Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen...we'll never know what actually happened...cause disney PR don't roll like that...

But if you allow the idea that they put this off till the fall when the volatility goes down a little...then EVERYBODY...will be more comfortable. It's the common sense move...and i for one hold out hope that common sense will return.

The top 3 lines in the Disney PR handbook are:

1. The guests wanted it
2. The guests are gonna LOVE It
3. We planned this all along

We got a variation on #3 here...

Come to think of it...those are the ONLY 3 lines in the disney playbook.

Ok...there's no such thing as a "fake story"...there are just stories to be listened to and then considered.

Some are likely a representation of fact...others complete garbage that should be laughed down the mental drain.

It's up to the consumer of the story to judge properly.

This idea of "fake" anything is a shield for head in the sand stupidity and needs to be squashed like a bug...too Much damage has already been done.

LOL... seems that this was pretty fake

sub-buzz-6561-1498596889-9.png

I hate having to explain a joke. But :dogdance:perhaps if I made better jokes I wouldn't have to.

No not the headlines... the entire thing.... It is a fake magazine cover that was created and put on display in multiple Trump Golf clubs and business. Time has come out and said it is not a real magazine cover and was never created or published by them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...5875b7d1876_story.html?utm_term=.8ec954e2c3f3

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/06/28/fake-trump-time-covers/434313001/

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rump-org-to-remove-fake-cover-from-golf-clubs

Last edited:
If you believe in actual numbers and facts...all three on the right remain completely true.

...and the apprentice did get good ratings...except Martha Stewart.
I wasn't disputing their accuracy. Only stating that the article I mentioned would be the only one I would be interested in reading. The fact that it's the most innocuous article referenced on the cover and still the only one I would be interested in is humorous to me.

I hate having to explain a joke. But :dogdance:perhaps if I made better jokes I wouldn't have to.

No not the headlines... the entire thing.... It is a fake magazine cover that was created and put on display in multiple Trump Golf clubs and business. Time has come out and said it is not a real magazine cover and was never created or published by them.

Lol...I see...

The reality is (if the story was true)...it didn't matter. Somebody saw it/made it...gave it to him to suck up...and it was "real in his mind" the second later. That's how he rolls.

I'm imagining President Trump wanting his voice recording in HOP to include his well-known, 4-word campaign slogan which he copyrighted shortly after the 2012 election. I can also imagine Disney interpreting this as self promotion and not wanting to include elements of a speech that could potentially generate current and/or future revenue for the person(s) that owns the rights to that copyright.
Nitpick alert: It's reportedly been trademarked (technically a service mark), not copyrighted. A four word slogan would be difficult to copyright, and this one in particular was apparently used by Reagan previously, meaning it couldn't possibly be copyrighted merely by a later person using it. But the service mark rights would be easy to obtain.

I wasn't disputing their accuracy. Only stating that the article I mentioned would be the only one I would be interested in reading. The fact that it's the most innocuous article referenced on the cover and still the only one I would be interested in is humorous to me.

Hey...bad banks are/we're no joke...almost bankrupted the world 10 years ago and we can't trust it all the same.

Lol...I see...

The reality is (if the story was true)...it didn't matter. Somebody saw it/made it...gave it to him to suck up...and it was "real in his mind" the second later. That's how he rolls.

I posted some links regarding the story.

Yesterday while reading the thread, I read your ego comment and then I heard the story last night on the telly and it made me snort my beer I laughed so hard.

I would love to go back to Lincoln... not for political, but sentimental reasons. I remember going to the Hall as a kid in 1980, I was a little dork then (and now a bigger dork LOL) but I remember being so impressed with all the animatronics, and then when Lincoln spoke and moved :worship:, I could not believe he was really dead, I thought that was really him and he was actually alive somehow and hiding out in MK...it was so lifelike.

Still love the Haunted Mansion for those dancing ghosts that also captured my 9 year old imagination

Who said it was? :confused3 My comment is more directed to those who believe Disney's every breath, believe that this PR release was the truth and expect they always make decisions in the guests interest.
Sorry Hopper...I wasn't disagreeing with you in any way. I agree 100% with your original post and also with this reply. I simply meant to add on to your comments. I am beyond tired of the deception in our world today and I only see it getting worse.

It would be a breath of fresh air if when the next time a CEO left a company, the press release would say "we fired our CEO because we didn't agree with his views on X"..... instead of "our CEO has left the company on his own to pursue other interests."

Sorry Hopper...I wasn't disagreeing with you in any way. I agree 100% with your original post and also with this reply. I simply meant to add on to your comments. I am beyond tired of the deception in our world today and I only see it getting worse.

It would be a breath of fresh air if when the next time a CEO left a company, the press release would say "we fired our CEO because we didn't agree with his views on X"..... instead of "our CEO has left the company on his own to pursue other interests."

:hug: Got ya.

LOL... seems that this was pretty fake

sub-buzz-6561-1498596889-9.png
Saw this last night and then had a great dream how to solve all this ...............

They make one of these fake covers for every President, articles tie to their Presidency. They put them in order in little window type displays again that match their time frame. Line them up in front of moving walkway (like Space Mountain) and we just stand and slowly ride past them. They could even put their AA in the display with them. A few might be speaking, a few have timely music. More personal of each President, not a focus on any one. They could build it next to American Adventure, there is room. I think this would be very popular unlike the current attraction.

And then build my Haunted Mansion restaurant on the footprint in MK.

It looks like they are saying the renovation is the reasoning why the delays

They could of said this earlier though which is odd.

Yeah, this is why I think there is at least some truth to the Vice story. Spending a year to replace some projectors doesn't add up, and waiting until reopening week to slip it 5-6 months doesn't flow either.

I am sure like many things with most companies, it wasn't any one thing that led to the delay. I could imagine some of all of these reasons for the delay:
- There probably was some discussion about how they wanted to handle this (so that is some time)
- Then they have to coordinated with Trumps administration, which, to be fair, seems to not have been as ready to hit the ground running as other administrations (so there is another delay)
- Time to coordinate with Trump's schedule
- back and forth on the script
- maybe the theater could use some updates and given the above small delays they figured might as well delay it a bit more and take care of the theater at the same time
- and probably 6-10 other reasons I am not thinking of

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter