GF RPC/Disneymoon: WEDDING VIDEO ADDED! 8/30

Hi
Congrats on you wonderful day! Your dress is so beautiful.

Sorry for all that you are going through... but I can't wait to hear more!

Know how it feels to be the well one while some one is sick at the GF DSis got ill our last day we were there and we had to beg for them to let us have the room untill that evening because our flight back was at 9pm! their option was let us keep the room or have her sick in the loby the picked the right choice. enjoying your report can not wait till i can have a disneymoon just have to find a husband first:lmao:

Oh no! That's so awful that he was sick the whole day :sad2: I hope he starts to feel better soon! I think you should get a "do-over" for your disneymoon ;)

I feel so bad for you all!! I agree with JJClemson-- you all need another honeymoon!! It will never replace your first one (which you will look back in time and have a good memory of it together)... but maybe for your 1 year-- just have another honeymoon/anniversary trip!

Cant wait to hear more-- I hope he got to feeling better!

You are a very beautiful girl Heather, you are very photogenic and your photos are lovely. My DD15 thinks you are very lovely in your photos.

Sorry to hear about your husband on your disneymoon - poor guy

He will have to take you back on your anniversary to make up for it:thumbsup2

You poor things!!! I am enjoying your report (as much as reading how sick your DH was can be 'enjoyed') I hope things at the Coral Reef didn't go too badly. Can't wait to hear more and I'm hoping things start looking up soon!!

Oh, I feel so bad not only for your husband but also for you. You definately need to take another Disney vacation soon.

Your wedding looked like a dream...You were simply gorgeous!!

Oh Heather, I am so pulling for your DH to get better. Can't wait for the next installment. I'm guessing he doesn't do so well at the restaurant. :sad2:

sorry I have not personally replied to everyone's posts from the last installment, but they basically all said "i'm sorry!" haha so "thanks, me too!" I will have the next installment tomorrow, i had class form 5:30-10:00 tonight so I am pooped! thank you all for staying with me and reading, it means a lot!:yay:

I love hearing about your trip...you have me waiting in anticipation for the next part of it popcorn:: ! I hope everything ends up turning out alright!

DAY FOUR CONTINUED

We get off one monorail and didn’t realize we had to walk aalll the way down and around this huge ramp to get to the other one. It took us a good 5 minutes at least to get to the other side with sickly leaning on the railing the whole time. Sickly had on a hooded sweatshirt with the hood on, he had not brushed his hair and had his glasses on. He looked really bad and I kept regretting it more and more. Also, it was really COLD. It was the first cold day we had since we got there, and I thought “great, now I’m going to get sick from being outside!” we make it to the other monorail platform and sickly sits down on the railing while we wait for the monorail. It fonally comes and we get on a car where he can sit down.
Ok, not trying to be rude, but some people are very annoying. Its one thing to say congrats and chat for a minute….but we got into a handicap car with a guy in a wheelchair who had cerebral palsy (sp) and he talked and talked the WHOLE WAY to Epcot. I mean, he could see that sickly was laying on me not feeling good, I even said he was sick, and this guy starts telling us how he met his girlfriend on the internet but her parents dint like him b/c of his handicap and how he hopes she not trying to use him for money even though he doesn’t have a lot and how he’s usually not in a wheelchair but his hips were hurting and I mean, I felt bad for the guy but too much information!!!!!! That was agonizing and seemed to last for hours!!! Aaahhh!!!
Ok, I’m alright now,…So we hobble off the monorail and have yet another long ramp to walk down. And this is what makes me mad. We were going really really slow, so slow we were almost moving backwards, and we were against the railing so ppl could pass us. Well, they did, which is fine, but they would walk psat us, and then turn around and STARE at us! Like “what’s wrong with him!” it was SO annoying, and it wasn’t just a couple ppl, it was at least 20 or so ppl that did this. I mean, where are you from that you were brought up to be so rude! Whenever someone did that I would give them a nasty look which I am VERY good at doing and they would quickly turn away. Some ppl even turned around multiple times! Ug how rude.
Ok, so we get to almost the end of the platform and sickly wanted to do his throw up thing so he would feel better but he couldn’t do it, and not for lack of trying. It was 5:00 and we had plenty of time until our 6:00 reservations, so I suggested riding spaceship earth. He could sit down in the dark and relax and there was no wait, so we did. He said it was too loud but it was too late, so we suffered through haha. We got out and walked over to a big planter by the information place so sickly could sit down. I went to go get a park map and while I was gone sickly started doing his throw up thing in the planter. It is very loud and I will say I was very embarrassed, b/c then we REALLY got stares.

100_2306.jpg

pic I took while sickly was throwing up in the planter

After he was done he said he felt a little better, not much, and we decided to go ahead and start walking to coral reef. At that time I had forgotten about the cut through by innovations so we walked ALL THE WAY AROUND and we had to stop literally every 35 feet or so for him to sit down and rest. It was very cold and dark and I was starting to get annoyed, :rolleyes1 I wanted to get inside where it was warm! After about 25 minutes we finally made it to coral reef (not joking….25 minutes) We were seated right away and I felt awful for bringing him but he wanted to come. Our waiter was very nice and took a pic of us and put it in a little coral reef card for us and he took one with our camera, too

100_2307.jpg

how pathetic!:sick:

I don’t eat seafood so we ordered two seafood appetizers for sickly, and he ate two bites of each, and he felt so bad about it b/c on a normal day that would have been gone in 5 seconds and he never gets to eat good food like this so it was miserable for him. I ordered a steak and he got fish which he ate two bites of. Twice during dinner he had to go lay down in the lobby….I’m not joking…and left me at the table by myself  not exactly how I pictured this going….I ordered dessert b/c I really wanted to try the chocolate wave which was so good and I ate it as fast as I could so I could get sickly out of there.

100_2309.jpg

food sickly took 2 bites of. he said the texture of the souflee made him really sick!

100_2310.jpg

food I ate a lot of. yum yum:banana:

We finally left and started our long trek back to the monorail
It didn’t take as long to get back b/c I remembered the shortcut, and sickly had a little food in him so we didn’t have to stop and rest, just walk very very slow. It was FREEZING by this time and I was pretty miserable myself. We get up to the monoraila and it comes in about 3 minutes and we get on where he can sit down and he starts feeling real bad. He kept saying he felt like he had to throw up and I begged him not to make a scene in the monorail, so I was petrified for about 5 minutes and as soon as we got off we went over to the ramp and he did his thing into the bushes and felt better. We walked the long ramp to the other monorail and finally made it back to the GF after what seemed like hours. We had called in more meds so we stopped at the desk to pick them up and once again it took at least 5 minutes. What’s the hold up people!! Sickly fell straight into bed and was asleep by nine. I knew it was nine bc I heard the water pageant starting haha. I was not sleepy so I just laid in the bed wide awake until I fell asleep about 11:30

Coming up…day five….will sickly be better tomorrow morning???

well I dont really know what to say about your last installment. Im kinda all over the place with it.
I dont think the person on the monorail with cerebral palsy was intentionally trying to be annoying-- he was in all honesty probobly trying to be overly nice. I can imagine that it was frustrating for you all because he was sick (trust me, when im sick I am very easily annoyed)... but I dont think he meant to be that way.

As for people staring at him while he got off the monorail-- people in general are just plain nosey. I find my mom doing that more times than not when we are on vacation-- an on occasion she has had to play medical assistant for people (shes a nurse). I'd say some were lookers, and some might have been somewhat concerned (its not everyday you see a young person hobbling off the monorail at WDW looking very very ill).

(im not trying to defend the other people or play devils advocate... because it might look like I am. I just dont think people intentionally try to be the way they come off, ya know? Many times im the exact same way and think so-- and then there are people like my mom who help me not be so ill towards situations. My good ole mom for ya!)

Im really glad that you got to make it to the Coral Reef to eat. I feel bad for your DH having to go to the lobby a couple of times... but hopefully he gets better the next day.

I know this was really frustrating for you, but im sure it was even more frustrating for him (nobody likes to be sick!). Please tell me he gets better the next day.....:flower3: Thanks for sharing your TR with us.

well I dont really know what to say about your last installment. Im kinda all over the place with it.
I dont think the person on the monorail with cerebral palsy was intentionally trying to be annoying-- he was in all honesty probobly trying to be overly nice. I can imagine that it was frustrating for you all because he was sick (trust me, when im sick I am very easily annoyed)... but I dont think he meant to be that way.

As for people staring at him while he got off the monorail-- people in general are just plain nosey. I find my mom doing that more times than not when we are on vacation-- an on occasion she has had to play medical assistant for people (shes a nurse). I'd say some were lookers, and some might have been somewhat concerned (its not everyday you see a young person hobbling off the monorail at WDW looking very very ill).

(im not trying to defend the other people or play devils advocate... because it might look like I am. I just dont think people intentionally try to be the way they come off, ya know? Many times im the exact same way and think so-- and then there are people like my mom who help me not be so ill towards situations. My good ole mom for ya!)

Im really glad that you got to make it to the Coral Reef to eat. I feel bad for your DH having to go to the lobby a couple of times... but hopefully he gets better the next day.

I know this was really frustrating for you, but im sure it was even more frustrating for him (nobody likes to be sick!). Please tell me he gets better the next day.....:flower3: Thanks for sharing your TR with us.

I understand. I know he didn't mean to be annoying, but he still was.sickly was very veery pale and kind of moaning and laying in m ylap it was obvious we didn't want to chit chat. I know a lot of ppl who don't try to be annoying but they still annoy the heck out of me in one way or another, this was just one of those people. maybe if there wouldnt have been so much tension with him being sick and me being worried I wou;dn't have cared but at the time, I wanted to jump out the window! and as for the staring ppl, it was just very frustrating to me..I was in a bad situaiton and feeling miserbale myself anf it just kinda was like teh straw that broke the camels back in terms of annoyances. I hope that my installment didn't come off as rude, i just wanted it to saound intesne and with lots of tension b/c thats exaclty how it was that day! and hopefully i never have to go through that again! thanks for reading and commenting;)

Absolutely, I hope that that never happens to you all ever again as well. You all deserve another honeymoon with nothing but healthy bodies and a good time. I hope you end up getting another chance at the honeymoon. :thumbsup2 ... Im still interested in hearing the update on his health popcorn::

I agree and think we need another trip as well, but unfortunately I don't see one in the near future with sickly in law school and we STILL looking for a full time job :( maybe someday

Heather, I feel so bad for you and for Sickly :guilty: That's no way to spend your disneymoon! I can only imagine how disappointed yet concerned you must have been. I really really hope he feels better the next day!

Heatherlynn - First, congratulations on your wedding and I'm sorry your disneymoon wasn't as magical as you hoped. (I jumped over here from the GF thread to hear more and see pics!) I am hoping the next instalment has everyone back to feeling great. We had a family vacation to the GF RPC in November and both our boys (twins age 8) got a bug. I found the ladies in the RPC lounge to be wonderful, making sure I had crackers etc for whichever boy was back in the hotel room with me, and feeding me leftover snacks (and a glass of wine!) to help ease the disappointment of being back with a sick boy (poor little guys!) while my husband was enjoying the parks with his healthy twin. Upon reflection, it gave my hubbie some good bonding time with the boys!

I was also interested in sickly's ailments. Sounds morbid, so here is an explanation. Our boys were born >3 months early, and 1 son has cerebral palsy (you spelled it right) and reflux - and he had a fundoplication at age 4. Before the surgery, the reflux was so bad he vomited 10+ times a week, which explains why he developed a need for a feeding tube, which he still needs for nighttime supplemental feeding. After the surgery, he too cannot vomit or burp (but he does get the hiccups a lot!). He does have some awful retching episodes. These can be so violent that they have at times caused him to "vomit" up blood. As a result, we have a very short list of potential caregivers who will not freak out if this happens. And don't even think of playdates or sleepovers, because he just doesn't get invited and we know we need to have playdates here! (Whoops, got off on a tangential whine there!)

Our son is very verbal and bright and he has impressed his docs with his ability to articulate what he is feeling. He complains of periodic stomach pain that he cannot really describe. I suspect your husband (ooh, doesn't that sound nice?!?) could describe even better. Thankfully, the stomach pain episodes seem much less frequent. He does get full very quickly, though.

Because of our son's CP, we can completely relate to your discomfort with being stared at. I'd like to say we are used to it, but that's not really true. We humans are a curious lot, and I hope people are looking with compassion, but I don't always feel that way. In fact, I know people can be quite forward and ignorant, based on some of the questions I am asked ("what's wrong with that one?" was one of my "favourites" when they were little. I swear, people actually said that. They also asked if they were "real" twins, so go figure!)

In any case, I think you should start saving those pennies for a "do-over" trip. With a long and happy marriage ahead of you, hopefully you'll be able to have many trips back to WDW!

Best wishes,
Twinmum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter