Great Stay at All Star Sports!

teentoddlermom

DIS Veteran
Posted this on the resort thread too. I haven't been on DIS boards for a while. Just wanted to say that I had TWO wonderful stays this summer at All Star Sports. July was a two room connection because we took my daughter's friends with us for a sweet sixteen trip. August was a last minute summer trip with just my daughter and me. In July we were in Hoops Hotel, and August was at Tennis. All of our rooms were immaculate, and we had a great housekeeper. In August, I received the text that my room was ready and we could go straight there, but I decided to stop at the front desk because I had been given second floor wanted ground floor. At first they said they were completely booked and I may have to wait a few days, but that didn't occur, and we were given a ground floor room right away, and it was very close to the preferred area, a very short walk to the food court and bus stop. I love the new food court! Clean and well staffed, and great variety. Both trips we had extraordinarily efficient bus service, and never shared, or even waited more than 5 minutes, either at the park or the resort. I love the new TVs that show when the bus is arriving. I have stayed at almost every resort category on property, and I must say I am beyond impressed with the bang for your buck you get at the All Stars. I like them better than Pop or AoA. They are quieter and have better services. My August stay included weeknight sale rooms rates of around $70. With the free DME, I don't know why anyone would stay off site. Even the two rooms at regular season added up to a total of around 240 per night. For 2 bathrooms and 4 beds, that is so reasonable. The mature and lush landscaping at the value resorts is very pretty, and much of the resort feels secluded and quiet. In July, the girls had an evening at the Home Run Pool that was fun and very low key. I almost hesitate to post this because I don't want to see the secret greatness of these resorts to become more popular!!!! I've been during summer at WDW many times before, but this summer seemed exceptionally hot and sunny. It seemed we did not get the clouds and thunder that cool things off a bit, that we've always had in our summer trips, or at least hide the broiling sun. That is my only slight negative to the trips. I'd still take a summer trip for sure though, if that is the only time I could go. With the school year schedule, it makes most budget and educational sense. But someday, would love to go at a less hot time that is not too crowded, however, it seems to me that there is really never a low season at Disney anymore. Disney creates promotions to ensure that they will be busy at all times. Fall free dining brings the retirees and preschoolers, Halloween is insanely crowded, November brings Christmas crowds very soon after Halloween, January brings Marathoners, etc, etc. Spring breaks start right after January and goes thru April, and then the summer crowds start in May, because many southern states get out so early. But I will still return as often as I can!

This is great to hear as we are staying at All-Star Sports for the first time in October! Thanks for posting :)

Thank you for posting, I'm staying there for one night (arrival night not worth paying deluxe prices) and have been a little worried after reading some of the posts on other threads. The only other value I've stayed at was PoP and I swore I'd never stay value again. Of course, we all know what happens when you say never, right? I'm going for F&W and staying at YC but it didn't make sense for me to pay that price when I'll arrive between 1 and 4 and I could get a decent AP discount.

The All-Stars take such a "beating" some times-great to see a positive review!:)

On your July Trip,did you enjoy "living" with The Fifteens at Sports-there were a "few" of them there during my July Sports stay!lol?:)

The All-Stars take such a "beating" some times-great to see a positive review!:)

On your July Trip,did you enjoy "living" with The Fifteens at Sports-there were a "few" of them there during my July Sports stay!lol?:)

[/QUOTYes
Yes we saw many many tour groups, mostly 15's. I must say I was really impressed with the organization of these groups and the fact that they were very polite. It was refreshing to see so many HAPPY people!

We love Sports. The baseball section is usually quiet and that pool often is pretty empty. It was the first onsite resort we stayed at and it still holds a special spot in our hearts.

^^Us, too! Our very first trip to Disney, we stayed in Building 10, in the football section. Had lots of fun over at the Goofy baseball pool. The kids played on the football "field" with kids from other families we didn't know. Loads of fun. Only drawback was a cheerleading competition took place about mid-way through our stay, and they kinda took over!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stays. I've had one All Star stay and one POP stay and find I prefer All Stars too so far.

But don't worry about the "secret" getting out. No matter what we say, there will always be those people who are terrified about the "All Star bus situation" so they'll still stay away.

^^Us, too! Our very first trip to Disney, we stayed in Building 10, in the football section. Had lots of fun over at the Goofy baseball pool. The kids played on the football "field" with kids from other families we didn't know. Loads of fun. Only drawback was a cheerleading competition took place about mid-way through our stay, and they kinda took over!
Me three!:)

I stayed in Surf's Up! for my "once in a lifetime"lol:) trip in 2003-stayed with the "Fairytale Package"-7 nights resort/tickets for the price of 4 nights plus a framed Mickey's Philharmagic picture with pin!:)

All-Star Sports IS Walt Disney World to me!!!!:)

And how about those Cheerleaders!lol:)

16693918794_11810ab402_z.jpg

Thanks for your review. My kids are still asking to stay at Sports and DH likes the All Star resorts too so we are considering switching our ressie. We are going in May and I know this is prime time for spring youth sports competitions/events which might bring big groups to AS Sports, but based on what I've been reading I'm not too concerned about that being an issue. I have also heard great reviews about the new food court too so that's another plus. We've stayed at AS Music before and bus sharing was not an issue. Also the All Star resorts are really one big resort complex with the three All Star resorts right next to each other so even on the couple of occasions in which we did share buses it didn't take up a great deal of time, no biggie at all IMO.

^^Agree with your thoughts on the buses, 2Pirate2Princesses. AllStars are the same if not better than bus service to some of the other resorts. For example, we now stay at OKW, and that has 4 or 5 stops within the resort, which we have adjusted to and don't mind at all! When we stayed at the Boardwalk, we endured a few horrible bus rides from AK that stopped at all the Epcot resorts and villas before we got back to the Boardwalk.

Thanks for your review. My kids are still asking to stay at Sports and DH likes the All Star resorts too so we are considering switching our ressie. We are going in May and I know this is prime time for spring youth sports competitions/events which might bring big groups to AS Sports, but based on what I've been reading I'm not too concerned.

The big groups tend to congregate between the football buildings. That plus the fact we are baseball fans is one reason I request to be put there. It really does usually stay quiet back there.

great to hear! staying at Sports 10/12 to 10/20. We always stay at POP, witch didn't have any availability this time.

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're checking in next week and I've been a bit nervous with so many negative reviews, but I'm trying not to dwell on it.
Can someone just confirm, is it an acceptable practice to bring your own food in your own container, and use the hot water dispenser in the food court? I'm thinking of morning oatmeal. I won't do it if it's frowned upon, but if it's considered ok then I'll be sure to pack my own.

Thanks for the post! We will be there tomorrow. It will be our first stay at an All Star and my sports loving DS4 is really looking forward to it!

Last edited:
It is the only Value resort we haven't stayed at (apart from Art of Animation) - we have avoided Sports as we are from the UK and don't know a thing about American sports or sports stars. Also have always been worried that it might be a resort that groups of teens might head for as a first choice.

What do you think?

The big groups tend to congregate between the football buildings. That plus the fact we are baseball fans is one reason I request to be put there. It really does usually stay quiet back there.

Thanks for your feedback on this. We are interested in the tennis and basketball sections; but we'd probably be fine anywhere as it seems like a compact, low key resort. We stayed in the Jazz building 2 at Music on the ground floor and it was very quiet and there was a beautiful courtyard with a fountain nearby and the landscaping was very lush and mature. The value resorts are definitely a lot nicer in person than what you would assume based on pictures you see on the internet. I do wish the standard rooms had coffee makers though, but I can sacrifice that for a week :laughing:

WOO! I love All Star Sports too! Less than 2 weeks til my trip! We went last year (I think I stayed there like 15 years ago, but I forget) and it was so great! Can't wait!

Sports is our favorite All Star. We've stayed many times and never had a problem.
We always ask for Football section building #10.
Close to food court and my husband and son love to throw the football on the field.

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're checking in next week and I've been a bit nervous with so many negative reviews, but I'm trying not to dwell on it.
Can someone just confirm, is it an acceptable practice to bring your own food in your own container, and use the hot water dispenser in the food court? I'm thinking of morning oatmeal. I won't do it if it's frowned upon, but if it's considered ok then I'll be sure to pack my own.

We did this a few times on our trip two weeks ago, used the hot water dispenser and microwaves for mac and cheese cups, oatmeal etc. They have 3-4 toasters and two microwaves for use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter