GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

rode twice on Wednesday 10 am report time for DVC preview. Actually went in before 10. What a ride! This one is going to be very popular.

There was a code V right before the second ride, they had to shut it down temporarily for cleanup.

We rode today for 10 am preview for AP.. Start to finish was about 40 minutes with the line starting back at Connections Cafe. Told at check in there were no re rides. We absolutely loved the ride. I don’t ride roller coasters usually except SDD and 7D, but this was pure fun and I was not scared or felt sick. DH can get motion sickness—he does any coaster but cannot do FOP or Mission Space and has to close his eyes for parts of Remy. He was totally fine with the coaster. He did take Dramamine before and ate a ginger candy just in case but neither of us had any issues. We did request the first row—we did end up as the last car at the launch but I think we ended up being the front for most of the ride later. Would absolutely pay for an ILL for it.

Hi I just called the Photopass line because we rode Guardains May 9th in the morning the cast member told me that it was in a testing phase and was not fully operational until May 9th at 2:50pm and that those who received the photos before that time were lucky. She also told me to call back once the ride is fully operational and that they may be able to search the photos then? IS this information others have received as well just curious such a bummer we did not get the photo but appreciate we got to ride 2 times that day

How are the drops specifically on this? I very much dislike the drop on 7DMT (yes I'm a drop baby😅) but forced myself to do it. I love big thunder mountain and have no problem with those drops and have 0 problem with motion sickness/turning cars/backwards launch and sharp corners as I think those are fun but just hate the drop feeling itself.

I know people have compared it to Space but I haven't gotten to ride that yet.

Last edited:
We rode it twice yesterday, once with DVC and once on APs. We loved it! We had “Everybodywants to rule the world” for our first ride (my least favorite of all the songs) and “One way or another” for the second. We were delayed quite a bit for the second ride because of a “protein spill”.

I rode with 3 friends in their 60’s on the first ride who were all a little shaken. One had to sit and catch his breath for about 10 minutes. My DH and I were both fine. My DH had a slight problem fitting in the car. It was OK side to side, but he has a big belly and had a small problem getting the restraint to fit the first time. He pulled it down but it would not click. He had to pull it down firmy and then he was uncomfortable being squished in. The next time he made sure that his bottom was all the way back before he lowered the restraint. so, if you have a large belly make sure you take your time to get situated as far back as possible before you pull the restraints down. Don‘t let them rush you. They are not the ones riding on a whirling rollercoaster with a lap bar bisecting your tummy.

I just want to say that reviews of the ride that I had read before previews claimed that Disney said this was a “family coaster” just slightly more intense than 7DMT.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
My DH says Expedition Everest and Rock N Roller Coaster are »nothing, not intense at all ». He didn’t believe me that Rock N Roller Coaster has an inversion!

I guess they had whole families like my DH test it :tongue:

I received a message from MDE this afternoon that I had photos to review. It was a GOTG photo from May 8th. I got excited. Then I looked at the one photo they sent for review and saw that I wasn't in it. Almost Disney. Almost.
Use the Lost Photo form on the PhotoPass website to ask them to search for it, now that you know the system was definitely taking photos that day.

My photo showed up too. I would like to apologize to the people behind me. I was that jerk with their hands up and I managed to block both of their faces :scared:. I always keep my hands down when I know the placement of the camera.

We got in line just before 4 for our 4-4:30 window (Just after 4 for the first scan), and the line was about 50 people in front of us. It was basically a walk-on for us. By the time we walked out of the building, the line was all the way to Connections Cafe, about 10 times as long. The downpour about 3:30 might‘ve kept the line shorter. It started letting up just before 4.

Awesome ride today! No wait to get in at all. They said we could wander through the exhibits in the queue or head straight to the ride. Did not allow re-rides today which I was disappointed about. The ride went so fast and there’s so many things going on that I couldn’t really follow the story so wanted to reride to really get it all. Still loved it though and looking forward to riding again. I did feel slightly queasy for a few seconds at a certain point but got over it quick. Mom took Dramamine and felt it was definitely necessary for her. For the future, it’s a ride she says she cannot eat anything at all before going on it.

Awesome ride today! No wait to get in at all. They said we could wander through the exhibits in the queue or head straight to the ride. Did not allow re-rides today which I was disappointed about. The ride went so fast and there’s so many things going on that I couldn’t really follow the story so wanted to reride to really get it all. Still loved it though and looking forward to riding again. I did feel slightly queasy for a few seconds at a certain point but got over it quick. Mom took Dramamine and felt it was definitely necessary for her. For the future, it’s a ride she says she cannot eat anything at all before going on it.

Agree that there is a lot of stuff going on during the ride. It took me a bit to realize I needed to look up to see what was going on. I was so focused on looking at the track and the area around it that I forgot about the storyline. It will definitely take several rides to take it all in.

The Guardians make humorous quips throughout. 2 rides probably weren't enough to catch them all. Caught very few on the first ride
Quips are part of what make Guardians one of the best Marvel groups. One of our favorite rides experiences happens with the guardians ride in DL. During one of the versions, during one of the elevator openings, when you can see the park, you hear Rocket quip “Disneyland? That’s thematically inconsistent!”

Agree that there is a lot of stuff going on during the ride. It took me a bit to realize I needed to look up to see what was going on. I was so focused on looking at the track and the area around it that I forgot about the storyline. It will definitely take several rides to take it all in.
When you say look up, do you mean there was something on the ceiling?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter