GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

Disney Park Pass availability suggests possible dates for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' Annual Passholder previews

Disney Park Pass availability for EPCOT is becoming increasingly scarce during the middle of May 2022, leading up to the May 27 debut of 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind.'

The latest Park Pass availability calendar shows no availability for EPCOT on May 10, 16, 18, 19, 20, and 21.

EPCOT Park Pass Availability at capacity for May 27 for Passholders
All other parks area still have passes available on those dates, and EPCOT is typically the last park to reach Park Pass capacity. This suggests that Disney may be blocking out passholder availability to assign to previews for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind.'

Disney is yet to confirm dates for the passholder previews, but has said that they are coming.
I saw posted the same calendar yesterday. It does mean they haven't changed it since then. Seems like too few days to me but what do I know. Mostly wishful thinking that they have more

I'm beginning to wonder if they won't release the AP dates on Monday, and the D23 on Tuesday.
Though I'd prefer tomorrow. It's a slower day

I’m sure there were a lot of new passholders too during those couple months when they were selling passes. This is the first preview they’ve had because the Ratatouille sign-ups were already gone by the time passes went on sale. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the newbies are snatching up park reservations in the hopes that they’ll get a preview spot, not realizing the park reservation comes with it. Or people who just weren’t interested in Ratatouille so didn’t pay attention to how that went, since that was the first preview since park reservations have been a thing. It seems like there is a ton of excitement for this ride.

I'm beginning to wonder if they won't release the AP dates on Monday, and the D23 on Tuesday.
That’s exactly what I’m thinking. D23 sells things on Fridays all the time. Why push until Tuesday?

I’m sure there were a lot of new passholders too during those couple months when they were selling passes. This is the first preview they’ve had because the Ratatouille sign-ups were already gone by the time passes went on sale. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the newbies are snatching up park reservations in the hopes that they’ll get a preview spot, not realizing the park reservation comes with it. Or people who just weren’t interested in Ratatouille so didn’t pay attention to how that went, since that was the first preview since park reservations have been a thing. It seems like there is a ton of excitement for this ride.
Guardians is WAYYYYYY more popular a product than Remy, bless the rat's little heart.
I know we are over the moon excited for it. To the point where we've booked opening weekend AND are coming for preview, provided we get a spot. Even if they are a week or so apart.
If the ride is even half as good as the one done out in DL then it may be the best ride at WDW.

Initially I didn't realize AP Previews will come with EPCOT reservation. I have EPCOT reservations for 4 of the days.

I’m assuming you mean May. Those are my exact dates too. It’s looking really promising that the preview will fall over them with the park reservations gone then.
Our dates as well..... rates at Swan were really good that week (slow) back in Nov when we booked it. Even now they aren't pretty good compared with pre-COVID, but about $80 more than we booked it for.

Just hope this isn't big enough to get AP holders to come down just for one ride. I'd like crowd levels to be much better than they were in Feb... even if the weather isn't.

Guardians is WAYYYYYY more popular a product than Remy, bless the rat's little heart.
I know we are over the moon excited for it. To the point where we've booked opening weekend AND are coming for preview, provided we get a spot. Even if they are a week or so apart.
If the ride is even half as good as the one done out in DL then it may be the best ride at WDW.
I'm not sure about calling it the best ride in WDW, but it being an original attraction and not a clone is exciting to me. I'm just worried that it got put through budget cuts with everything else and won't be as cool as anticipated.

Our dates as well..... rates at Swan were really good that week (slow) back in Nov when we booked it. Even now they aren't pretty good compared with pre-COVID, but about $80 more than we booked it for.

Just hope this isn't big enough to get AP holders to come down just for one ride. I'd like crowd levels to be much better than they were in Feb... even if the weather isn't.
I’m hoping those who don’t get a spot cancel their trips lol. I have a split stay booked and really want one hotel for my whole trip and would love to see some cancellations. I’ve heard the parks have been super crowded lately so I don’t think it’ll make too much of a difference. The following week is a holiday so the crowds should be higher then

I'm not sure about calling it the best ride in WDW, but it being an original attraction and not a clone is exciting to me. I'm just worried that it got put through budget cuts with everything else and won't be as cool as anticipated.
I'm sure our opinion won't be shared by many. Just that we love Mission Breakout at DL, even if they just did an overlay on ToT. It's that awesome. If this ride is half as good, yeah, it will blow most the rest of the rides out of the water, for us. Now, will it be that good? No idea. I purposely avoid all news on new rides, or as much as I can. I don't want to see anything in advance. I want to go in to them with no preconceived notions of what it should be, what to expect. I go in to them cold. So I can form opinions from scratch. Even easier when the ride is totally new, and not a clone as you say. So we'll see.

since I work Noon-730 on Monday I suspect it will go live at noon monday and be sold out by the time I'm on break at 3
Though we all know Disney and consistent they are not so who is to say everyone who did Remy expects a reservation will be included when you book a preview only for them to turn around and say you need to HAVE a reservation in order to book the preview

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter