Geriatric mm warriors (12/30/09)

Hello - with a huge time difference now I am never in the right time frame unless I do this as soon as I get up in the AM!!!

Had another great day with minimal carbs.

Made a great Cobb salad for dinner, one of our favorites.

Got my swim in. Hopefully I can do that everyday now. Just 2 months and we are off again on a trip.

Did anyone watch Jillian Michael's new show? Can't say I was thrilled with it.

Hugs to ALL:grouphug:

Good morning everyone. Not much going on here.

Jocelyn, I doubt I'll watch the new show. I really don't care for Jullian. She seems like a bit** in my opinion, and just hearing what she has been like lately on Biggest Loser, well, that just pretty much made up my mind.

Carrie graduates high school this evening. Boy is she making me feel old LOL. :scared1:
But I am excited for her. She will be beginning a new chapter in her life, and I'll be starting one as well. It will seem so weird to not wake up each weekday to see her off to school. She will be returning to school in the fall for her nursing. She is taking a 2 year course for medical assistant. She said when she gets a better job, if they pay for schooling, she will go for hopefully RN.

Well, hope everyone has a good day. Hugs to you all!!

Congratulations to Carrie. I know she had some trials and tribulations along the way. I'm sure you are very proud of her, Kathy.

A beautiful day here. I'll get to the pool and then work a bit more on my sorting of stuff. I took a huge amount of things to Good Will the other day. It felt good to get rid of things we are not using and haven't used in a looong time!!

Have a lovely day everyone.

Congratulations to Carrie! It's fun to celebrate our milestones together and to know everything has worked out so well for her this year.

I got a dozen red roses yesterday arranged with curly willow and some other gorgeous things. Awwwww! We're celebrating our anniversary on Sunday night since the family arrived yesterday. Sunday is the 40th anniversary of our first kiss. I'd say date, but I was too young to date with my parents' blessing, LOL! :laughing: How did I know I had the right guy at 14????

My sister is in town with the kids. Olivia and I are going for lunch and pedicures after I drop her at the mall so I can get my hair cut. In short, it's a girls' day! :cheer2:

Kinda cloudy and weird for this time of year for us. The yard is pretty, though, with lots of blooms. Tom seems to be interested in helping me this year with it, which is a huge shift in attitude. I'm grateful! His Dad made him do too much yard work while the other kids were playing and it's taken me 30+ years to get him over it, lol!

Off to pick up Olivia!

Have a great day!:grouphug:

Good morning everyone. Just been really busy the last few days. I just picked up another "client". I used to clean her house, and when she retired about 2 or 3 years ago, she didn't need me. She called me last week needing help again LOL. So, I gave up my last free day. Don't mind the money, but really debated on giving up that last day. Sometimes that day is my salvation. I'll see how it goes.
Went to Idewild (amusement park) on Sunday. I wasn't too happy with the park. Some of the rides weren't open, some of the shops weren't open. All together, I'd say 1/2 the park was open that day. And they closed at 7:30. I have been going there every year since I was little, and last year and this year it went way down hill. A company in France bought it a couple years ago. I really doubt I'll go next year.
Thank you for the congrats for Carrie. I really appreciate it.

Robin, can't wait to hear how the get a way went!!
Lisa, the flowers sound beautiful. My lillies are blooming now, and they look so pretty! I'll have to take a picture of my flowers. Not much, but better than what it was!

Ok, off to get ready for a shower. Later everyone.

I had a nice weekend with the family, especially my time with Olivia. We found an ottoman at Home Goods with a peacock embroidered on the top. She fell in love with it and couldn't afford it so I bought it the next day and surprised her. She was shaking all over - so cute! She has her own apartment now. I had my face done again yesterday, hopefully for the last time. It was very aggressive and I look awful. Watching old movies and tripping over my feet so it's been a down day today. I look like a maroon face transplant person. Better tomorrow, I'm sure. Hope all is great with all of you. I felt sorry for myself and justified ice cream, as if cold ice cream is going to cool off my face! Bad girl! And I can't even exercise it off. Oh, well, no more slip ups, I promise.

Here I am Jocelyn! :)

Lisa - I hope you feel better tomorrow. I know you'll feel better when it is all healed and you look fabulous! :woohoo:

Kathy - I know how that feels when someplace used to be so great and then goes down hill. Sooooo disappointing! There's a place in Connecticut that we loved when Owen was small and then one year we went and it was terrible. We'll all just have to make due and go to Hawaii to see Jocelyn. :rotfl:

I have been walking every day for an hour or more at the environmental center. I have added some running and walking lunges to the mix. There are markers on the trail and when I get to '4' I start to run until '6'. When I get to '7' I do 16 walking lunges. When I get to '10' I run until '12'. There's a bench that I stop at and do 10 step-ups onto it. I go around 9 times, but the first and last I just walk. It's fun and I'm the only one there most times. Sometimes there are school trips there, but then I just leave and come back later.

Nothing new on the job front. Please continue to include me in your prayers.

Robin - I hope you had a great time away! Now, dish!!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day!

Hi Ladies - it's been a while. My hubby and I went to Las Vegas for our 2 year anniversary and we just got back on Sat. I have had to catch up so much on work and home chores, crazy. Not weighing myself and feeling really good. We walked everywhere in Vegas and my legs definitely were feeling it.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Haven't read all the posts but trying to catch up.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!

Cindy: Happy Anniversary!party:

Diane: Still praying for your job! I know your best place is waiting for you. I'm so impressed with your walking routine! You must feel wonderful! You Go Girl!

So nice to see everyone this morning.

Diane - your walks sound great. I am back enjoying the pool. it is very windy here again today, but the water shouldn't be too cold. We laugh and say we have pineapple juice for blood when we have been here for a while!! I get cold very easily.

Lisa - get some Clemmy's ice cream if you can tolerate sugar alcohols. It is really good and I mean really good. I love the chocolate and coffee and just a couple of tablespoons hits the spot. I have been able to find it at Safeway here (even on sale this week). Some Whole Foods carry it. Bob finished off the Almond one!! The cartons are small, though.

Some really expensive houses have been selling here recently. I hope that indicates a turn in the economy. There is quite a bit of building going on too, but then the next article talks about all the hotels that are in financial distress.

Cindy - so nice to see you. Belated Happy Anniversary.

:cheer2::love::cheer2:

Kathy - don't overwork and get sick again, but I am sure the extra funds are always a help. How is Mike's class going?

Off to start my day - everyone else is already into the afternoon!!

Hugs to ALL:grouphug:

Good morning ladies!! Not much going on here this morning. Treated myself and slept in, so this will be short as I have to get ready to go.

Lisa, the ottoman sounds so pretty!! That was so kind of you to purchase it for her. I know she will treasure it.

Diane, still sending prayers your way. Your walk sounds so nice and relaxing. They say doing interval training is a good way to go. Sounds like you're on top of it for sure!

Cindy, happy belated anniversary! Vegas sounds like it was fun for you both. Glad you enjoyed it. Just don't overdo it trying to catch up!!

Jocelyn, Mike's training has been going well. He had a couple incidents, but thankfully his trainer was with him. The first one was his back brakes freezing up about 3 hours from here on I-80. They got it repaired thankfully. Then the other day he bent the rim on one of the tires, and they got a flat. They made it back thankfully. But other than that, he'd doing well with it LOL.

I'll catch you all later!

Am I remembering correctly that we cannot exceed 1500 posts? Does anyone know how to start a new thread?

Gorgeous Spring weather which I am enjoying before or after the sun leaves the yard until my face heals. Having a rougher time with it this go-round. I guess because it's already traumatized? I look a sight, but hoping to be better than ever in a week or so. I'm going stir crazy and Blockbuster is taking too long to ship me Alice in Wonderland! Tom won't like it so I've been waiting to watch it in the afternoon. That was my big plan for today, lol, but it's not coming til tomorrow.

I can work on filing, but somehow I don't really want to. A little at a time at least. I should read, but my eyes were so swollen it wasn't too appealing. I'll do my hair to feel better so I'll look good from the back, LOL!

Hope you all have a great day!

http://www.disboards.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=59

The link above is the page to start a new link. We need to come up with a name and then post it on this link and link it to the new one. Make sense??

Lisa, you are the creative one so I will let you come up with a name. I asked about this last week as I thought we were getting a bit large.

Hope your face starts to heal soon, Lisa.

We could stick with the simple name and date. MM Warriors and today's date? Easy to find...Jocelyn, do you know how to make the links then?

I'm back to work today and it's going to be 95. Hot!

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter