Halt and Catch Fire

Pacolovestacos

DIS Veteran
Anyone watch this show and see tonight's last night's season finale?

I'm wondering what your guess is about the idea that Donna and Cameron came up with?

I finally got to watch it, and am thinking maybe an ordering/payment system? It seemed she noticed the juke box, where you push a button and get your selection, and then the manual ordering and cashiering processes in the restaurant.

It was a high quality show. I too am sorry to see it go.

I agree. It was a high quality show in every way. But there's one thing I would change. Couldn't these people win at least ONCE? Seeing them working so hard just to have the rug being pulled from under them over and over again...hat was painful to watch. Couldn't Comet have coexisted alongside with Yahoo and Google?

I know that they say it couldn't be done because the show thakes place in the real world, but so did Don Draper, an no one had a problem with him coming up with one of the greatest commercials ever for the finale. Something similar could have been done with HACF

Another thing. I'd wish they had let Gordon live.

I agree. It was a high quality show in every way. But there's one thing I would change. Couldn't these people win at least ONCE? Seeing them working so hard just to have the rug being pulled from under them over and over again...hat was painful to watch. Couldn't Comet have coexisted alongside with Yahoo and Google?

I know that they say it couldn't be done because the show thakes place in the real world, but so did Don Draper, an no one had a problem with him coming up with one of the greatest commercials ever for the finale. Something similar could have been done with HACF

Another thing. I'd wish they had let Gordon live.

I guess that was part of the allure, you kept coming back hoping they would develop the next big thing and stay on top for a long time.

Earlier in this last season I came to the realization that Gordon had become my favorite character. Do you think the writers showcased him more this season knowing his days were numbered, and hence my reaction?

I guess that was part of the allure, you kept coming back hoping they would develop the next big thing and stay on top for a long time.

Earlier in this last season I came to the realization that Gordon had become my favorite character. Do you think the writers showcased him more this season knowing his days were numbered, and hence my reaction?

Gordon became my favorite too. I think that most likely his death was planned since they came up with his illness. They downplayed it in the last couple of seasons (I think) to make us hope that it would just be a chronic condition he'd be able to manage for many years. IMO that's why it hit us so hard when it happened. And yes, I agree, that was the reason they showcased him more

Gordon became my favorite too. I think that most likely his death was planned since they came up with his illness. They downplayed it in the last couple of seasons (I think) to make us hope that it would just be a chronic condition he'd be able to manage for many years. IMO that's why it hit us so hard when it happened. And yes, I agree, that was the reason they showcased him more

And I was just putty in the writers' hands, allowing Gordon to rise to the top of my list, and thus felt his death more than I would have previously.

It is a show that I enjoyed enough to consider binge watching it again one day, to see what little things I might have missed the first time around, as well as enjoy the performances one more time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter