Give me an AP & look what happens - 2 for 1 PTR!! NEW 3/11 p.63 TR Link

Your plans for no tag alongs sounds great.

Can't wait to see your DHS goals.:)

Thanks!! I'm optimistic for a tag-along-free vacation! :rotfl:

Yay I found you!!! I won't lurk this time LOL! Snowy is SOOOO cute! I hope you get his brother too but if not.. he will adjust in no time.... you can try putting him in a smaller room at night so he's not so overwhelmed with his litterbox and a clock under a blanket or stuffed animal (soothing heart beat)....

Port Orleans Riverside is gorgeous! I stayed at POFQ my last visit (in 2005 :sad1: ) and LOVED the landscaping and the boat ride and.. well.. EVERYTHING!:)

Yay!! I'm glad to hear Snowy has gotten you out of lurkdom. ;)

POR looks gorgeous... but I don't think we can beat the location of BWI!! :banana: And I'm excited that we can still take the boat to DHS.

keep up the no tag along mantra...

and hoping Friday will be your March hours reveal pixiedust:

Friday! Friday! Friday! :cool1:

I've decided to sub in and follow along because I'm all about girls-only trips and we're also planning to visit around the same time in March! can't wait to hear what else you've got planned! And I'm hoping for Friday right along with you :banana:

I've decided to sub in and follow along because I'm all about girls-only trips and we're also planning to visit around the same time in March! can't wait to hear what else you've got planned! And I'm hoping for Friday right along with you :banana:

"You want thingamabobs? I've got twenty!" -- Love your DIS name!

Okay, okay! (panting) I finally made it!! :yay:

So thrilled to read about BWI! Those rooms look so pretty... and of course, you can't beat that walk to World Showcase during F&W!! :thumbsup2

Kathy

POR looks gorgeous... but I don't think we can beat the location of BWI!! :banana: And I'm excited that we can still take the boat to DHS.

:

DOH look how dumb I am.. I should catch up BEFORE posting. That's right you're going to BWI.. omg I've visited there and I am SO jealous! That is my "dream resort"... I'm looking fwd to MANY photos so I can live vicariously ;)

Hey Amy! :wave:

I didn't realize you had another (or is it two?) trips for this year! :cool1: I think I'll have an easier time keeping up on this thread than I will on your TR. :rolleyes1

:welcome: Thanks for reading!! Glad to have you along.

Friday, Friday, Friday!!! :cool1:

"You want thingamabobs? I've got twenty!" -- Love your DIS name!

:thumbsup2

Okay, okay! (panting) I finally made it!! :yay:

So thrilled to read about BWI! Those rooms look so pretty... and of course, you can't beat that walk to World Showcase during F&W!! :thumbsup2

Kathy

Finally... :rolleyes1 It wouldn't be a PTR without you. :goodvibes

DOH look how dumb I am.. I should catch up BEFORE posting. That's right you're going to BWI.. omg I've visited there and I am SO jealous! That is my "dream resort"... I'm looking fwd to MANY photos so I can live vicariously ;)

:rotfl: That's OK... I'll do my best to provide lots of pictures for you!

Hey Amy! :wave:

I didn't realize you had another (or is it two?) trips for this year! :cool1: I think I'll have an easier time keeping up on this thread than I will on your TR. :rolleyes1

Yes - Two trips in the works... This is going to be a great Disney year!! :yay: The TR is all finished up so take your time getting caught up - I think it's already over in the Completed TRs.

Back to the 2010 trip...

Our first park will be DHS on our arrival day. We hope to get there early enough to get a FP for TSM, but I'm not holding my breath... especially on a Fantasmic day! Second best would be if they add a second Fantasmic... then we'll try to ride TSM during one of the shows and see the other. I really want to ride, but don't want to spend a whole hour of precious time in line... so we'll see.

The other change is that I was able to get a later ADR for 50s PTC. Instead of 4:35 I got 5:50. :thumbsup2 That will give us more flexibility for lunch.

Here are our other goals for the park:

Definite:
• The Magic of Disney Animation (allow 45 minutes)
• Studios Backlot Tour (17 minute ride)
• Beauty & The Beast – Live on Stage (10 minute intro/25 minute show) – sit on right - 11:30am, 12:45, 2:00, 4:00 & 5:45pm (Plus 7pm on Thursdays)
• The Great Movie Ride (3 minute intro/18 minute ride)
• Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster – Single Rider Line
• Dinner at 5:50pm (50’s PTC)
• Fantasmic at 8pm (or 2nd show if added)

Maybes:
• TSM if possible – grab FPs upon arrival if available (or visit during F! if there are two shows)
• Muppet Vision 3-D
• Indiana Jones (30 minute show)
• Journey into Narnia – if Laura wants
• Tower of Terror

No:
• Walt Disney – One Man’s Dream – CLOSED :sad1:
• Laura won’t ride ToT or RnRC

continued next update...

I also wanted to fill you in on my fancy airfare re-booking that I almost pulled off today...

With all the chatter out there about the great Southwest sales, I decided to check it out. Our flights from Manchester to Orlando on September 30th were down to $79 from our original $134!! The return flight was down to $154 from $193!! The problem is that I had used some small SW credits that were due to expire in October... so I knew that when I cancelled & rebooked my flights, the remaining credit would expire in October - that wouldn't do me any good. However, I had told Laura that I would buy any credits she had if our flights went down.

She & I went to lunch today & I told her about it. I had her itineraries so she told me to go ahead and do whatever I wanted with them. I thought it through and here's what I planned:

I could cancel my two flights & rebook them using the credit, leaving two left over credits of $55 and $39 that expire in Oct. Then I could cancel & rebook her two flights using my October expiring credits first, then using her credits for the balance - for which I would pay her ($55 & $39 = $94). I could then reuse her credits - which would be $110 & $78 since I used my credits on her flights... does that make sense?

Part one worked fine - I cancelled & rebooked my flights and had two credits left over for $55 and $39. However, apparently if you already paid for Early Bird Check-in, you lose that $10 in the process and have to pay it again... oh well...

Then I tried to rebook her flight down for $79 and it had gone up to $139! Bummer! But at least I hadn't cancelled her flight down yet - I always open two browsers and rebook the flight all the way to the payment screen before cancelling the original flight.

So I moved on to the second flight. It was still available for $154 so I booked it and cancelled her original flight. When I got to the payment screen, I entered my two credits. Perfect - no problem! Then I entered her credit to pay the balance... but it was using hers up first and not using mine anymore... Hmmm... :confused3 So I decided that since I'm definitely booking flights next week, I'll use my credits and pay the difference on my credit card. Old October expiring credits gone! :thumbsup2 $200 credit available for me to use next week... with a May expiration date. So she saved $39, which ended up only being $29 since I had to pay for the Early Bird Check in again... I'll write Laura a check for $29 & we'll be square. She saved $29 and I got to use up my old October credits, saving $84 in the process!! :cool1:

I'm really hoping there will be another chance to rebook her flight down... I feel bad that I was able to rebook mine & not hers... and I used up my old credits on her flights... But at least we both saved some money. I plan to cover the mousekeeping envelopes and some other miscellaneous expenses during the trip so I guess that makes up for it.

FYI for anyone out there who uses Southwest a lot... credits will become non-transferrable as of January 28th. You'll only be able to use them for the person they were originally purchased for. :sad2:

Lastly... Does anyone know when I should expect our ME documents? Is it still 45 days out? We booked our resort through Orbitz which included ME service. I filled out the ME info but I'm a bit concerned that it won't all work out correctly since this isn't the normal procedure... I want to know when to worry...

Great goals! Maybe you will get lucky, the park will be dead, and there will only be a twenty minute wait for TSM! :wizard:

Hurray for saving some money on your flight -- hope Laura's comes down again.

Great goals! Maybe you will get lucky, the park will be dead, and there will only be a twenty minute wait for TSM! :wizard:

Hurray for saving some money on your flight -- hope Laura's comes down again.

20 minute wait for TSM on a Fantasmic day... maybe? :rolleyes1

I hope flights come down again for Laura... but they need to do so before next Tuesday! Otherwise the credit won't do much good.

Well that was some great savings, even if your whole plan didn't work. :)

Your DHS plans look great:thumbsup2

Great park goals!
And yay on saving money on your flight :banana:
Hopefully, Laura's flight will come down as well.

So I decided to check the Southwest website this morning and low & behold... Our flight down to Orlando on 9/30 was back down to $79!!

I double checked & triple checked then rebooked Laura's flight! :banana: So now we've each saved $84 and I used up my old credits!! :banana::banana:

Signing on for your PTR! How great to have two trips in the works. I am going on a girls trip in September as well (9/11 to 9/16). Glad you got to upgrade to the Boardwalk. I love that place and would love to stay there.

BTW - your kitten is adorable.

That is FANTASTIC :yay:

:banana::banana:

Signing on for your PTR! How great to have two trips in the works. I am going on a girls trip in September as well (9/11 to 9/16). Glad you got to upgrade to the Boardwalk. I love that place and would love to stay there.

BTW - your kitten is adorable.

:welcome: I've seen you around a lot of the same report I read! Thanks for reading along!

We've had our kitty just over a week & he already feels like part of the family! :goodvibes

Yay for girls only trips!! :cool1:

That is amazing!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I was sooo surprised & excited to see the $79 fare this morning!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter