GF RPC/Disneymoon: WEDDING VIDEO ADDED! 8/30

Fantastic trip report! Love the pic of Sickly (that cracks me up - can't wait to find out how he got the name) eating the mouse bar! My kind of guy!! :mickeybar

Heatherlynn -- we must have just missed you! We were there that day for our Honeymoon shoot and did Pirates just before we left the MK to head to downtown disney.

It was such a great day! Crowds were so low that you could get so much done!

Ok everyone, sorry to hold you in suspense, but it was kinda fun hehe. SO you finally get to see why DH is called sickly…well….first a little background info on the poor boy.

When sickly was in high school, he developed very bad acid reflux. It was so bad the medication did not help. He was told if he did not do something about it he would have throat cancer by the time he was thirty. Well, that’s no fun so he decided to have fundoplication (sp) surgery. Basically, they take your esophagus and fold it and staple it to make it smaller. Them they took his stomach and wraped it around his esophagus in a knot. Well that’s lots of fun b/c basically you are physically inable to vomit. He had this done his senior year of high school and can’t vomit, and can barely burp. He has to take smaller bits of food and it just causes whole heaps of difficulty. BUT I guess that’s better than cancer. SO on occasion (twice since we have been together) when sickly gets sick….he gets really sick. He is unable to throw up the “poison” and therefore stays sick, and also gets dehydrated and ends up in the ER which is not fun. :scared1:
On top of this, he has a whole host of allergy problems and gets regular sinus infections. He had one during Christmas, and he has one right now. So……..with that being said……here we go!

It is about 3:45 and we are back in our beautiful room kind of rummaging around, relaxing, etc. I called my mom just to check in, and when I got off the phone, sickly was in the bed not looking so hot. I asked him if he was ok, and he said his stomach hurt. Well folks, let me tell you, his stomach always hurts. Haha so I honestly didn’t take it to seriously. I said I was sorry and he should take a nap and maybe he would feel better. SO we both took a nap, and upon waking up, he was worse. I won’t go into detail but will say he was in the bathroom a lot…..

Ok, so, not knowing if it was a virus or food poisoning was the problem. Last time he was in the ER for this the nurse gave us some suppositories (sp) to keep in our fridge and if we could give them to him when he started feeling sick, he may not end up in the ER. Well, of course we didn’t have them with us, so we called his Dr. friend and he called in a prescription for finagrin (suppositories) and loratab for pain. Oh I forgot to mention, when he gets the fun sensation to throw up but can’t, it is extremely painful, (think the worst menstrual cramps you have ever had girls)

So we call in the meds and luckily the pharmacy delivers, b/c I would have gotten very very lost! But they said they had just done a delivery so it would be awhile. Great. So for the next three hours, it pretty much went like this: sickly would go into the bathroom for a few minutes and do…his thing…then he would TRY and throw up, and make this AWFUL noise but it would release endorphins and then he would feel a lot better for about 10 minutes. Then he would do it all over again. He said numerous times when he was in the bathroom he plotted how he could walk out the door and leap over the balcony into the lobby and kill himself…that’s fun…oh, and sickly has a high threshold for pain…remember, ex football player here. SO I’m trying to keep myself together and not cry, I was upset, sad, and angry all at the same time. Not at him, but I mean, this was our honeymoon!

100_2295.jpg

isn't this pathetic!?!:sick:

Ok so finally the drugs came about 8:00 and I run down to the lobby to get them and it took the lady at the desk at least 7 minites to come back with them. I mean, come on, I am picking up meds so someone is OBVIOUSLY in pain, so could oyu please step it up a notch…they then asked for ID….come on! I didn’t have it on me so I begged and she let me go. He took the meds and still didn’t feel any better. Great. I was starving so I ran down to Gasparillas to get some food. When I came back, he was really really bad off, and looked HORRIBLE. I had been forcing him to drink a lot of water and sprite so he wouldn’t get dehydrated as well. About 9:45 he was doing so bad that he actually told me to call a doctor/hospital. Great. So I call the concierge and Joe answered and I asked him what to do. He said there is a Dr. on call service that will come to your room so he gave me the number and I called him. Sickly told him the problem and everything and the Dr. said “you need to call 911” GREAT! So I call Joe back trying desperately not to cry, and he calls themfor me, and then puts me through to them. They asked me a ton of questions like “is he bleeding, is he conscious, is he awake, etc.” and they said they would send someone.
Having been through this before with sickly, I packed some things in m ypurse. A book, bottle of water, paper, etc. it can get boring. Sickly puts on some scrub pants and a sweatshirt and gets back in bed and we wait.

About that time someone knocked on the door. I open it and two managers are standing at my door….ok…not exactly who I was expecting, but sine this was probably the biggest GF hooplah of the night, they had called in the troops. There was also a security guard with them. They started asking me all kinds of questions as well and I got tired of repeating my story. Finally two paramedics come in with a full stretcher and everything. Oh gosh, everyone is going to think he is dying or something…..this is hopefully one of those things I will look back on and laugh…..but not then. They asked a lot of questions and took his temp. he had 102.5 fever and said then that means it’s a virus, and he was already doing everything for him that the ER would do, and hes not dehydrated (thanks to me) so he won’t need a drip. They said to take tyelonol and Imodium AD along with the finagrin and codine, and to drink water and eat crackers or a banana until it ran its course. Well, thanks good news I guess….So I walked out with them b/c it was after 10 and I had to go with one of the managers to get into the sundries store to get some meds. I thanked the paramedics and they walk off complaining about how the building numbers at the GF are so confusing. The managers seemed a little on edge…like we were going to sue them or something, it was kind of funny. So with more meds in hand, I go back to the elevator and into the room. The ten minute cycle continues all night but with more like 30 min. in between. We did not get much sleep. When I did finally go to sleep I prayed that it was a short virus and he would be all better in the morning……

since this post was uneventful as far as pictures go, then heres a sneak-peek wedding pic

n23424062_34480635_4732-1.jpg

and a couple GF pics

100_2297-1.jpg

this pic is my FAVORITE and my current desktop background. taken from our room:cloud9:

100_2340.jpg

this pic was taken litterally almost directly stepping out of our room (i moved some to center it haha)

Coming up day 4. will sickly be healed by daybreak, or will another day of the very planned out honeymoon go to waste?

Oh, you poor things! I can somewhat relate, because my DF has an intestinal disorder and it's never trigged by the same foods. We have had many trips ruined by this surprise occuring situation. It is NOT fun, and I can relate to you feeling bad for him, but at the same time being a little annoyed because it's your honeymoon :( Your poor little sickly!!

Oh gosh-- I am so sorry about your husband!! For the both of you. I know this must have been very stressful on you all. He probobly felt a lot of pressure since it was, indeed, the honeymoon---and you two-- a newlywed-- wanting to be there for ole hubby-- and hopign this wouldnt ruin all the fun. Goodness... I really wish I could take that experience back from you all. Ya knwo what, things like that are what relationships are all about. Its sweet that you were there for him-- and I kinda like it when DH gets sick (not that hes sick though)-- it makes me feel like I can actually take care of him sometimes, even if im not doing anything real productive!

I really hope things started looking up for you all. Poor "sickly". Atleast this was all AFTER the wedding.

Did he ever have to end up going to the hospital? Or did they just have peramedics come to the room?

This is so suspenseful... i feel like im watching a movie on the end of my chair. I keep forgetting this was your reality.

My stomach usually bothers me on trips-- i think its the different foods that im not used to eating. I hate that if effected him that way!

Aww I feel so bad for your DH and you to have to deal with that on your honeymoon. Hopefully we are about to read how he made a complete recovery by daybreak. ;) And great idea to give us the sneak peek wedding photo - can't wait to see more! :cutie:

Sorry about sickly, but at least you are able to laugh at it now. Can't wait to read more.

Geaux Saints

Oh Heather, your poor DH! What a terrible day! I really hope it was a short virus and he is back to himself by morning. I know, you feel like there is something more you should be able to do, but you're just so disappointed b/c you've planned your disneymoon for so long and now you don't know what's going to happen! I'm glad Joe and others were there to help you so you did not feel so alone. I hope he's better!

Heather I am so so sorry that your DH got sick and I can almost promise you he got it from WDW. Michael and I were at WDW at the exact times you were and we saw a total of 4 kids vomiting in the parks due to a virus. So if we actually SAW 4 in the brief periods we were in parks imagine how many were in their rooms sick that we didn't see. That virus looked like no fun at all:sick:

Heatherlynn444-I am so glad you had such a wonderful Disneymoon!!! You were so beautiful on your wedding day as well!!! Best wishes....

Heatherlynn, I am so sorry you guys had to suffer through that. :guilty: I hope in your next installment things look up! I have my own stomach issues and I know to get sick on vacation is the worst (well, on your honeymoon is the WORST!)

Keep it coming! Hope the situation gets better! :)

Lives4Disney

Oh, I'm so sorry your DH had to suffer on your Disneymoon!

Great trip report so far!

Your dress is gorgeous! Can I ask who designed it?

hey everyone sorry I don't have the next installment ready yet, don't hate me! I have been watching the Saints games and it was such a heartbreaker, and now I have to study, class tomorrow night. BUT you will not go away empty handed, my wedding pics are online!

www.millersalbums.com

Use the event code: 29873WBridges
popcorn:: let me know what you think!

hey everyone sorry I don't have the next installment ready yet, don't hate me! I have been watching the Saints games and it was such a heartbreaker, and now I have to study, class tomorrow night. BUT you will not go away empty handed, my wedding pics are online!

www.millersalbums.com

Use the event code: 29873WBridges
popcorn:: let me know what you think!

Soooo sorry about the Saints! My DF was watching the game and I was thinking of you. Chicago has a tough defense!

On a better note, your pictures are GORGEOUS!!! You are the perfect southern belle ;) Everything was so pretty and you can really see an attention to detail. Congrats on what looked like a beautiful day!!!!

Heather your photos are gorgeous! Your wedding looks like it was amazing - I loved everything - the color scheme, your BMs' dresses, the cake, your flower girl's matching doll and you were absolutely stunning! Congratulations again!

Heather,

Your pictures were absolutely gorgeous, you were a stunning bride! I loved your dress and the bridesmaid dress color just made the pictures pop!

Sorry to hear about your experience in Disney with Sickly, I hope he's all better by morning!

DAY FOUR

Well, sorry to disappoint you all, but when we woke up the next morning about 9:30, sickly was still, well…..sickly He was a little better, only having to go to the bathroom every 45 minutes to an hour. Well crap. I was really hoping he would hop out of bed and say “let’s go!” not so much. I got up and dressed and went down to the concierge lounge and got me some breakfast and him a banana. He ate about half of it. This is the only thing he has eaten since lunch yesterday, so he is also very very weak and cannot stand up for more than about 8 seconds. So, we basically sat in the room all day. I went back down to Gasparillas to get lunch, and cancelled our GF Café lunch reservations. I must admit I did a lot of my own sulking that day. I wasn’t mad at sickly b/c I knew t wasn’t his fault, I was just mad. I had been planning for a year and it was getting ruined.
So we sat in the room all day, and it there was more and more time in between bathroom and trying to throw up trips. When he tried to throw up and made those awful noises I would get so upset, but he said when he did that I should be happy for him b/c when he did that he felt so much better for a few minutes. I thought part of his problem was that he was weak, needed to eat and walk around a little bit. So I made him eat the rest of the banana and I got him a ginger ale from the concierge lounge and told him to put on some shoes we were going for a walk. We stepped outside our door and he leaned on the balcony overlooking the lobby and shuffled at the rate of about 10 steps per minute, yes it was that slow and he was that weak. He made it to the two chairs by the windows and had to sit down. I made him drink more ginger ale, and he said he had to rest and couldn’t walk anymore. This is frustrating for someone who feels fine like I did and could run up and down the halls 50 times. :confused3

100_2304.jpg

doesn't he look pathetic?
100_2303.jpg

Pretty flowers on the table about 15 steps from our room.

We sat there for a few minutes, and at least he felt a little better and cracked a couple jokes. Sickly loves fish and fishing and could fish while he was still in diapers, and we had reservations that night for coral reef, and we had not even been to Epcot yet. He said he wanted to try to go b/c he wanted to see the fish, he knew he needed to eat, and he felt really bad about ruining the trip for me. I asked him if he was sure and told him numerous times we didn’t have to but he insisted. We went back to the room and he took a nap. The maid came and I asked her to come back at 4:30 b/c we would be gone by then. He woke up at 4 and we started getting ready. I had a really bad feeling about us going tonight but he still insisted. We shuffled very very slowly out to the monorail and luckily it came up right as we walked up. We made sure we got in a car where sickly could sit down and he layed on my shoulder, it was pathetic and I kept asking him if he wanted to go back and he said no. also, I had on my bride ears so people kept talking to us and congratulating us and I’m like “can’t you see he doesn’t feel like talking” but I felt bad b/c they were just trying to be nice. They decided to do a safety test on the monorail so it took forever to get to the TTC. We finally got there and sickly started feeling worse. :scared1:

100_2299.jpg

another random pic from our room

Next up….does it really take 30 minutes to walk to coral reef? And people that like to stare at others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter