Golf carts at FW Cabins

takstarr

Earning My Ears
Hey guys... I am sure I already know the answer to this but need you all to help verify... a friend of mine is planning a trip in Dec 2017 to WDW. I suggested the cabins at FW for their family of 6 to give them an option that would meet their needs and also an away from it all feeling. She just called me and said her travel agent told her golf carts (rented or brought from home) were not allowed at the cabins... only the campsites. I assured her that this had to be inaccurate information. There hasn't been a change that I am unaware of has it?

There are plugs built up by the main road at both the cabin sites and camp sites. They are there to make it easy to plug in and charge the golf carts each night. The OP's TA got some bad info.

Bama Ed

If rented from an off site vendor there are a few hoops you have to go through. You must meet the vendor off site (I think it's1 mile off Disney property- not FW but Disney Property itself) for pick up and delivery and bring the cart in and back yourself. I have used Kenny's Tee Time and will again I OCT and they will let you use their truck. They will also arrange a pick up and drop off if you don't have your own way there.

If they aren't allowed at the Cabins then I think a lot of people are in trouble, because I have seen a lot of them over at the cabins.

they will let you use their truck.
We rented from Tee Time last trip. They really would much rather you use your own vehicle if possible. For me it wasn't a huge issue, other than I had to get a 2" ball for my hitch and swap out the 1 7/8" ball. Fortunately it was less than $20 and I already had the wrench for it. I do carry the smaller ball in the truck anyway (as the TT uses the WD Hitch, and I have no intention of swapping out that ball. )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter