Halloween decorations-Fall Celebrations Start Sept 15th

Thanks!! This might have to be the next quarantine project :-)

You're welcome. Pre-Covid, we would get together with friends, and hold a pumpkin carving party....food, drinks, and pumpkin carving....then we would put them in the window and go outside and take pics of them.

Now with Covid, no party, but still carving :)

They're actually quite easy, just a bit time consuming.....if you buy the fake pumpkins at like Michael's (use a coupon)....and a small dremel set, you can get the pattern from the web. Trace the pattern using the poker around the outline....and then cut it out.....when you're finished, measure a hole on the bottom for a light (I get the battery operated lights that are like under cabinet lights from Walgreen's....use it to measure the hole....then cut it.....take it outside and clean out the inside with air and a moist towel to get the particles left inside, out of the pumpkin. Then insert the light into the hole at the bottom and turn it on.

Alternatively, if you want string lights in there, then cut a SMALL (no larger than 1" hole in the back (off center so it's not clearly visible, and feed the string in...the hole allows the plug to remain outside so you can plug it in.

We make a different pumpkin every year with this method. We have lots of villains (my fave)....but you can do any of them that you can find a pattern for.

Hope that helps!!
I've thought about doing that kind of thing before just haven't yet. Perhaps this is the year. 🎃

I've thought about doing that kind of thing before just haven't yet. Perhaps this is the year. 🎃

We love doing them....it's kind of a thing with us now....we even display them at work (well, pre-covid, that is)....co-workers love seeing them.

Following...I came on here to ask the exact same question. I will be so sad if they don't put them up. It's why we planned our trip for late September, and since they've cancelled MNSSHP I'd love to at least see some fall decor.

Hollywood Studios on Hollywood Blvd has the Halloween merchandise in the Mickeys of Hollywood Gift Shop windows and in store yesterday.
They had the new Star Wars figure Droid Factory BB-BOO20 $12.99

Last edited:
If I had to guess, I'd say early September. They have to put them up at least early enough to make it worth the while.

does anyone know if the halloween decorations are going up or if they are up now? Im leaving in 12 days and im hoping to see some

@andyman8 stated in the Rumors thread the other day: “On holidays: As has been discussed, there will be holiday decorations up this year. The details of what festivities will be offered/cancelled should be announced soon. I know there's been quite a bit more activity in Holiday Services since we last broached this topic, though not as much as a regular year.”

@andyman8 stated in the Rumors thread the other day: “On holidays: As has been discussed, there will be holiday decorations up this year. The details of what festivities will be offered/cancelled should be announced soon. I know there's been quite a bit more activity in Holiday Services since we last broached this topic, though not as much as a regular year.”
Yea I wouldnt expect any "New" decorations.

They have them all sitting in the warehouse from last year. I would imagine they will spruce them up and then have the team put them up around the parks and hotels.

Yea I wouldnt expect any "New" decorations.

They have them all sitting in the warehouse from last year. I would imagine they will spruce them up and then have the team put them up around the parks and hotels.
Precisely. The holidays teams usually works all year in that warehouse (was one of the coolest parts of the 8 hour tour when we took it years ago). I would think the other difference this year is it may not be the normal magic of having everything transformed in 1 night for either Halloween or Christmas. Most likely it’ll be a slower decorating schedule over the course of a week or so.

Also wouldn’t shock me to not see any of the gingerbread houses at Christmas time. Too expensive to build and too difficult to socially distance when people stop to look at them.

Precisely. The holidays teams usually works all year in that warehouse (was one of the coolest parts of the 8 hour tour when we took it years ago). I would think the other difference this year is it may not be the normal magic of having everything transformed in 1 night for either Halloween or Christmas. Most likely it’ll be a slower decorating schedule over the course of a week or so.

Also wouldn’t shock me to not see any of the gingerbread houses at Christmas time. Too expensive to build and too difficult to socially distance when people stop to look at them.
Yeah I agree about the gingerbread houses

I do think though all of the hotels will definitely have their signature trees.

Yeah I agree about the gingerbread houses

I do think though all of the hotels will definitely have their signature trees.
Definitely. The trees are all in pieces in the warehouse. Very easy to just out together and they’re good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter