starting to feel better, we have decided to just take one day at a time, and only do what I feel up to...he is so sweet and we are really just interested in spending some quality time together to get to know each other better....we have been dating about 3 months now, and we dont live too close, so have spent more time on the phone than anything...so this time will be really great for us.

Lisa - the perfect birdbath can be a difficult quest! My ex actually built one by hollowing out an old stump and then polishing and finishing it inside and piping water to it, so it was constantly running...we had it outside our kitchen window and besides the cool sound of gently running water all the time, it was definitely a favorite hang out for the birds, and the occasional squirrel and chipmunk. After we put some great plants and flowers around it it was kind of cool.

Jocelyn - thanks for the bread recipe! Cant wait to try it...

Diane, Pam, Cindy, everyone...Thinking of you all!:grouphug:

Good morning everyone and happy Memorial day!
Not a whole lot going on here. Went to a memorial service then I have to work for about an hour. Nothing too major. I think I may hit the mall too. Didn't buy much on my shopping trip on Saturday. Got Mike some nice shorts and dog food. That's for the dogs, not Mike.
mao:

Robin, sooo glad your back! The place you described sounds so nice! I know you'll ave fun.

Lisa glad you got your bird feeder. I am actually wanting a gazing ball for out front.

I'll be back later. Off to work now.

Good Morning Everyone:flower3::flower3:

Robin - so glad to see that you can post from home.

I think they did something to the site again as it seems to take longer to download than before, but maybe that is good. It might also be that we have a lot of pages and posts so might need to start a new section. Does anyone know how to do that???? With June just around the corner it might be nice to have a summer Warriors section!

Lisa - glad you found your birdbath. We had one in CA, but it was too tempting for the cats to have birds that close!!

Loewe's has a great banana leaf fan - it was too large for the area where we were replacing the fan and the new one had to be white so it would blend in. It is not an area we want to make a statement in - just more light and new blades.

Looks like it will be a beautiful day here. I am off to the pool shortly and then we will decide what to do with the rest of the day.:yay:

I have eaten very few carbs the past several days and the scale is finally going down. Gary Taubes book is really interesting - he delves into many studies about low carb - no sugar as the way to go. Diane and Jorge are certainly in keeping with studies he quotes. Lisa - your fish and veggies are perfect.

Have a great day everyone and hugs to ALL:grouphug:

Jocelyn: It's the one at Lowe's I've decided upon, lol! Love it. I'll try not to be jealous of your swimming. Our pool isn't warm enough yet but it's nice to sit out in the arbor today. Perfect day for gardening, as it isn't too hot yet. We're going to have lunch outside. I just came in for a quick minute to say Hi again.

Robin: That chalet sounds fantastic! I love places like that as opposed to a hotel or motel. We so enjoyed our casita in Arizona - like a home away from home. I'm ready for another trip, lol!

J-P is coming home for the 4th so we'll stick around and keep ourselves busy til then. My sister and kids are coming home this week for a few days. It's going to conflict with our anniversary so we might wait til Sunday to celebrate. As it turns out, Sunday is 40 years from our first date, so it's an even bigger anniversary than 32 married years.:lovestruc

Hello everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend! It is dreary and rainy out today. We lucked out with no storms yesterday/last night.

Lisa, was it you who was thinking of getting the Sketcher's toning shoes? I was looking at them over the weekend, and talked to quite a few people who actually had them. They said they helped their feet/ankles and back a good bit. And our local news did a small story on them. They interviewed an orthopedic doctor and he said the shoes are just like the orthopedic ones he sells to patients. It was enough for me to decide to spend the money on them. JC Penny has (or had, I need to check today) the New Balance ones on sale for $75. The normal price is $100. Our Bon Ton has the Easy Spirit ones on sale and Easy Spirit also makes ones that are like flip flops. They are I believe on sale for $45. I am thinking of getting those as well. My feet and back hurt pretty bad after a day of walking.

Robin, hope you're still feeling ok. I bet you're getting ready for your weekend away!! I am so excited for you!!

Ok, got to go. If I forgot anyone, please excuse me, and I'm sorry. I'll try to check back later.
Oh, got some shorts and capri's at Penny's yesterday. They were 14s. I just need to buckle down and start step 1 again. There is no doubt it really did work. Just need to get my mind frame back that I did have.

Later everyone!!

Kathy: Are those NB shoes still on sale at Penneys? I should get over there, if so. I've been busy and haven't gone shopping for the shoes yet, but I really want to try them for sure. I'll look today if I get a chance.

I'm thinking I should start Step 1 again too. I never did, lol! I would miss fruit too much for two whole months. Maybe I could do it for a couple of weeks to kick start again??

Have a great day everyone!

Lisa - Earlier I commented on the difference between the different toning sneakers. I was wrong. It's Reebok that has the balance pods, not NB like I said. The others are all a rocker type of sole. I'm interested to see what you think of the NB's.

We just had a mega thunderstorm. It was nice and short!

Lisa - Earlier I commented on the difference between the different toning sneakers. I was wrong. It's Reebok that has the balance pods, not NB like I said. The others are all a rocker type of sole. I'm interested to see what you think of the NB's.

LOL! I'm old enough to remember that Elvin Bishop song about Rock My Soul. I often hear lyrics after someone says something. It's amusing.:rotfl:

I spent the day trying to get Tom's computer repaired and spinning my wheels with my lowest price point client. Phew! Credit challenges, ex-wife, unrealistic expectations. I should be Dr. Phil.

Kathy: Are those NB shoes still on sale at Penneys? I should get over there, if so. I've been busy and haven't gone shopping for the shoes yet, but I really want to try them for sure. I'll look today if I get a chance.

Lisa, I think they are. My local store (small size) doesn't have the NB, but they have the Avia and Reebok ones and they are still on sale. According to their website, the NB are still on sale.
I actually ended up getting the Dr. Scholls ones. They felt just as good as the Avia and they were on sale for 49.99. I wore them all evening, and my feet were a little sore, but when I got up this morning, they weren't hurting at all. That hasn't happened in a long, long time. My back wasn't sore when I got up either. Could be all in my head though too LOL.
I personally don't like the Reebok ones. To me it was like wearing my normal Reebok.
It didn't take too long to get used to them for me either, but then I haven't gone on rock or grass yet either LOL
Happy hunting :lovestruc

I personally didn't really care for the Reebok. You are right, they don't have the rocking motion. I just didn't care for the way they felt. The other ones seemed to have a better fit. That was weird for me, because I always got Reebok shoes :confused3
I am going to buy a pair of the sandals too. The Dr. Scholl ones have a gel bottom and felt really good on the feet. They also have a slight rock to them. Not the prettiest, but felt great! They weren't too bad price wise. I still want to go to Bon Ton and check out the Easy Spirit shoes and Sketchers sandals. But they are more like flip flops. I really don't like the thing between my toes LOL.
Here are the links for the Dr. Scholls:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...oning+shoes&prdNo=23&blockNo=23&blockType=G23

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07659895000P?mv=rr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter