Girls Only Trip (old planning thread, see link to new one in 1st post)

Tracey, I know what you’re going through about your son’s baseball. I played sports my whole life and it’s super frustrating and unfair when coaches are like that. I can understand in high school (at least varsity), but when the kids are young, there is absolutely no excuse for that. If you want to win, fine, but you need to play everyone and not show favorites, especially to the coach’s own kids. I’m sorry and hugs to you and your DS. :hug:

Stacie, ugh how frustrating! I hope your instructor emails you back soon with an answer so you can a’ get to workin’! :surfweb:

DebbieLouWho! Put some aloe on that burn so it doesn’t get all peely! :headache:

Kelly, I’m sorry you’re having a hard time. Big super hugs to you! :hug:

Sounds like you had a great day with your mom. Where do they sell her flower baskets?

Stacie~ That just stinks. I hope they fix it for you soon.

Stacie, From one procrastinator to the other. I would have done it the same way! I work best under pressure. Hope you get access soon!

Deb, My Mom lives in Port Angeles. I forgot the tie in to the whole Sequim Parade thing. Makes it easy to spend Mother's day with my Mom, but doesn't leave much for celebrating my Motherhood, that's for sure. I brought home a few extra baskets if you are going to be in on the Westside anytime soon. I have two big sun baskets that are $65 +tax, and three big hanging petunia baskets that are $35+ tax each. They are all the moss lined wire baskets. The big ones have watering tubes down the middle, so that helps with the watering. They have so many plants that by high summer, I am watering every other day to keep up with them. But I really love coming home to my basket everyday. It is on my front porch and the flowers are so bright, and they smell so good when I walk by, it is an instant cheer me upper. Just let me know if you will be in the hood. :)

I was thinking that a group of us Washingtonians, plus our Canuck friend, should all meet up at Wild Waves/Enchanted Village. They have good deals all the time (but we have Annual Passes), so it wouldn't be too bad, or you can get group pricing with 12 tickets or more, ordered 2 weeks in advance for $20 each. What do you all think of that idea? We love to spend the day there, and it is pretty good for a wide range of ages, and hey, they have a beer garden too!

Ummm....What is Sweet Sunday???
It's one of the Food and Wine "special" events--they give you a brunch and then do a cooking demonstration of three desserts.

:grouphug: to everyone. I'm headed to bed but I wanted to say to Heather and Kate I hope your day got better and that tomorrow goes well too.

Sounds like those that went to Napa Rose had a nice time.

Traveling today was quite uneventful, always a good thing when you're flying... ;)

And I thought I'd share this article. They called me about an interview on Friday. http://www.edwards.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123148477 I wish they had written more on the other mom, being a single mom in the military is way harder than me in the military.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

steph

Steph: what a nice article!

I love this bag! We were at DTD yesterday and at the World of Disney but I didn't see it. :headache: I would have gotten it for sure! Darn! Hopefully it will be there when I go next time...probably in a couple of weeks with the kids since they didn't go this weekend.

Vicki--it was really nice meeting you and Bob. We also saw that bag at the store between TSMM and Maliboomer--it is VERY cute!

I was thinking that a group of us Washingtonians, plus our Canuck friend, should all meet up at Wild Waves/Enchanted Village. They have good deals all the time (but we have Annual Passes), so it wouldn't be too bad, or you can get group pricing with 12 tickets or more, ordered 2 weeks in advance for $20 each. What do you all think of that idea? We love to spend the day there, and it is pretty good for a wide range of ages, and hey, they have a beer garden too!

Hey, I'm the Canuck friend (and my hubby is a Canuck fan :rotfl2:). What is Wild Waves/Enchanged Village?? I'm thinking a water park of some sort (I know, my brilliance astounds ME sometimes too ;)).

OH, I love this bag!!!! Hmmmm, I do have a friend going next week, maybe I can talk her into getting it for me? Oh, I hope it's still there when I come out in August...

You read that right!!! I'm going to DLR for my birthday!!! :cool1::woohoo::yay:

((((((Donna)))))) She is my official tour guide. We are going to see the sites and then she's going to show me around a little. Thank you Donna. I have a treat planned for us for Dinner. :thumbsup2

The house has a 'special' wet dog odor about it. I don't think Glade should market this particular scent. :laughing: I've got the windows open while it's relatively cool out trying to get some fresh air.

I still have 10 loads of laundry to do, at least. I did 4 loads yesterday, I swear the pile is getting bigger, not smaller. ALL of DH's clothes have to be rewashed because they barely touched the floor and so they wicked water up into them.

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

You have a friend going to DL this week? I'll be there this week, maybe I'll see her/him!! :laughing:

I'm glad you're going on your birthday, I just wish I could have joined you. Stupid college move-in days!!

I hope everyone is having a good Monday, at least as good as a Monday can be. Except Stacie, sounds like the procrastinating is catching up with her. :laughing:

Rochelle, that Tink shirt is cute. Maybe they were just out of Large? The totes are special.

We'll see Star Trek next weekend. Everyone has loved it.

OT, did anyone else waste their time watching the finale to Celebrity Apprentice? Never again.

I asked the CM if the shirt came in larger sizes and she said no. :( :confused3 It's really cute. They also had one that has cut-off sleeves and is a hoodie with a long zipper in the front.

Yeahhhhhh for Steph..she's My American HeRo!:yay:

Rochelle... i saw that shirt too.. it's cute *VERY* narrow. I looked at it to deconstruct and make into a hoodie for the girls only trip...but i didn't like it was so high for a reconstruction project. Ahhhh come on Rochelle.. wear the BooTy shorTs... everybody DoeS!:rotfl:
Wendy and I fell in LOVE with the mickey ice cream bar tote!!! It's super cute:thumbsup2

I agree! The shirt looked really narrow. So did the hoodie! :( I can't rock the booty shorts look. :lmao::rotfl:

Hey he isn't so bad, but how old is he????? He might be a little young for me but he's still fun to look at! :eek:

I think he's the same age as me. I was born in 1980. Not that I'd meet him but I can dream right? :cloud9: :lmao:

I love those bags - so cute :thumbsup2

OH, I love this bag!!!! Hmmmm, I do have a friend going next week, maybe I can talk her into getting it for me? Oh, I hope it's still there when I come out in August...

The bags are really cute. :goodvibes I found them in World of Disney in the Princess section (middle of the store). I'm not sure if they carry them inside the park (I didn't have a chance to go into DL last night). You could always call Disneyland Deliv-Ears and have it shipped to your house. :) TEL: (800)362-4533 :wizard:

Good Monday Morning Ladies....hope this is a better week for everyone!!!!

Just wanted to share my Mother's Day with you all:

this is what my 8yr old made for me......it's an angel...so sweet:
mothersday009.jpg

My older boys got me 3 dozen roses that smell divine (by the way...these won't wilt & die) I thought they were beautiful!!:
mothersday010.jpg

Then I got a picture with all my kids....my oldest doesn't live here, so I held a picture of him so I had all of them!! :)
mothersday001.jpg

We didn't do anything fancy but just getting to spend time as a family was nice.

I'm sorry it wasn't so great for others...but here's to a better today!! :flower3:

Vicki--it was really nice meeting you and Bob. We also saw that bag at the store between TSMM and Maliboomer--it is VERY cute!

Thanks Cheryl! I enjoyed meeting you too. And the other great Dis Divas! It really didn't seem like it was our first meeting...I felt like I had known all of you for much longer! It was so easy to talk to you all and everyone was so nice. I had a very nice time!

Thanks for the heads up! At least there are several places selling that bag...it is so cute! Mickey Bars used to be my favorite but since I loosened my front teeth I can't eat them easily unless I have a knife and fork and what fun is that!

Good Monday Morning Ladies....hope this is a better week for everyone!!!!

Just wanted to share my Mother's Day with you all:

Then I got a picture with all my kids....my oldest doesn't live here, so I held a picture of him so I had all of them!! :)
mothersday001.jpg

What an adorable family! Thanks for sharing!

Psst...Heather hasn't watched the Apprentice yet, so don't give it away. She doesn't watch it until tonight.

Oh believe me Deb I know what you mean. When Shane was in Iraq for 15 months I was completely on my own with the 3 girls who were 2, 3 and 10 at the time so I know what you mean. There were times when they were all three sick and throwing up and I had no one to help me. My parents didn't get it and to this day my mom has never changed ONE diaper. My parents don't really babysit and they JUST now have started watching my kids for a few hours in the last few years. Lynn used to watch them so we could go out to a movie or to dinner but now that she is gone we are back to square one. So I totally feel you.

We didn't go out for the first 5 years we were married and never were away from them overnight even once until just recently. I am an only child and Shane's family is completly worthless and as I said my parents are almost as bad. They are great "financially" giving the kids presents and stuff like that but they are gone every single weekend and I am lucky if they come and see my kids at a game or anything. It is ridiculous much less ever watch them. So I get you! When I get a bad migraine though I am totally incapacitated. It feels like I am dying and I seriously have to go to the ER sometimes. Last night was one of those nights. I really could have gone but I didn't want to go on a Sunday and esp now that we don't have Lynn to watch the girls anymore and my parents are out of town I didn't want to have to drag them down there so I just dealt with the pain and let me tell you it was excrutiating. I felt like I was dying. These are not just your normal average headaches. These are debilitating and I should not even be driving because it makes me dizzy etc. So if I get a bad enough one I probably won't even go. But I have been forcing myself to go the last few times because they have missed so much practice between us being gone that whole first week when we are in Disneyland and then we stayed home two days because of half the team having swine flu. Plus the girls really need all the practice they can get. So I go even though I feel like absolute death warmed over. I don't know how single mom's do it though. If I didn't have help once in awhile I couldn't do it. But then again if I WAS single I would have to have Shane help out. I mean if he was still in their lives he would have to help or I couldn't do it. I could never do as many sports or activities without help esp with my medical issues. So I totally get where you are coming from! I want them to be able to do their stuff but unfortunately with my issues I am just not always physically able to do it by myself. If I get sick then I NEED help. I admire people like you that don't have any help and can do as much as you do I am just not one of them unfortunately.

And my Ipod is black. :)

Johns mom gets horrible migraines & his sister, sometimes they have to get a shot of something. But his mom also takes something, crud I can't remember the name of it but its for migraines.

Is it a nano?

DebbieLouWho! Put some aloe on that burn so it doesn’t get all peely! :headache:
Oh I did. My legs were crossed so I have the strangest burn on my legs.
My hands hurts. I haven't played softball in years.
Ok I am done whining now...:rotfl2:

Stacie, From one procrastinator to the other. I would have done it the same way! I work best under pressure. Hope you get access soon!
I am the same way sometimes. I love working under pressure, I love the rush of being rushed.
Deb, My Mom lives in Port Angeles. I forgot the tie in to the whole Sequim Parade thing. Makes it easy to spend Mother's day with my Mom, but doesn't leave much for celebrating my Motherhood, that's for sure. I brought home a few extra baskets if you are going to be in on the Westside anytime soon. I have two big sun baskets that are $65 +tax, and three big hanging petunia baskets that are $35+ tax each. They are all the moss lined wire baskets. The big ones have watering tubes down the middle, so that helps with the watering. They have so many plants that by high summer, I am watering every other day to keep up with them. But I really love coming home to my basket everyday. It is on my front porch and the flowers are so bright, and they smell so good when I walk by, it is an instant cheer me upper. Just let me know if you will be in the hood. :)

That would be a lot of fun.

Laurie what special gifts. I have to say that even though I loved the Ipod it was the homemade stuff that the girls made me at school that really touched me! ;) Katy made me a card and a little necklace that was a heart made out of clay that had a ribbon that ties around my neck. And then she made a little basket with flowers in it that were "coupons" for things she was going to do around the house. And then Shelby made me a tote bag with little flowers made out of buttons and those fabric flowers that you get at the fabric store but the class made them which was so sweet. She also made one of those letter that said how I was a great mom etc. So those things are so precious.

LOVE the little angel and love the family pic!! :)

Psst...Heather hasn't watched the Apprentice yet, so don't give it away. She doesn't watch it until tonight.

Opps...Sorry, I deleted some of my comments and hopefully Heather didn't see it even though I didn't say who won I think anyone who watches may be able to figure it out.

Is it a nano?

No it's the Ipod touch. It's the one that's like the Iphone. I love it. :) Now I just have to figure out how to use the dumb thing. It has so many bells and whistles. ;)

Beth--I really like your new siggie. You're a smart lady!:worship:
It's Attitude by Charles Swindoll. I've always liked it and put it there to help remind me how important attitude is.

All I care about at this moment is I SURVIVED GRADUATION and it wasn't without much effort. That is a gigantic understatement by about 6 years.
Way to go!!! :cool1: :banana: :woohoo:

I love seeing all of you at the meets though so I am going to post more often.
Good to see you here!!

And yes, I did sneak up on Ryan and snapped a picture. He saw the flash out of the corner of his eye and turned around and busted me. DD & I were laughing hysterically and he just looked at us like we were weird.:laughing:
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

and Beth--the new siggie is so true!
::yes::

I went to World of Disney and found some cute merchandise.
Rochelle, those are all so cute!! I love seeing the merchandise you post here. Almost like being there.

Anyway I hope everyone has a good day today and talk to you soon. :)
You too! I hope you feel better.

You read that right!!! I'm going to DLR for my birthday!!! :cool1::woohoo::yay:
YAY!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

To top all of this off, I had a major showdown via email with my son's coach, after he came home in tears again!
That really sucks Tracey. I hope it can be worked out.

mothersday001.jpg
Awww, what a lovely family pic.:goodvibes

Is it a nano?

No it's the Ipod touch. It's the one that's like the Iphone. I love it. :) Now I just have to figure out how to use the dumb thing. It has so many bells and whistles. ;)

You can download so many apps.
I am getting the iPhone this wk. I am not sure if I am getting the 8g or the 16g. There are so many options with it.

I have a purple Nano the boys got me for Christmas a few years ago.

What an adorable family! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you....hard to gather everyone up for pics...only the 3 & 8 yr old are hams!!!

Laurie what special gifts. I have to say that even though I loved the Ipod it was the homemade stuff that the girls made me at school that really touched me! ;) Katy made me a card and a little necklace that was a heart made out of clay that had a ribbon that ties around my neck. And then she made a little basket with flowers in it that were "coupons" for things she was going to do around the house. And then Shelby made me a tote bag with little flowers made out of buttons and those fabric flowers that you get at the fabric store but the class made them which was so sweet. She also made one of those letter that said how I was a great mom etc. So those things are so precious.

LOVE the little angel and love the family pic!! :)

I still have a couple clay ?bowls? that the boys made me when they were in grade school..... those are definately the gifts you remember. Seeing their faces when you open their gifts are priceless....so much pride!!!

Awww, what a lovely family pic.:goodvibes

Thank you.....I'm pretty happy with them!!!! :rotfl:

Oh I did. My legs were crossed so I have the strangest burn on my legs.
My hands hurts. I haven't played softball in years.
Ok I am done whining now...:rotfl2:

:rotfl: That's an interesting tan line! :lmao:

Since we're whining. My shoulder hurts and I don't know why. :confused3

Is it a nano?

Oooo, put that fancy DLR app on it!!! :yay:

this is what my 8yr old made for me......it's an angel...so sweet:
mothersday009.jpg

My older boys got me 3 dozen roses that smell divine (by the way...these won't wilt & die) I thought they were beautiful!!:
mothersday010.jpg

mothersday001.jpg

Precious!! The angel is adorable, the flowers are beautiful and your family picture is so sweet! It made me smile! :goodvibes

Good morning ladies!!

Looks like we are going to need a new thread pretty quick here...... :surfweb:

I was thinking the same thing. We're chatterboxes, yo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter