• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Giving Thanks and Getting Fit - November Exercise Challenge!!

Welcome to the first day of the November Challenge!!

Let's get our month started off with a toast!

Winnie the Pooh .jpg

May our month be filled with encouragement, laughter, and good health - all in the company of friends! Oh, and thousands of minutes of exercise! :woohoo:

To start off our first Sunday of giving thanks: I am thankful for the gorgeous weather we continue to have here in Denver. Low 70's for the first part of November is pretty awesome! I will try to savor every moment, because it's going to change very soon! :cold:

fall.jpg

Here's to a great November everyone - Cheers!!

cheers.jpg

On the board with 45 minutes - completed week 6 of c25k and some stretching. 45/1100

@Dentam, love the picture. Hasn't it been just absolutely wonderful here in Colorado these last couple of months? Kind of makes up for our rainy May.

I'm thankful to have a family that encouraged me to get a good education and supported me in that endeavor. As a result, I've been able to have a great career that gives me enough vacation and money to do stuff like book quick trips to WDW and Disneyland for special events like the Star Wars 10K!

Starting off the month strong with 86 minutes running, 13 minutes walking, and 21 minutes, for a total of...

120/2000

I'm thankful that I grew up (and currently live) in a city with so much opportunity. Last week I got to visit the NYC Marathon expo, which was very inspiring and interesting. My favorite museum is the Met. All of this is accessible to me by public transportation. There's really nothing that you can't experience in NY, and I'm grateful to have these opportunities.

I'm going with a lower goal this month that focuses totally on my running. I want to get 45 min in three days a week. So whatever my run workout is plus the walking or weights that go with it. Anything else will be gravy. Dec I will amp up as I hit longer mileage in my 10k training. 585 for Nov.

I started off with 45 today.

45/585

Oh and I forgot my "thankful" Sunday thing!

I'm thankful for my beautiful daughter. She turned 3 yesterday, is potty trained, sleeping in a big girl bed and this morning learned how to ride a big girl training wheel bike! So much to learn and she's doing so great!
image.jpg

I've miss guys.

I'm working on fighting my way back to being a bit closer to being the person I want to be. Which is someone who is about more than the job.

So, please put me down for 800 minutes.

today I am thankful for my female runner buddies. I have a good community of friends who are all runners of diffent abilities and they don't even all know each other, but they are ALL awesome and inspiring and a great source of motivation.

There's power in community.

@Dentam, love the picture. Hasn't it been just absolutely wonderful here in Colorado these last couple of months? Kind of makes up for our rainy May.

Yes, it's been wonderful! I was hoping it would be like this after the long weeks of rain in May followed by all the hail storms throughout June! Basically everyone in my neighborhood has had to replace their roofs from the last hail storm in late June that caused a lot of damage. I'm still waiting to see if my landlord will have ours replaced too - running out of good weather to get it done though I'm afraid!

I'm not sure how I'll do this month with our trip to DL and the holidays, but at least I'll start the month strong! Today was my last long run before Avengers weekend! It went really well. Notice I didn't say fast;). I've been struggling with major knee pain that only comes on during long runs. My physical therapist changed up some of my exercises, and it really seems to have helped. I stayed pain free for 13 miles! I was only supposed to go 12, but I was so happy to still be feeling good that I tacked on another mile. I walked a mile to cool down as well. So, with my pre-run PT (10 minutes) warm-up (10 minutes) running (145 minutes) cool down (20 minutes) and stretching (10 minutes) I'm at 195/1700!

I'm thankful that I'm healthy and that I turned my health around 6 years ago starting a weight loss journey.

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting @Dentam! Please put me down for 800. 105/800 Walking.

As I walk and jog, I am grateful for my abilities, I am thankful for air travel and the variety of modes of getting around. I look forward to the bus, monorail, train or boat options that await me next week!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter