Geyser Point or Crockett's Tavern

dismoose23

Mouseketeer
DW and I will be arriving next Friday to WDW and will be staying at The Wilderness Lodge. We are looking for a quick bite at the WL/Fort Wilderness area and were curious what The DIS community would choose between Geyser Point and Crockett's Tavern (or both). We have not been to either, but both look like they have some interesting drink and snack selections.

There are some great Youtube reviews of Geyser Point. It's definitely on my must-do list now!

I've never been to Crockett's Tavern, but my family loves Geyser Point. I would definitely recommend it if you are staying at WL.

Geyser Point is pretty hard to top with it being open air and on the water but their lounge menu is pretty limited so check it out and see you what you prefer.

For those who have been to either, is there a must have snack or drink? The cheesy barbecue brisket looks really good.

The cheesy brisket is good. . .not great but good. Though not listed on the menu, they make waffle fries (there's a picture of them with the bison burger on the Disney site), and they are excellent! The crispy fried oysters are also surprisingly tasty--not the best I've had but far from the worst. You just need to ask for more of the miso tartar sauce or simply more lemon. Drink selection is very good, the beer selection is solid. Wine selection is fair. Very pretty venue that pipes in music during the fireworks at MK during the evening. You may know this, but keep in mind that if you're staying at WL, then FW is a one-mile walk away. Now, we love making that walk, especially in the mornings when we head over to Trail's End for their breakfast buffet (one of the better values and hidden gems in the World), but realize it will take you a good 15-20 minutes or so to make the Tavern.

For those who have been to either, is there a must have snack or drink? The cheesy barbecue brisket looks really good.
We thought the cheesy brisket dip was very good, it’s served with homemade chips. The shrimp on a wire is served cold with sliced shishito peppers, it was just okay. Edamame is always a good drinking snack.

The cheesy brisket is good. . .not great but good. Though not listed on the menu, they make waffle fries (there's a picture of them with the bison burger on the Disney site), and they are excellent! The crispy fried oysters are also surprisingly tasty--not the best I've had but far from the worst. You just need to ask for more of the miso tartar sauce or simply more lemon. Drink selection is very good, the beer selection is solid. Wine selection is fair. Very pretty venue that pipes in music during the fireworks at MK during the evening. You may know this, but keep in mind that if you're staying at WL, then FW is a one-mile walk away. Now, we love making that walk, especially in the mornings when we head over to Trail's End for their breakfast buffet (one of the better values and hidden gems in the World), but realize it will take you a good 15-20 minutes or so to make the Tavern.

This is some good information. I have only stayed at WL once (back in 2000) and this will be DW's first stay at WL. I never knew about the walking trail connecting to FW. Silly question, does the trail close at a certain time? We will most likely arrive at WL around 7:30pm. Would it be a better option to take the boat? I just want to make sure we have enough time at both locations so we are not having to race around before both locations close. I do see that Crockett's closes at 10pm and Geyser Point at midnight (though I am wondering if they stop serving food before that).

Thanks everyone for the replies! Your food and drink descriptions are very helpful and are making me very hungry. popcorn::

Last edited:
This is some good information. I have only stayed at WL once (back in 2000) and this will be DW's first stay at WL. I never knew about the walking trail connecting to FW. Silly question, does the trail close at a certain time? We will most likely arrive at WL around 7:30pm. Would it be a better option to take the boat? I just want to make sure we have enough time at both locations so we are not having to race around before both locations close. I do see that Crockett's closes at 10pm and Geyser Point at midnight (though I am wondering if they stop serving food before that).
Not a silly question at all! ;) The trail doesn't close; however, it's not lighted, either. People often see wildlife along the walk--we've seen deer, turtles, lots of squirrels, rabbits, and even a hawk once. The trail "head" is now clearly marked with signage sponsored by New Balance. It begins at the confluence of walkways between the main Lodge, VWL, and the bus stop. Can't miss it. (As a side note, there used to be a nature trail that paralleled the lake shore for about a 1/3 of a mile before it turned up to join the paved path--that sadly disappeared when the new construction began.) While I wouldn't mind walking the paved path in the dark with a good flashlight, I'm not sure how many people would do so. Once it's dark, the boat is probably the better option. I believe food is available up until closing at GP; after all, it is really just a bar with bar food. However, I'd likely not push it that late. Oh, and in case you didn't know, they do offer bike rentals at WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter