Gold pass from shades of green

LisaB

DIS Veteran
Has anyone gotten a gold pass from Shades without being a Florida resident?

A Florida resident or a DVC member can get a gold pass regardless of resort but cannot purchase at a resort. As far as I am aware there is no gold pass available just based on staying at Shades of Green or being a member of the military. If staying at Shades of Green, you can get the platinum or platinum plus AP for about a $50 discount (which is less than the DVC discount on those APs) . If you are simply asking whether you can purchase the ticket itself with the DVC discount when you arrive at Shades of Green, you might try, but as noted above, SOG may not have any access to the ticket and considering that it cannot be purchased at any other resort but only in advance at guest relations or park ticket booth, it would seem SOG will likely not be able to sell it despite access to other discounted tickets.

Last edited:
Shades of green has the FL gold pass listed on their price list of tickets they sell at their ticket office. I do not think it applies for DVC, I asked here before and was told no. I think the best way to to find out is to email the ticket office, their email address is on the shades of green website or ask in person when you are there next. I am going to ask them in person February when I’m at WDW to see if I get a different answer. The advantage buying it there is obviously the tax free perk. D

If you are eligible to buy from SOG (I am, staying there in January), you can buy the listed tickets.
I was going to buy the Florida resident Gold AP (it's a little cheaper, but not all that much, about $25) so I had asked about it.
If you are eligible to buy from SOG, then you can buy whatever is on their list.

If you are eligible to buy from SOG (I am, staying there in January), you can buy the listed tickets.
I was going to buy the Florida resident Gold AP (it's a little cheaper, but not all that much, about $25) so I had asked about it.
If you are eligible to buy from SOG, then you can buy whatever is on their list.
I don’t believe that is what it is saying.

I would assume that you need to be both military AND a Florida Resident to activate it. Just like you need to activate Military tickets purchased at local bases throughout the US, and like DVC needs to show their DVC cards to activate the Gold pass. You can buy it, but you likely would not be able to activate it, it still says Florida Resident Pass, doesn't it?

I would assume that you need to be both military AND a Florida Resident to activate it. Just like you need to activate Military tickets purchased at local bases throughout the US, and like DVC needs to show their DVC cards to activate the Gold pass. You can buy it, but you likely would not be able to activate it, it still says Florida Resident Pass, doesn't it?
Per their website, Shades of Green will not sell a FL Resident ticket/pass to a non-resident. They require proof of residency at the time of purchase. As I posted earlier, SoG most likely can't sell the DVC Gold Pass so the OP is probably out of luck with purchasing from SoG.

I don’t believe that is what it is saying.

Well, to buy a Florida resident ticket of any kind, you have to be a Florida resident. But they are available to all FL residents.

To buy non-florida resident tickets at SOG, you have to be qualified to buy tickets at SOG. "Regular" people can't go in there and purchase their tickets. They have length-of-stay passes at a good price- but you have to show ID or be qualified to stay at SOG to purchase them.

But of course, for questions they can be emailed or called directly and I could be wrong that they require people to have military ID or be qualified to stay at SOG- otherwise, wouldn't everybody just go there to buy their tickets all the time?

Well, to buy a Florida resident ticket of any kind, you have to be a Florida resident. But they are available to all FL residents.

To buy non-florida resident tickets at SOG, you have to be qualified to buy tickets at SOG. "Regular" people can't go in there and purchase their tickets. They have length-of-stay passes at a good price- but you have to show ID or be qualified to stay at SOG to purchase them.
View attachment 444803

But of course, for questions they can be emailed or called directly and I could be wrong that they require people to have military ID or be qualified to stay at SOG- otherwise, wouldn't everybody just go there to buy their tickets all the time?
Point is you not only need to be be military qualified to buy the resident tickets, but ALSO Florida residents.
Your post made it sound as though any military personnel staying at Shades could purchase the resident tickets.

You said you might buy the FL resident ticket. Do you live in Florida?

Yes, I live in Florida most of the year.

What I meant was that you don't have to be military to buy the Florida resident passes- but you have to be eligible to buy the tickets there. Does that make sense? I am staying there in January, and I can buy the tickets from SOG. I am not active military, so can't buy the military salute tickets, but I CAN buy the stars & stripes tickets. Or the Florida resident tickets, etc. It took much quite a bit of time talking with them to figure out what I wanted and needed!

I'm a veteran, a Florida resident, and can stay in January and September on my own and by my (non-military) discounted ticket. My son is active military, and can buy the military discounted tickets- but must be with me if I use one of those.

It was just easier to buy a Gold AP and not think about it.

Yes, I live in Florida most of the year.

What I meant was that you don't have to be military to buy the Florida resident passes- but you have to be eligible to buy the tickets there. Does that make sense? I am staying there in January, and I can buy the tickets from SOG. I am not active military, so can't buy the military salute tickets, but I CAN buy the stars & stripes tickets. Or the Florida resident tickets, etc. It took much quite a bit of time talking with them to figure out what I wanted and needed!

I'm a veteran, a Florida resident, and can stay in January and September on my own and by my (non-military) discounted ticket. My son is active military, and can buy the military discounted tickets- but must be with me if I use one of those.

It was just easier to buy a Gold AP and not think about it.
Okay, well I’m not sure I still understand, but thank you for your service!!!!

Certainly not everyone falls in your category however, as many that stay at Shades are not also FL residents.
Your post implied otherwise.

ETA: Personally I would support it if Disney gave all Military personnel all the Florida benefits, regardless of where you live.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter