Getting sick of Amazon and delivery mess-ups

Amazon and the USPS must learn to deliver DIRECTLY ON THE FRONT PORCH. Where I live we have a communal mail box (which I new when we bought the house) but I still have a right to have mail delivered ON THE FRONT PORCH. I do not want to walk past the neighbors house every day to get the mail.
Honestly, check with your Postmaster. As far as I know, you need to have a mailbox attached to your house to get your mail delivered to your house.

Packages should not need a mailbox...no matter the size.
If that's the arrangement the customer has with their post office, sure. What does the carrier or the Postmaster say when you tell them you want packages delivered directly to your door?

I don't have Amazon Prime as I have been able to get shipments from Walmart & Target with free shipping over $35 for my pantry items. Unfortunately, they aren't any better. I've noticed both of those stores list a higher online price on items bought online vs. in the store. So much for "free shipping." :rolleyes: Also, the majority of items I used to get from Walmart, they no longer list as available online, only in store.

And Target, for the life of them, can't seem to figure out how to PACK and ship multiple items of canned goods. They seem to think those sealed bags of air they use for packing are enough to stop canned goods from hurling around a too flimsy cardboard box for the weight of the contents. :confused3 Once one bag breaks, a 16 oz can is loose. That's enough to break all the other bags. Then ALL of the cans going banging around the inside of the box, denting each other and eventually breaking through the flimsy cardboard box. They actually had to resend a whole shipment recently because UPS reported the shipment damaged beyond being salvageable. EVERYTHING must have gone flying all over the conveyor belt. :duck: Other times, I know UPS sealed up the holes & rips in the sides of the boxes to contain what's inside, because Target couldn't bother to properly tape up the boxes themselves with more than one piece of tape. This has happened to me more than once. So, I'm sure many, many other customers have had the same thing happen to them too. :sad2:
I tried buying laundry detergent from target and having it shipped--never again! They put tape on the caps and then put the bottles inside these bags, but they were just loose inside this huge shipping box with some of that air pack stuff tucked around. When they got to me, both caps were busted and the bottles were sticky and half-empty. Then I had to drive these messy bottles to the store for an exchange.

I tried buying laundry detergent from target and having it shipped--never again! They put tape on the caps and then put the bottles inside these bags, but they were just loose inside this huge shipping box with some of that air pack stuff tucked around. When they got to me, both caps were busted and the bottles were sticky and half-empty. Then I had to drive these messy bottles to the store for an exchange.

Welcome to my reality of Target deliveries. I'd LIKE to be able to fill my pantry once a month and buy about 25 canned goods, (chick peas for hummus - which I inhale. ) Beets for salads, etc. But I can't. I learned Target won't split uo a shipment into 2 boxes, even though the contents would be too heavy for one cardboard box. :headache: One time, EVERY SINGLE CAN rattled around, hitting each other, and ALL of them arrived nearly pulverized. :furious: :badpc: I can only order about 15-17 cans of food and then fill the order with lighter items like coffee & creamer, which I get anyway. :headache: :sad2:

Last edited:
My Amazon orders are always delivered by USPS. My mom's in the next town over are usually by Amazon Logistics. Her stuff is always delivered by 9 am on the delivery date with a pic in pristine condition. Mine is usually a day or three late, always in the evening, put in weird places, and sometimes damaged.

USPS has somehow managed to bend a cardboard mailer (the 2" thick box kind that are about 9"W x 12"L) with books inside to fit inside my mailbox (the feat of strength with that one was actually impressive), of course bending up the books. I've had packages tossed under my vehicle parked in the driveway, without anyone bothering to knock on the door. I've had a case of a dozen 1.5 liter, thick plastic bottles of water show up with the box torn open and water logged, with one bottle missing and another with a giant gash and still leaking water everywhere. The worst was when I had a large box with an $80 baby bouncer dropped off late one night after I had set the trash cans out for the next morning. It was placed right next to the full trash cans out by the road. Thankfully, the trash men saw that it was an unopened box and pounded on my door at 7am to ask if that was really supposed to be out with the trash.

Whenever I've complained to USPS, they deny the accusation. Amazon just says that they can't help what the carrier does when they receive the product from them. I'm hoping delivery will be better once I move next month...

Question for anyone with a long, narrow, wooded driveway- do the trucks actually drive down your driveway to deliver large packages on your doorstep or just leave a card in your mailbox?

My parents live in a very heavily wooded area - their driveway is 1/3 mile long - the trucks all come down the driveway and deliver their packages to their house. Lots of times things take a day longer to get there because they're so rural, but it always get brought to the house.

Packages should not need a mailbox...no matter the size.
Your complaint is one of the oddest ones TBH.

I prefer my packages to be in the community one if it fits in it (it has something like 8 or 9 houses total in it). There's a regular mail spot for each house and then a box for 1 house that can have a package delivered if the regular mail slot is too large but it will fit in the oversized one. If it's being delivered by USPS and is too large for both the regular mail slot and the oversized one in the community one then yes they will deliver it to my front door.

In the community mailbox not only is it protected more from thieves it's also protected more from the elements.

My mom has her mailbox attached to her house and while that was very nice growing up for regular mail she actually will opt to send packagess to my house where it can be at least more protected than her house and arrange to get it because she doesn't like having packages just sitting out in the open (and she's not into the Amazon Lockers yet).

The majority of our issues stem from Amazon Logistics but I believe when they announced they will be working on 1 day delivery for Prime Members that they would also be working on improving Amazon Logistics.

Most of it stems from the person thinking about protection for the packages (i.e. out of sight, protected better from elements) and delivery to correct house (along with correct delivery message meaning don't select you handed it to the person when you didn't actually do that especially when you deliver to the wrong house..and don't even put it up by their door just plain out in the open on the steps to the front door).

Prime is still very much worth it but they def. need to continue to improve Amazon Logistics. Sometimes I wish they would just let me drive the 15mins to the warehouse where the majority of my purchases are coming from and get it myself lol.

I prefer my packages to be in the community one if it fits in it (it has something like 8 or 9 houses total in it). There's a regular mail spot for each house and then a box for 1 house that can have a package delivered if the regular mail slot is too large but it will fit in the oversized one. If it's being delivered by USPS and is too large for both the regular mail slot and the oversized one in the community one then yes they will deliver it to my front door.

That's how it is where we live. We are just outside the city limits, in the county, and we have what is considered a rural route. There are clusters of locked postal boxes where about 10-12 get their mail all along the route. All the boxes are locked, and there is one larger parcel box for pkgs. If it doesn't fit in there, then the carrier brings it to the houses. Everyone has a separate key that doesn't unlock any of the other boxes. If you have a pkg, the carrier leaves the parcel box key in your compartment where they leave your other mail. And the boxes are well protected from the elements. I have had no problems getting my Amazon pkgs, whether they are delivered by UPS, USPS, or Fed Ex. I have gotten them in either 1 day or 2 every single time. And I hope it stays that way, as I use my Amazon Prime constantly, lol.

My parents live in a very heavily wooded area - their driveway is 1/3 mile long - the trucks all come down the driveway and deliver their packages to their house. Lots of times things take a day longer to get there because they're so rural, but it always get brought to the house.

Thank you! We are moving to a house in the country and wasn't sure how package delivery would work. We will still be fairly close to civilization, but our house is a decent bit back from the road and hidden by trees. Our driveway is easy to spot and identify though, so hopefully there won't be any major issues.

So this is my package, not my porch.

imageId-00b5800c-50e0-ca03-8f02-7f2ff05f5a25.jpeg

Another Amazon Logistics win!

At least they were kind enough to deliver it to someone and to take a very artistic picture of the porch where they left the package.

If only that was my porch.

I made the mistake of buying fancy cabinet paint from Amazon, and it arrived just like your detergent - except they didn't use the final box, just a plastic inside bag and a padded outside bag. What a mess!

Spent over an hour on chat last night with Amazon. I have not had any actual delivery problems. Packages arrived as promised and placed on the front porch by USPS, but this time the package arrived minus one item that showed it contained and was shipped.

I chatted and now have to wait three days before I have the pleasure of contacting them again to find out what they will do about fulfilling the order. Ridiculous. The item missing was less than $15 (I ordered 2 of the same shirt and only one was shipped) while the other items were far more expensive. If I was going to lie about a missing item--it would have been one of the more expensive ones. I get that Amazon can't take everyone's word about a missing item, but c'mon--I have to initiate the follow up contact, really? Shouldn't Amazon be calling me?

I told them (two customer service reps to deal with the missing item) the only acceptable response will be that my shirt has been shipped or refunded. Otherwise, I will charge it back through my credit card and let them haggle it out. :headache:

Another Amazon Logistics win!

At least they were kind enough to deliver it to someone and to take a very artistic picture of the porch where they left the package.

If only that was my porch.
How long is it taking you to walk or drive around your neighborhood in ever-wideing circles, holding up your phone (in your non streering wheel hand, if driving), comparing that picture to various doors until you find the right one?

Or, better question - how ling before Amazon ill-Logistics gets it back and delivers it to you?

kdonnel, I hope you find it. Great story though.

I would love to wean myself from Amazon, I really do try. But it's more that I hate they are such a lousy employer.

How long is it taking you to walk or drive around your neighborhood in ever-wideing circles, holding up your phone (in your non streering wheel hand, if driving), comparing that picture to various doors until you find the right one?

Or, better question - how ling before Amazon ill-Logistics gets it back and delivers it to you?
I recognized the porch when I saw the picture. It was two house down.

Were you able to get your package then? Or had they already brought it inside?
They had brought it in. I rang the doorbell and they gave it to me. They had not opened it and did not realize it was not for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter