Girls-Only Trip *OLD thread* Please see link to new thread in 1st post, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
march is the next girls meet? oghhh no i gotta have one sooner.. hmm maybe i will put one together :)

Becci, Do tell on your experience of WOC!! Did you have dinner ressies? Lunchbox tickets? Or did you just get Showpasses? Would love to hear all about it!

Becci, how was your birthday trip? And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.:cutie:

Hi!! Thanks for the Birthday wishes Linda. The big day is actually tomorrow - I can't believe I've reached the big 4-0 !!:eek: But who's counting? :confused3

WOC was great! I posted a little about it on one of the WOC threads. Here is some of the info:
We did the WOC package at AG on Saturday, 6/12. We were a group of 4 adults. We decided on the veggie/cheese antipasto appetizer. I believe the other one was cheese/cured meats/fish??? They also served sourdough bread. The bread and appetizer tray was NOT the same they had on the Girl's Trip - I liked the one they served in Feb better.
All of us ordered the tri-tip and enjoyed it. ( I'm almost positive it was the exact same entree that I had there on the Girls' Trip) Three of us ordered them med-well and one well-done. All of them came out as ordered.
The dessert tray looked better than it tasted. (This also was completely different than what was served in February.) Once again not bad, but not spectacular either. But we were so full at that point also we didn't care. We all ordered soft drinks and then they also brought us coffee with our dessert (we had to ask for it though). This was all included in the 36.99 price. I have a Premier AP and they took 15% off the bill.

Our dinner ressies were for 5pm. We were seated promptly and service was good. I can't remember what time we were done but it was around 6:30. The ticket said to line up for the preferred viewing area between 7:30 - 8:30 so we decided to ride Toy Story Mania before lining up. We waited quite awhile for that ride so we didn't get to the viewing area until 7:45pm.
All the CM's in the WOC area knew were to direct us. We had to "go through" quite a few CM's before we reached the CM "in charge" of the Preferred Viewing area. Do not give up your "ticket" until the last CM! We were in the Blue section (not sure if all the preferred viewing is in that section or not). We were given the choice of "wet" or "not wet". Because we were 4 women who planned on shopping after we chose "not wet"! :) Our view was dead center, but farther back. The area was not at all crowded which was nice and we didn't have a problem seeing because of that.
Would I do it again? Yes! However, probably not with my kids. (We will stick with Fast Passes with them - or possibly the picnic meals). I have two "Disney Adults" kids, ages 10 and 12, that would not have touched anything on the appetizer platter and probably only the steak on the entree and not the potatoes or veggies. It's hard to justify spending $36.99 on them eating so little when we can get Fast Passes and get a good viewing area.

WOC was really amazing! I can't wait to see it again! :thumbsup2

Hello strangers! Things have been super-busy around here, which is great for a self-employed person. But it sure is exhausting! My house is a mess right now, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to it! I hope you are all doing well!!!

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post and then I'm off to the doctor's. I haven't been feeling well and I think I may have caught a cold :sick: My nose is running like a faucet and I cough sometimes and it ends up almost like choking and my throat feels itchy. I thought it was allergies but then it wasn't going away and got a bit worse. :headache: Hopefully it is just a small cold. I hope it goes away. I even tried Jamba Juice's Coldbuster but I don't think that did anything. I was desperate to try that! :rotfl:

I went to DL and DCA last weekend with my little sister and my cousin's DD8. It was so cool to see the park through her eyes and she really cheered me up. I was able to reclaim my love for the park for myself again. I don't know why I just felt so down when I went to the park the previous few times. I just kept thinking of my X and just ended up allowing him to ruin my time there. No more! I just told myself that this is what I love and this is MINE for myself to enjoy.

I have some pics that I will try to upload soon and share with you guys. We weren't able to watch WOC because the fastpasses for Grrr were only for the 11:15pm show and that was too late for us :( Oh well, I will try to catch it sometime :)

Hope you guys are having a good day
866p5rt.jpg

Rochelle...I recently went through a very difficult divorce. Its hard. Relationships end for various reasons. Mostly out of selfishness. That is the root cause. I found once I actually forgave my ex for what he did...and forgave myself as well (because I was to blame for things too..)..I was able to move on and be at peace. It is still hard being single. Especially a single mom of a very sensitive 5 year old daughter...but I am much happier and have a lot of peace in my life. I know that the trials and bumps in the road will lead me to where I am supposed to be.

I hope that things get easier for you. If you ever want to talk..let me know.:hug:
Thank you! I am feeling a bit better and I know that I can overcome this. :hug:

Rochelle and January--sometimes I feel bad that I'm not currently in a relationship and then I hear about stories like yours and actually I'm pretty happy having a relatively "calm" life and being able to do what I want!

I am trying to focus on doing things for myself. It's been a struggle but I am able to do things and try new things (such as my hip hop class) and am having fun. I hope to meet new people, which really does help with the healing process. At first I was sad about being single and alone but the truth is, even if I were with my X, I would still feel alone because he could never treat me right and I could never have a normal and healthy relationship with him. I do hope that down the road I meet someone great. :)

Hi ladies!! :)

I hope everyone is doing well albeit a bit busy! Summertime is a busy time with kids being home, trips to take, etc. :banana:

Well, this post is to let you all officially know that I won't be going on the trip next year. Some of you, probably most of you, already know that Ruben and I are celebrating our 40th birthdays together in June 2011 (his is in Jan. and mine is in Oct. so we are meeting in the middle).
We are hoping to take a nice long family vacation, maybe even a cruise. :yay: We'll see. But in any case it's going to take up his paid leave from work and also our travel budget for the year, sooooo no 2011 Diva trip for me.

I am very excited to take a family trip, but also really disappointed to miss out on seeing all of you, and our fun Diva tradition! :(

I was going to continue to keep up the thread even though I wasn't going, but honestly once it gets closer and the planning kicks into full swing, I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it. I just know my heart won't be in it and it will be too sad taking sign-ups and making plans for a trip I won't be attending. I hope you can all understand that. :guilty:

Having said that, I would like to announce that we have a brave volunteer who has offered to step up and take over the thread as your new "fearless leader"!!
Steph (21yankees) is now going to be maintaining the thread. YAY!!!

Thank you Steph for making sure this wonderful tradition continues and I know it's going to be a great trip in 2011 under your planning guidance.
I will still be around and posting (no, you cannot get rid of me that easily!) and if she needs any help at all, I am more than happy to assist. And although I won't be on the trip, I cannot wait to hear all about it and see the pics, and hopefully I'll be back on board in 2012. :goodvibes

I believe Steph is going to take a bit of time and work on how she wants to lay out and organize her new thread, so keep an eye out for it. I'm sure she'll post here once it's up and running.

Thanks again Steph!!! It's been my pleasure to oversee this for the past three years, but I know I leave the thread in good hands. :hug:

Beth: I understand too but :sad1:

On the other hand--Steph will do a great job!:banana:

Beth I'm sad you won't be able to make it next year. :sad1:

But yay Steph for taking over the thread. :thumbsup2

Hi ladies! I am looking forward to keeping the trip organized and hope that I can fill Beth's shoes. :goodvibes

It will probably take me a day or two to put together a new thread as I'm typing one handed.

steph

Thanks everyone. You know I am definitely going to miss you all! :grouphug: Even the first year when I thought I wasn't going to go, I was able to make it for a day. (thanks to some sneaky work on my hubby's part! lol) So it will be strange not to be there at all.

But I am excited about taking a family vacation, especially since the kids are getting older. It would be awesome if we end up taking an Alaskan cruise as that's always been a dream of mine, but whatever we do, it will be nice. :)

I know Steph is going to do wonderful!! She's already totally dedicated, typing one handed!!! :worship: :hug:

We'll miss you Beth.:sad:
I know Steph will do a great job.::yes::
So what happens to this thread when Steph gets hers up and running?

Hi ladies! I am looking forward to keeping the trip organized and hope that I can fill Beth's shoes. :goodvibes

It will probably take me a day or two to put together a new thread as I'm typing one handed.

steph

Thanks for taking over, Steph!

Sorry to hear that Beth. You will be missed :sad1:.

Thanks for taking over Steph :flower3:. Kudos to you for doing the thread with one arm. You go girl :woohoo:.

Hello to everyone else :wave:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter