Guardians virtual queue.

But you miss the set up of the whole premise of the ride in the ILL. The pre-show starts what is the ultimate part of the Xandar exhibit - the queue leads up to it and builds the whole themeing.

Will I ride it with ILL? Yes - because I love it. BUT I'm definitely going for VQ (assuming it stays that way through August) because IMHO the queue is an integral part of the ride.
They do include cliff notes version of the set up in the ILL queue. It's not near the detail in the regular line because it's not long enough but it's not nothing either. One of the issues is you aren't there long enough to read or see it either

We never got enough time in the regular line to really see or read any of it either. The line was moving quick. A good thing of course

VQ first
ILL will go fast but they will last longer than VQ.
Best advice have second person do ILL but if there’s only one click it as soon as you’ve done VQ
That method worked for me opening weekend
Thank you very much Mrs. AMC and everyone! One follow up...since party is arriving later am, I want to ride in the afternoon....not to be picky. Since VQ goes so quickly, can i assume there's a better chance of getting a pm time via VQ or with ILL$ do you have the opportunity to pick from several times? again, thank you all. this is my first G+ trip.

Thank you very much Mrs. AMC and everyone! One follow up...since party is arriving later am, I want to ride in the afternoon....not to be picky. Since VQ goes so quickly, can i assume there's a better chance of getting a pm time via VQ or with ILL$ do you have the opportunity to pick from several times? again, thank you all. this is my first G+ trip.
We rode last week twice, once with ILL and once with VQ. Our VQ was 69 and we ended up getting called around 12:30. We were able to pick a time for our ILL and picked a time around 4pm as we wanted to be in that park for dinner anyway (we started in a different park that day and hopped to EP).

We rode last week twice, once with ILL and once with VQ. Our VQ was 69 and we ended up getting called around 12:30. We were able to pick a time for our ILL and picked a time around 4pm as we wanted to be in that park for dinner anyway (we started in a different park that day and hopped to EP).

I'm confused...I thought your park reservation had to be for Epcot to qualify for a VQ?

I have a google pixel and I’ve been trying to practice at home. We arrrive Monday and I have restarted my phone and updated the app. However every time it hits 7 am the app closes, goes back to the home screen or crashes. Does this happen to anyone else?

Can you practice at home like we used to w ROTR? I was able to see the join button at 7 am so I’m guessing I would have a good chance of getting one?

I have a google pixel and I’ve been trying to practice at home. We arrrive Monday and I have restarted my phone and updated the app. However every time it hits 7 am the app closes, goes back to the home screen or crashes. Does this happen to anyone else?
The app has been closing randomly on me, at various times. I may give reinstalling a go.

So are you not allowed to do the Virtual Queue if you plan on hopping to Epcot at all?
I believe that's correct. You need to be starting in Epcot in order to be eligible for the virtual queues at 7 am and 1 pm since park hopping does not start until 2 pm.
I'll quietly nudge that, in the past, you could start with an Epcot reservation, join the VQ, then change your reservation to another park and spend the morning there. This works because they're not enforcing return times on BGs.

During Remy's VQ - I ended up with a BG that was called around 1:00pm, switched reservations to AK and went there, arrived at Epcot at 2:00pm, had no problem.

(Clearly, this would only be useful on days that aren't sold out.)

I can't help with that phone other than to say DH had a Google Pixel and I hated that phone. It did the oddest things. Just little quirky things that had no explanation. I finally told him I was sick of hearing him curse his phone and it was time to chuck it. Not suggesting that to you but am saying those phones are quirky and it may just stay that way, sorry to say. There may be no permanent fix.

Don't even try that.

Your entire claim was that buying an ILL blocked you from the VQ:

"I got the paid LL first" is not "we did them at the same time".

Also: if you had done VQ and ILL at the same time, your daughter would have been in the queue before you even got to the checkout page of the ILL.
So this is what happened to me. I got ILL and daughter got VQ. Then we got VQ at 6 and rode 3 times on Memorial Day. We did indeed feel lucky.

Once your BG has been called and you actually enter the line, how long is the line taking if riding with VQ/BG rather than ILL?
I think this really varies. Once we saw the line wound around outside when we did our ILL and then when we did VQ it was 15 min.

With my trigger finger pilot don-in-law this am, he got BG 38, while I snagged Remy. It was called very shortly after park open. We went at 2:30, and it was no problem.
So just to understand- if you get an early BG you can arrive ANY time after your group is called?

So just to understand- if you get an early BG you can arrive ANY time after your group is called?
For now. I can see this becoming an issue and then Disney enforcement of the time. This is why they supposedly stop with paper FP cause people were taking advantage of not returning during the window and it created a backlog of riders. Since there is no standby, as of yet, maybe it won’t be an issue.

Last edited:
Can you practice at home like we used to w ROTR? I was able to see the join button at 7 am so I’m guessing I would have a good chance of getting one?
Apparently not. Since we don't have park reservations it wouldn't allow me to select anyone and it looks like you can't practice joining if you don't have people selected.

what you can do is see how long it takes for the VQ page to indicate that there are no further VQ available. I do that sometimes because I'm still commuting at 7 and there isn't much else to do. Today it lasted a couple seconds longer than usual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter