Girls Only Disneyland Trip ~ Old thread, link to new one in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have to go to work today???

No way!!

:wave: Morning, everyone! Today's my Friday off from work. :woohoo:

I've been fighting a sinus headache for a few days now, so hopefully I can kick it today.

I know I have a LOT of catching up to do. :)

Mary Jo - hope you feel better. Sinus headaches suck!

BTW - did you all know Twilight - New Moon is being filmed in Vancouver, BC as we speak???? And that Eclipse is also going to be filmed here??? That's right, here - as in WHERE I LIVE :woohoo:

No way!!

Mary Jo - hope you feel better. Sinus headaches suck!

BTW - did you all know Twilight - New Moon is being filmed in Vancouver, BC as we speak???? And that Eclipse is also going to be filmed here??? That's right, here - as in WHERE I LIVE :woohoo:

Sooooo--why are you on here posting and not out stalking Edward!? Wendy would be!

logging in from my Dh's blueberry or whatever:rotfl:

eek..too hard to type on this..have a happy weekend! be back mondaynight.:goodvibes

Blueberry....:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Aww...Dawn sweets its a Blackberry...

I hope you are having a great time at the lake house!
I was going to say - come on over and we'll have a stalking Twilight party :yay:

I heard on the radio today that they had to hire extra security for Edward & set up mock filming times because fans were going crazy.

I'm happy that I have hours, though.
Hours are always good. At least if you want money. :thumbsup2

Hey, just booked a 3 night get away for me and hubby to Las Vegas in July. The airfare was so incredible and we got a free room at the Paris, so I am thrilled! Some of you Vegas gals will have to come meet up with me, maybe get some pool time!
That's awesome!! We'd love to meet up with you. I don't think Amy, Jane or myself do pool time, even if it is 115 degrees out, but we will plan something for sure!! :thumbsup2

Oh, and your hubby sounds like a keeper. I don't think any of us would be with our men if they weren't. :goodvibes And it's cool you'll have this get away to look forward to together.

My 65 year old coworker just asked me out on a date. :confused: I don't even know what to do with that.
Go! But only if he's got moola. ;) LOL kidding!
Maybe he just wants someone to talk to and have dinner with. Not to ahem, you know. But still, a little creepy.
Although some older men are totally hot. Sean Connery for example.
Does he have an accent? Accents always make men hotter imo.

In other news, I just started my first PTR...if you read it be kind...or at least give me good feedback on what I can do better!
Oooooh, goodie! I'll go check that out.

Hi everyone! :wave2::moped:
Hey Callie. How's the house selling going? Any nibbles?

Here is our Easter pic.. They are just to cute!!

Picture039-2.jpg
Aww Megan, thanks for sharing that. They are adorable. ALL of them. What a lucky mommy you are. :goodvibes

So I have him on lactose free formula, and he is a much happier baby!
I had to do that with my twins. It made a huge difference.

Ok, I want to do the gift exchange, but I am so clueless at these things! I wouldn't know where to begin. The theme is Summer - is that correct? DD did the tote exchange and I had so much fun with you all but I didn't do it. I was too cheekin' (to quote someone I know;)). Beth, give me some guidance and I will sign up. :)
Sure. It's easy. On the sign up thread there are instructions, and a list of questions to fill out and PM to me.

Basically the way it works, is sign ups run for a week. After they are done, each person signed up will get a name of who they are to send to. And someone else will get your name. You don't send to and receive from the same person.

You have a week to shop and get your package in the mail. The theme is summer so just think what you'd like to get for summer. One year I did it and my person sent me a beach towel, a beach ball, some flip flops, some garden sticks, some lemonade, some ice cream toppings, a summer Disney pin, etc.
It was cute and fun.

The minimum to spend is $20 and that does not include your shipping costs or any little extras or freebies should you choose to include them. Shipping will typically run you around $8-$12. I highly recommend using a Flat Rate Priority Shipping box with Delivery Confirmation. The boxes can be found at your post office for free.

Once you've mailed, just post on the thread that you sent it out. Then wait for your package to arrive. When you get yours post on the thread who it's from and what you got. (we all like to hear what everyone gets)

It's just a fun thing to do. It's not a competition so everyone please keep that in mind and don't go overboard on the freebies! LOL If you want you can sign you and Brianne up. And if you have any other questions, just let me know. :thumbsup2

By the way....................I'm back! :banana:
Welcome back! We missed you. How was it?

My medication has really been making me feel sick though so I have been having a hard time in the afternoons and not feeling up to eating dinner and then later I feel hungry so I asked Shane to go get me a shake in between Shelby's and Katy's swim so he ran up to Baskin and Robbins and this woman bought all our drinks. I couldn't believe it. He had on his Army Vet hat and we have had that happen once or twice but not in a LONG time.
I'm sorry to hear your meds are making you sick. That was really neat someone bought all your drinks. :goodvibes

:wave:

I've been fighting a sinus headache for a few days now, so hopefully I can kick it today.
YAY for being off from work. I hope you feel better. :wizard:

Theresa, my buddy, my pal. So when can I come visit you? ;)

Sure. It's easy. On the sign up thread there are instructions, and a list of questions to fill out and PM to me.

Basically the way it works, is sign ups run for a week. After they are done, each person signed up will get a name of who they are to send to. And someone else will get your name. You don't send to and receive from the same person.

You have a week to shop and get your package in the mail. The theme is summer so just think what you'd like to get for summer. One year I did it and my person sent me a beach towel, a beach ball, some flip flops, some garden sticks, some lemonade, some ice cream toppings, a summer Disney pin, etc.
It was cute and fun.

The minimum to spend is $20 and that does not include your shipping costs or any little extras or freebies should you choose to include them. Shipping will typically run you around $8-$12. I highly recommend using a Flat Rate Priority Shipping box with Delivery Confirmation. The boxes can be found at your post office for free.

Once you've mailed, just post on the thread that you sent it out. Then wait for your package to arrive. When you get yours post on the thread who it's from and what you got. (we all like to hear what everyone gets)

It's just a fun thing to do. It's not a competition so everyone please keep that in mind and don't go overboard on the freebies! LOL If you want you can sign you and Brianne up. And if you have any other questions, just let me know. :thumbsup2

Beth: I know we have a $20 minimum, plus shipping. What should be the maximum?--I don't want to be accused of going overboard :rolleyes1

Beth: I know we have a $20 minimum, plus shipping. What should be the maximum?--I don't want to be accused of going overboard :rolleyes1

Me either....the problem is, I love giving gifts, it makes me more happy than receiving. Something doesn't have to be expensive to be thoughtful and really cool! :thumbsup2

Feel free to go overboard if you get my name !:rotfl2:

LOL :lmao:

Morning! I hope everyone has a fun weekend planned. I hope you feel better soon Mary Jo.

Lazy morning here. Nolan didn't wake up until 10am! :scared1: Nathan and I had fun playing with his new road mat set I bought him. He doesn't play with cars appropriately, and I'm hoping this helps. He's fixated on labeling things, so we spent a half an hour this morning labeling every 'tree', 'bush', 'house', 'animal', 'flower', and 'people' on the mat. :rotfl: He enjoyed it, but would get mad at me if I actually wanted to push a car along the road. baby steps....at least he's talking now! :thumbsup2

DH has tomorrow off, and se we have a rare weekend day to spend together. I hope we do something fun.

Talk with you later!

Heather

Well, I don't know if I'd put an actual dollar amount on it. And some people may find really great deals on things and be able to send a lot more, for a lot less. kwim? So what might seem like a lot may still be right around the $20.

I'd just suggest being a smart shopper, looking for items on sale, and if I had to pick a number, I'd say to try to keep it under $35, not including the shipping. That's a nice enough gift for anyone, and if you are tempted to spend more, just tuck it away into your Vegas fund. ;)

Feel free to go overboard if you get my name !:rotfl2:
:rotfl2:

Me either....the problem is, I love giving gifts, it makes me more happy than receiving. Something doesn't have to be expensive to be thoughtful and really cool! :thumbsup2

Exactly. And again, the only reason I emphasize this is because we don't want it to turn into a competition or have anyone feeling they didn't do enough or spend enough. I had some PMs from ladies along those lines with the tote exchange, and that takes the fun out of it when you feel pressured. So let's keep it simple, and fun at the same time. :thumbsup2

DH has tomorrow off, and se we have a rare weekend day to spend together. I hope we do something fun.

Talk with you later!

Heather
I'm glad to hear Nathan is talking more now. That's definitely a good sign and must make you feel good too.
Enjoy your weekend with your sweetie. :goodvibes

I'm having a hard time keeping up with what all goes on in this thread. Wheres the gift exchange sign up forum? Is there more info about it there?

I'm having a hard time keeping up with what all goes on in this thread. Wheres the gift exchange sign up forum? Is there more info about it there?
Hi there! Yes, this thread can sometimes be a full time job in itself! LOL No worries, if you ever get lost just ask.

I should put a link to the sign ups in the front page. That's where I keep most of the info and updates specifically for the reason that this thread is so hard to keep up with.

In the meantime, the exchange thread is on the DL community board. Hang on and I'll get the link.........

ETA: Here ya go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2150251
And I will now go add that to the front page as well.

Hi there! Yes, this thread can sometimes be a full time job in itself! LOL No worries, if you ever get lost just ask.

I should put a link to the sign ups in the front page. That's where I keep most of the info and updates specifically for the reason that this thread is so hard to keep up with.

In the meantime, the exchange thread is on the DL community board. Hang on and I'll get the link.........

ETA: Here ya go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2150251
And I will now go add that to the front page as well.

Thanks I just PMed you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter