Grand CAL. How much lower will the prices drop ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two use years between my VGC contracts and a total of 3 use years with my WDW resort contracts. I’ve had them that way for many years, and it doesn’t bother me at all. I actually prefer it that way. Might even add a 4th use year if I decide to add some Aulani points… That said, I use them separately and never bother transferring between memberships.
I also don't transfer points between my UYs but I like the cleanliness of my 2 UYs because they *can* be merged after 7 mo. (for example, if I booked a VGC stay at 11 mo and then added on some nights at 7 mo using a different contract in a different UY). I guess at the right price I could overlook that...

I have two use years between my VGC contracts and a total of 3 use years with my WDW resort contracts. I’ve had them that way for many years, and it doesn’t bother me at all. I actually prefer it that way. Might even add a 4th use year if I decide to add some Aulani points… That said, I use them separately and never bother transferring between memberships.
oh man. I only have 2 UY's and sometimes, it can be a bit much. Reading this makes my stomach turn.

My VGC contracts are split between 2 UY too. I have three different memberships. There's the VGC membership for week long stays and the small VGC membership to break up the trip from WDW back to Australia.

You would think the price of VGC will go under $200 once VDH goes on sale at $217 or less with incentives and will likely have a lower point chart.
Once you have 2 options to buy at DL it’s got to have an impact.
Heres some old data if you are interested in this sort of thing

View attachment 743742
I agree it has to have some effect, but also if VDH wont be able to be used at VGC (because there is zero availability), then whats the point of buying direct?? (certainly not to use $217 or higher for sleep around points in Orlando. lol)
Seems like the restrictions are making their new tower a better deal on resale, and making VGC resale even more valuable!!!

We are only allowed to post links to some sites but there are a lot out there. Right now I am seeing 34 contracts for VGC.

Where are you guys finding all these contracts? I went to the main sponsor site (DVC Resale Market) and see just 5 contracts for sale.
Since the price has reduced and more info on VDH has been relseased, the available VGC contracts have been declining. Fewer small contracts also on the market. Seems VGC is motivating buyers at $230-250. It will be interesting to see if stock continues to decline forcing prices of this property up again.

Since the price has reduced and more info on VDH has been relseased, the available VGC contracts have been declining. Fewer small contracts also on the market. Seems VGC is motivating buyers at $230-250. It will be interesting to see if stock continues to decline forcing prices of this property up again.

If we go into a huge recession then the value of all financial assets will fall.

However, outside of that I think Grand Cal is a good long term buy and hold at this price and the declining number of contracts means the marketplace seems to agree.

I definitely do not see the price going down after a full remodel unless they blast it with cheesy IP and bland furniture. IMO the current look is timeless.

The remodel of the concierge lounge to look like a Westin Elements is a bit concerning.

I’m actually very surprised at how low it’s going right now. I get there’s a new building across the street but location wise VGC can’t be beat.

There are only 71 rooms in VGC while there are 344 in VDH. I really hope people buys into VDH to stay there and not VGC. And they are mostly studios.
It’s getting harder and harder to book at VGC unless you really use your 8-11mo advantage.

I’m actually very surprised at how low it’s going right now. I get there’s a new building across the street but location wise VGC can’t be beat.
I honestly don't think the prices are all that low. We can't count what happened to VGC prices (or other DVC prices for that matter) the last two years as normal. Even though the ROFR thread is showing some extreme examples, the board's sponsor's most recent avg price article still has VGC avg price as $243pp, which is reasonable IMO, considering direct VDH will probably be around $217-$227 pp. If direct price at the most brand new and most anticipated resort lands below VGC resale (which will be a good 13 years older than VDH), the value is still extremely high.

I really hope people buys into VDH to stay there and not VGC.
They definitely shouldn't, since there is usually not much to choose from at 7 months.

I posted elsewhere saying the same thing, the new restrictions are making VGC resale more valuable and in turn making VDH direct less valuable.

I agree it has to have some effect, but also if VDH wont be able to be used at VGC (because there is zero availability), then whats the point of buying direct?? (certainly not to use $217 or higher for sleep around points in Orlando. lol)
Seems like the restrictions are making their new tower a better deal on resale, and making VGC resale even more valuable!!!
Inserting wrench to the works of this conversation. I agree with the logic if not owning VGC points, then at the 11 month mark reserving a studio is near impossible. However, if you target a one or two bedroom unit then the odds a better. This has been our experience for a family of four. Our points are at Poly and Bay Lake, and we've managed to land VCG reservations the two times we tried.

Don't get me wrong, owning at VCG is certainly the way to go. Direct and resale wasn't really an option at the time we bought our points.

Enjoying this thread. Appreciate the insights. I believe we will be buying at VDH. Our primary goal is to visit Disneyland, and with VDH we'll have more room selections at 11 months plus perhaps we can get lucky and score a one bedroom at VGC if available. But either way, we'll be at Disneyland.

Inserting wrench to the works of this conversation. I agree with the logic if not owning VGC points, then at the 11 month mark reserving a studio is near impossible. However, if you target a one or two bedroom unit then the odds a better. This has been our experience for a family of four. Our points are at Poly and Bay Lake, and we've managed to land VCG reservations the two times we tried.

Don't get me wrong, owning at VCG is certainly the way to go. Direct and resale wasn't really an option at the time we bought our points.

Enjoying this thread. Appreciate the insights. I believe we will be buying at VDH. Our primary goal is to visit Disneyland, and with VDH we'll have more room selections at 11 months plus perhaps we can get lucky and score a one bedroom at VGC if available. But either way, we'll be at Disneyland.

I don’t think a 1 or 2 bedroom will be easier at VDH since there are less of them available, but perhaps not allowing SSR and OKW resale point scalpers to rent them out will help.

It will probably be a LOT better with studios since there are so many of them.

I honestly don't think the prices are all that low. We can't count what happened to VGC prices (or other DVC prices for that matter) the last two years as normal. Even though the ROFR thread is showing some extreme examples, the board's sponsor's most recent avg price article still has VGC avg price as $243pp, which is reasonable IMO, considering direct VDH will probably be around $217-$227 pp. If direct price at the most brand new and most anticipated resort lands below VGC resale (which will be a good 13 years older than VDH), the value is still extremely high.
I agree that it’s not low on comparison to other resort and length of ownership. Looking at scarcity/availability, location and convenience however I think GC still has an edge over VDH.

Then again everyone has their own preferences.

This is only my opinion of course.
I’d love to try staying at VDH once but my heart will probably still be at GC. 😬
There’s no beating the 5min walk back to the room from Goofy sky school.

I agree that it’s not low on comparison to other resort and length of ownership. Looking at scarcity/availability, location and convenience however I think GC still has an edge over VDH.

Then again everyone has their own preferences.

This is only my opinion of course.
I’d love to try staying at VDH once but my heart will probably still be at GC. 😬
There’s no beating the 5min walk back to the room from Goofy sky school.
I agree with you. but this specific comment was strictly pertaining to VGC resale value, and nothing to do with which resort might be better. The fact that VGC resale prices are higher than any direct active resort price proves the unbelievable value of VGC. And a current average price of $243 is a more realistic and sustainable rise in value than the ridiculous levels it reached the last couple of years.

I agree with you. but this specific comment was strictly pertaining to VGC resale value, and nothing to do with which resort might be better. The fact that VGC resale prices are higher than any direct active resort price proves the unbelievable value of VGC. And a current average price of $243 is a more realistic and sustainable rise in value than the ridiculous levels it reached the last couple of years.
True.
I was debating whether to sell mine when the price was close to 300 😂 . But the kids still enjoy Disneyland so I didn’t dare.

I'd like it if there was no beating on Goofy's Sky School period. That thing hurts!
Ain’t that the truth. I put both hands between the bar and my belly for the last break. If not I feel like being punched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter