Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did they put a date on it? I've only seem coming 2021.
We are planning to be there in April, so I hope the March date is correct.
March is based on sources/rumors. It was supposed to open Summer 2020 originally.

There’s just NO way this is going to be open by our May trip 🙁 but it’s going to be SO cool!!

Im more excited about Guardians than I have been for a new ride in a long time. Unfortunately I think the BEST case for an opening is Sept/Oct, and that’s if Disney stumbles into a giant pile of money over the holidays and decides that and Tron are a priority for the beginning of the 50th. More likely we see Tron around the time Rise opened and Guardians in March 2022. Those opening time frames are purely guesses based on nothing substantial

Im more excited about Guardians than I have been for a new ride in a long time. Unfortunately I think the BEST case for an opening is Sept/Oct, and that’s if Disney stumbles into a giant pile of money over the holidays and decides that and Tron are a priority for the beginning of the 50th. More likely we see Tron around the time Rise opened and Guardians in March 2022. Those opening time frames are purely guesses based on nothing substantial
Your guesses are as good as any info we have, and honestly—as bad as I hate to say it—I think that sounds about right. Until they film the new movie, it’s not going to be finished, and I haven’t even heard when that’s supposed to start.

I think there's a chance this attraction opens late 2021. I personally haven't seen any announcements or solid rumors on a timeline for this ride unlike Rat (definitive opening in 2021) or Tron (definitive work stoppage leading to a delayed opening most likely 2022). Construction on this ride seems to be moving along with no delays in site. Any reason why it wouldn't be completed and debut possibly late 2021?

I think there's a chance this attraction opens late 2021. I personally haven't seen any announcements or solid rumors on a timeline for this ride unlike Rat (definitive opening in 2021) or Tron (definitive work stoppage leading to a delayed opening most likely 2022). Construction on this ride seems to be moving along with no delays in site. Any reason why it wouldn't be completed and debut possibly late 2021?
Everything was paused when the parks closed back in March so this and Tron both had delays. Both this and Tron have resumed since. Both are rumored to now open in 2022 due to delays and costs.

Everything was paused when the parks closed back in March so this and Tron both had delays. Both this and Tron have resumed since. Both are rumored to now open in 2022 due to delays and costs.

IIRC, construction was supposed to continue on Tron and GoTG until the end of 2020. Beyond that, the construction crews/union were not renewed and there's some supporting evidence that it will be paused for a while, probably until revenue streams normalize.

IIRC, construction was supposed to continue on Tron and GoTG until the end of 2020. Beyond that, the construction crews/union were not renewed and there's some supporting evidence that it will be paused for a while, probably until revenue streams normalize.
Correct but we obviously don’t know that for sure yet.

If they exceed expectations over the holidays MAYBE they could find the money to have these projects sped up and ready in time for the end of 2021, but that’s starting to look very bleak. They’re coming, and that’s really all I care about. For me personally it’s not like my October 2021 trip is the last time I’ll ever visit WDW. It just spreads out the amount of new stuff I get to see for the first time over multiple trips

If they exceed expectations over the holidays MAYBE they could find the money to have these projects sped up and ready in time for the end of 2021, but that’s starting to look very bleak. They’re coming, and that’s really all I care about. For me personally it’s not like my October 2021 trip is the last time I’ll ever visit WDW. It just spreads out the amount of new stuff I get to see for the first time over multiple trips
Disney is trending on hitting an all time high at the stock market today so....

Disney is trending on hitting an all time high at the stock market today so....

Yes they are and will probably take the wrong message away from that in that park visitors don't care about new attractions because our stock is at all time (sugar "streaming" high) when the vast majority of Verizon based D+ subscribers don't pony up for the paid version I suspect the stock will be a very different story, Also the defection of one of D+'s top executives for Netflix is telling us perhaps the D+ story is not as rosy a picture as Disney is spinning it.

Reality check besides 'The Mandalorian' what compelling content is on D+? for Disney fans.

I had hoped to see the stuff we USED to see on the Disney Channel like 'Ink and Paper club' and classic material by the 'Nine Old Men'. Instead endless amounts of dreck like High School Musical - $VERSION. Switch to CBS all access not only can you see all the new stuff but all the old classic stuff like the original Hawaii Five 'Oh with Jack Lord etc.

I guess you could call me a fan of the 'classic' Disney material along with some of the new stuff where one could tell story still counted more than merchandising potential (but with a good story merchandising takes care of itself) Stuff like Lilo and Stitch, UP!, and stuff which I like but everyone else hates like Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear and a few others

Reality check besides 'The Mandalorian' what compelling content is on D+? for Disney fans.

I had hoped to see the stuff we USED to see on the Disney Channel like 'Ink and Paper club' and classic material by the 'Nine Old Men'. Instead endless amounts of dreck like High School Musical - $VERSION. Switch to CBS all access not only can you see all the new stuff but all the old classic stuff like the original Hawaii Five 'Oh with Jack Lord etc.

I guess you could call me a fan of the 'classic' Disney material along with some of the new stuff where one could tell story still counted more than merchandising potential (but with a good story merchandising takes care of itself) Stuff like Lilo and Stitch, UP!, and stuff which I like but everyone else hates like Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear and a few others

The service is only a year old. Rewind time to 2008 in Netflix’s 2nd year as an online streaming service and you’d laugh at the notion that they’d still be in business in 2020 let alone have close to 300,000,000 subscribers. It took them 5 years to have their first original piece of content. There is ALOT of room to continue to grow for Disney that worrying about whether or not they keep those Verizon trials beyond that date is not an issue they’re worrying about

Yes they are and will probably take the wrong message away from that in that park visitors don't care about new attractions because our stock is at all time (sugar "streaming" high) when the vast majority of Verizon based D+ subscribers don't pony up for the paid version I suspect the stock will be a very different story, Also the defection of one of D+'s top executives for Netflix is telling us perhaps the D+ story is not as rosy a picture as Disney is spinning it.

None of this has to do with the topic of this thread.

that said nothing CBS has interests me. Disney+ does lack in original content right now but that will come. Lots of stuff coming this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter