GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

Do you think it will matter that our passes are Gold?
I saw people say when they click on the link in the first post they can see everyone in their Friends and Family who is connected to them even though the link isn’t live yet. When I click I only get Event Registration Is Not Open. Does this matter?
1649359462228.jpeg

I saw people say when they click on the link in the first post they can see everyone in their Friends and Family who is connected to them even though the link isn’t live yet. When I click I only get Event Registration Is Not Open. Does this matter?
View attachment 660785
It was updated to this a day or two ago. It's not necessarily a problem. I have platinum, and I see this too.

It was updated to this a day or two ago. It's not necessarily a problem. I have platinum, and I see this too.
Thanks! I'm only now going through this entire thread - I'm currently up to page 16. I'm trying to get as much information as possible since I've never had the opportunity to do this before.

Thanks! I'm only now going through this entire thread - I'm currently up to page 16. I'm trying to get as much information as possible since I've never had the opportunity to do this before.
This will be my first time too, if we get it. We are usually no where near Orlando during these previews.

View attachment 660785
Just changed to this yesterday. I have gold and it was showing up for me before it switched to this

Can anyone give me an idea of how the AP preview works? DH and I have APs but DD20 doesn’t and she’ll be with us. So frustrating because it had been our plan to upgrade her tickets to AP during our last trip before they stopped selling APs. If it’s just DH and I riding one time I won’t feel too bad but if there’s any more to it I will. Our DS has an AP and may not be with us. Wish there was a way she could use his AP slot if he doesn’t make it but I’m guessing that’s not possible?

Can anyone give me an idea of how the AP preview works? DH and I have APs but DD20 doesn’t and she’ll be with us. So frustrating because it had been our plan to upgrade her tickets to AP during our last trip before they stopped selling APs. If it’s just DH and I riding one time I won’t feel too bad but if there’s any more to it I will. Our DS has an AP and may not be with us. Wish there was a way she could use his AP slot if he doesn’t make it but I’m guessing that’s not possible?
They are pretty strict and will not let your daughter ride. Depending on your time slot it could be crowded or not and if it’s not you could ride more than once. From my personal experience I’ve gotten to go on the rides more than once, but I’ve read of others who dealt with crowds and only did a ride once. If your daughter has an Epcot reservation she could go into the park with you and do something else while you go to the preview

Don’t know about other people, but we’ll definitely go just for the preview as long as we get a date that can work with our work schedules. We did previews for pandora and Remy and it’s just so much better than dealing with virtual queues or paying for lightning lane when it first opens. Right now I’m waiting to plan a short trip on if we get a preview date.
This is our plan as well. We live in SC and would drive down for the preview and stay 2 nights. For the Remy preview you didn't need a park reservation so I'm hoping it will be the same thing.

There's a little bit of a wild card here, in that it's only a ride this time. The last three of these were "lands" that included other things, specifically dining, which gave people a reason to spend a longer time there.

It's not out of the question that it'll be one ride and done - that happened with Flight of Passage during the first few days of AP. (That would also allow them to open up more spots.) But, even if it includes multiple rides, there shouldn't be anything else taking place. (If there were, I couldn't imagine what it would be.)

I’m sure there were a lot of new passholders too during those couple months when they were selling passes. This is the first preview they’ve had because the Ratatouille sign-ups were already gone by the time passes went on sale. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the newbies are snatching up park reservations in the hopes that they’ll get a preview spot, not realizing the park reservation comes with it. Or people who just weren’t interested in Ratatouille so didn’t pay attention to how that went, since that was the first preview since park reservations have been a thing. It seems like there is a ton of excitement for this ride.
I'm wondering if this is one reason APs are not on sale again. Perhaps after preview sign ups are done or even after the ride official opens to avoid dealing with new AP holders.

Conventional wisdom is to only release on a regular work day. Any issues IT and executives are at work to solve problems and make any necessary decisions.
Love the optimism but Disney's IT motto is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it - and if it is, still don't fix it, because we got 'em either way!" The release could be 10:00 am tomorrow, 11:00 am on Monday, or 2:17 am on Sunday. No matter when it is, I sure won't be surprised.

Love the optimism but Disney's IT motto is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it - and if it is, still don't fix it, because we got 'em either way!" The release could be 10:00 am tomorrow, 11:00 am on Monday, or 2:17 am on Sunday. No matter when it is, I sure won't be surprised.

You’re wrong on this part. It should read, “if it ain’t broke, update it so it is broke…” 😉

So I was looking at when the sign up for Remy was. It was on 8/6. A little less than a month before the preview, and on a friday. If the rumor is true of three passholder dates on the 16th,18th,20th, then my expectation would be NEXT friday, the 15th. This would be after the DVC sign up and have a similar timeline as the Remy preview. So if not today, my guess would be next friday.

So I was looking at when the sign up for Remy was. It was on 8/6. A little less than a month before the preview, and on a friday. If the rumor is true of three passholder dates on the 16th,18th,20th, then my expectation would be NEXT friday, the 15th. This would be after the DVC sign up and have a similar timeline as the Remy preview. So if not today, my guess would be next friday.
Interesting.... But next Friday is 'Good Friday'. Would they do it on a holiday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter