Give me an AP & look what happens - 2 for 1 PTR!! NEW 3/11 p.63 TR Link

:cool1::banana: For the kittens arrival

:cheer2::cheer2: getting an ADR for Napoli, can't wait to see if you call and get 6:30 cause that would leave you with 3 ADR's to the same place:rotfl2:

I imagine if you are having italian already in the week that the Liberty Tree Tavern would be the ADR you keep for your last day, or like you said not have a sit down that day to allow for more exploring, though a little a/c on a hot day is always nice. Did I help any :lmao:

I'm not even going to bother with calling for the 6:30... I'm going to go with the 7pm ADR and cancel the 5:45. Laura's used to eating late & we'll be having a heavy lunch so it'll be fine!

And yes - I did think about the fact that we'd be having Italian twice if we eat at Tony's! I think we'll go with LTT. :thumbsup2

I had a little catching up to do.:goodvibes

Your plans look great! The F&W Festival sounds like so much fun! You guys are going to have such a good time!:thumbsup2

I'm so glad you were able to get your Via Napoli ADR!:woohoo: I think you should be fine with the 7pm reservation.

Yay for getting your new kitten! Snowy is adorable!:)

We really enjoyed our dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. I've wanted to try it for lunch as well. I've heard really great things about it!:thumbsup2

Thanks!! We're really enjoying Snowy!

I think I might have gotten the idea for LTT from your TR. :confused3

Snowy is a very beautiful cat!

Thanks Heidi!! :goodvibes

Amy...your days are shaping up....but I have to laugh at you and all the ADR ressies again....:rotfl2: you crack me up!

I'd vote to skip a TS on the last day to allow for more touring/shopping...etc since it will be a short day between checking-out, storing luggage and catching the DME bus back...

Plus I'd go w/ the 7 pm new Italy pizza place ADR..just for 2 people it should be fast and easy to snag a square inch for Illuminations...

now I'm not sure about the MK or EP night on your mostly rest day...but I'd go for seeing the MSEP...you never know if it will be there in Feb :confused3

had no clue there were 2 WPE...places...but I'd say for closeness sake for shopping just stick w/ the one in the MP.

good luck adjusting those dinning plans around...

and Snowy is just to die for :hug:

J~

I know... I'm pathetic! :headache: Here's the thing about me & ADRs... I try to build flexibility into our itinerary... at least until we get closer to the trip. I don't usually go into a trip with a bunch of extras, but I often hold onto them until a week or so before. I think it stems from my in-law issues! :laughing: They are always messing around with our plans & if I didn't book extra ADRs we'd be in trouble! Hopefully our 2011 trip will be different. :rolleyes1

Laura & I just need some time to sit down and talk it over then I'll cancel most of the extras. I suspect we'll want to skip the TS the last day. Even if we are hot and need an AC break, CS will do the trick - especially some place kind of quiet like CHH. :thumbsup2 Plus, I may have too many ADRs planned for her budget. :rolleyes1 I need to put together a spreadsheet of the ADRs we have along with our CS options & the average cost for each. Plus we really need to look over that F&W brochure to see if anything strikes our fancy!

I'm hoping we make MSEP... crossing my fingers. :goodvibes

Since this is a 2 for 1 PTR, I'm sure you'd like to hear about the other trip too!

Not much has been done for our February/March trip… But I have purchased park tickets!! :banana: On July 15th, I saw a reminder from mousesavers that prices would most likely go up in early August. Regular price with shipping would have been $874 through WDW before the increase & $926 after the increase (or $921 if we purchased at the park)! Regular prices through UT would have been $824. Discounted UT rate (used link from mousesavers) $807!! Two adult tickets (yes - Alex will be 10...:sad2:) & one child ticket!! $114 savings over buying them at the park in February!! The tickets arrived two days later on Saturday 7/17! :cool1:

Southwest airlines will be releasing tickets for our dates on August 17th. I have two appointments that morning in preparation for our trip out to the Berkshires later in the week so hopefully in between the two appointments I'll be able to swing home and check out the tickets. It's a little unpredictable when exactly they'll release the tickets. It's usually around 10 or 11am. I'm likely to purchase them the day they are released (at least the return flight since it's the Sunday of a school vacation week). I have money set aside for the purchase - but I'll use my Disney Visa to get the points then pay it right off the same day. :thumbsup2

In late August/early September I’ll make our ADRs – day by day since we’ll be staying off-site. Then we’ll have to start waiting. We won’t be able to make our resort ressie until late December. We exchange our timeshare in Maine for one in Orlando – hopefully Sheraton Vistana Resort. In the meantime I’ve made my spreadsheet including the February park hours that were released a few weeks ago. I’ve estimated the March park hours for now – hopefully they will be released around August 20th. Someone on the touring plans blog seems to think the hours are already released, but nobody seems to be able to find them. :confused3 Heidi (MRYPPNS) and I have looked at each other’s spreadsheets and seem to on the same page with our guesses for March.

I also use Tour Guide Mike to help with my planning. He has published the Least Crowded Park charts for the beginning & middle of February but not late February yet so I'm waiting for those. Then, once March park hours are released, I'll have to wait for the early March LCP charts. popcorn::

I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around itinerary planning for this trip. First – because I don’t have park hours yet :rolleyes1 & second – because I'm a little distracted by my fall trip. :rolleyes1 But ADR day is quickly approaching!! Oh well… you know me, I’ll just make a bunch of extras! :rotfl:

Here are some photos of Sheraton Vistana Resort, where we hope to stay again for this trip. SVR Photos from their website (sorry about the tiny ones):
SVRbr.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

SVRPool.jpg

Some pictures I took (sorry some are dark & fuzzy):
Living room:
100_0526.jpg

Kitchen:
100_0527.jpg

Dining Room:
100_0531.jpg

Master Bedroom:
100_0534.jpg

Whirlpool/Tub in master bedroom:
100_0535.jpg

Second bedroom:
100_0530.jpg

100_0528.jpg

Second bathroom:
100_0535.jpg

100_0532.jpg

Lots more pictures here: http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/sheraton_vistana_resort/photos.jsp
(We stayed in the Lakes section last time... not sure which section we’ll request this time.)

Up next: More on our fall plans - goals for each park!

Amy...I think the inital plans for Feb/March 2011 look pretty good....you're and 'ol PRO at this now...

tough planning things 180 out when you are going the beginning of a month...

I am so glad you found a great timeshare you like and really hope you can book it yet again...but I still say have the boys (or you) draw some Disney pictures to hang on the walls....;)

so beyond, dates, spreadsheets, booking flights and ADR's....

do you have any starter goals for this trip?

and I know the "pain" of that added "adult" ticket...I have 2 now :sad2:

J~

It's amazing how quickly you can start dropping TS meals from your plans when you actually write out the cost for that meal vs. a CS meal. Or even just comparing costs between TS restaurants.

I'll be watching your PTR closely to see when your window opens for ADR's and park hours, cause mine should open shortly there after. And I think I'm going to use your way of doing things, I'll book several:lmao: ADR's :cool1:for our trip and will also have to do that day by day thing.:sad2::)

Does Disney pretty much keep the same days with EMH? Because I'm trying to avoid parks on EMH days...to avoid crowds

Amy...I think the inital plans for Feb/March 2011 look pretty good....you're and 'ol PRO at this now...

tough planning things 180 out when you are going the beginning of a month...

I am so glad you found a great timeshare you like and really hope you can book it yet again...but I still say have the boys (or you) draw some Disney pictures to hang on the walls....;)

so beyond, dates, spreadsheets, booking flights and ADR's....

do you have any starter goals for this trip?

and I know the "pain" of that added "adult" ticket...I have 2 now :sad2:

J~

I'm not too worried about planning for the beginning of a month. Disney's been good about getting the park hours out pretty early lately. The hours have been posted around the 20th for both of the last two months. Hopefully Tour Guide Mike will get his crowd charts published just as quickly.

We do have some goals... I'll get around to specifics in time. I think our major, overall goal is to avoid tag-alongs! :rotfl:

Alex is so small I feel like we could easily fudge his age for park tickets & dining, but I wouldn't want to put him in a position of either lying or turning us in! I don't mind paying for his park ticket so much, it's the buffets that are bugging me - he eats like a bird and probably won't eat a thing from the regular buffet - it'll all be from the little kids section (chicken nuggets & not much else).

It's amazing how quickly you can start dropping TS meals from your plans when you actually write out the cost for that meal vs. a CS meal. Or even just comparing costs between TS restaurants.

::yes::

I'll be watching your PTR closely to see when your window opens for ADR's and park hours, cause mine should open shortly there after. And I think I'm going to use your way of doing things, I'll book several:lmao: ADR's :cool1:for our trip and will also have to do that day by day thing.:sad2::)

Does Disney pretty much keep the same days with EMH? Because I'm trying to avoid parks on EMH days...to avoid crowds

I'm going to try not to overbook ADRs this time since our plans shouldn't be moving around as much as years past... but we'll see... I've managed to book twice as many ADRs as needed for my fall trip & those plans are set in stone! :rolleyes1

Good question about the EMHs... Heidi & I have both tried to guess what they would look like for March but based on the TouringPlans best/worst parks, it seems as though there may be some changes? Ask me again after the March hours come out...

we do have some goals... I'll get around to specifics in time. I think our major, overall goal is to avoid tag-alongs! :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Alex is so small i feel like we could easily fudge his age for park tickets & dining, but i wouldn't want to put him in a position of either lying or turning us in! I don't mind paying for his park ticket so much, it's the buffets that are bugging me - he eats like a bird and probably won't eat a thing from the regular buffet - it'll all be from the little kids section (chicken nuggets & not much else).

yes i'm not sure how this will play out on our end either...

You never know though maybe in the next 6 months he'll hit some growth spurt and surprise you...nathan really in the last yr has let some of his rigid eating habits go a bit and is eating things he would never have touched like lasangna and potatoes....

j~

That was so smart to buy your tickets before the price increase.
Paying adult prices for a 10 year old is really ridiculous, especially when they're still eating off of the kid's menu. I wish Disney would change the age of an "adult" to 12. I think that's a bit better than 10.

Hi Amy!

Your fall "girls" trip looks like it's shaping up! Your ADR's and park plans sound awesome! I think I need to look into planning a "girls only" trip to WDW!

I would be distracted by a fall trip too....so exciting! :banana: for purchasing park tickets.

Yay for purchasing your park tickets for your Feb/March trip!! That's so exciting!!!:yay::yay:

The Sheraton Vistana Resort looks amazing! I hope you are able to stay there again!!:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!:goodvibes

yes i'm not sure how this will play out on our end either...

You never know though maybe in the next 6 months he'll hit some growth spurt and surprise you...nathan really in the last yr has let some of his rigid eating habits go a bit and is eating things he would never have touched like lasangna and potatoes....

j~

I think we are going to skip all of the buffets/character meals, except maybe one this time around. Alex has always chosen Chef Mickey's as his favorite restaurant but he says it's because of the chicken nuggts not the characters! :rotfl: I assured him that we could see characters elsewhere and he said, "Disney isn't about characters, it's about food & rides!" :lmao: Needless to say, he's a big fan of Disney chicken nuggets! :rolleyes1

That was so smart to buy your tickets before the price increase.
Paying adult prices for a 10 year old is really ridiculous, especially when they're still eating off of the kid's menu. I wish Disney would change the age of an "adult" to 12. I think that's a bit better than 10.

We were planning to set money aside from DH's August bonus for airfare & park tickets so I figured why not buy them on my Disney Visa to get the points & pay it right off with his bonus. :thumbsup2 I'll do the same with the airfare next week. :banana:

Yes - Ten seems a bit young for the adult menu, but I've heard people argue it the other way. There are nine year olds who don't want to eat off the kids menu & are stuck doing so with the DDP. :confused3

I've done my research and it seems as though as long as it's not a fixed price meal, kids of any age can order off the kids menu.

Hi Amy!

Your fall "girls" trip looks like it's shaping up! Your ADR's and park plans sound awesome! I think I need to look into planning a "girls only" trip to WDW!

I would be distracted by a fall trip too....so exciting! :banana: for purchasing park tickets.

I highly recommend a girls only trip... The planning has been so fun & I'm sure the trip will be just as much fun!

I agree... :cool1: for the park tickets!!

Yay for purchasing your park tickets for your Feb/March trip!! That's so exciting!!!:yay::yay:

The Sheraton Vistana Resort looks amazing! I hope you are able to stay there again!!:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!:goodvibes

Hi Angie! It was very exciting to buy the tickets!!

I hope we get Vistana too - it is so close to the parks! But I really won't complain if we get either Sheraton resort or any of the Marriotts. They are all really nice!

Hi there :wave: Hopping over from my PTR!

Your plans for both trips are looking great and Snowy is adorable! :goodvibes

After a slight delay... I broke a glass in the kitchen & had some serious clean-up to deal with :headache:... I wanted to give you all a little update about our 2011 trip.

Tim & I were discussing ADRs this weekend (for as long as he'd play along) & he thought we should first talk about when we are going to Jeff's... I figured we'd see Jeff from Thursday - Sunday then head to Orlando to check-in sometime Sunday afternoon. He thought we should take off first thing Sunday & hit a park!! :banana: So we might have a 7th park day!! :cool1:

Also - Today Tim had the conversation with Jeff about us visiting for a few days then heading off to Orlando to "do our own thing". :rolleyes1 And according to Tim, he was totally cool with it!! :banana:

Now if I could just get those March park hours!! popcorn::

Up next: Park goals for DHS

Yeah for no tag alongs! Don't let that change.

I'm thinking this Friday or the following Friday for hours.

Tim & I were discussing ADRs this weekend (for as long as he'd play along).

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: This cracked me up because Charles has such a short attention span when it comes to planning Disney trips!

I think you are going to have such a great trip with no tag-alongs. You won't have to worry about anyone throwing a wrench in your plans.

Yeah for no tag alongs! Don't let that change.

I'm thinking this Friday or the following Friday for hours.

Please be this Friday! Please be this Friday! :flower3:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: This cracked me up because Charles has such a short attention span when it comes to planning Disney trips!

I think you are going to have such a great trip with no tag-alongs. You won't have to worry about anyone throwing a wrench in your plans.

It kind of cracked me up that he wanted to talk about it at all... and he had some nice suggestions for some new dining options. :thumbsup2

Yay I found you!!! I won't lurk this time LOL! Snowy is SOOOO cute! I hope you get his brother too but if not.. he will adjust in no time.... you can try putting him in a smaller room at night so he's not so overwhelmed with his litterbox and a clock under a blanket or stuffed animal (soothing heart beat)....

Port Orleans Riverside is gorgeous! I stayed at POFQ my last visit (in 2005 :sad1: ) and LOVED the landscaping and the boat ride and.. well.. EVERYTHING!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter