Hang In There Joan-May '14 TR-video links 2/2

Shannon, I've missed you and certainly understand your not wanting to finish this TR.

I am looking forward to the plans for your trip with Roni and Willow. I've enjoyed getting to "know them" through Roni's current TR (my first of hers that I have read).

Thanks Kathy! I've missed all of you!

We are really looking forward to our trip with Roni and Willow this summer, and can't wait to share our plans with all of you.

Glad to see you back ... and I am weirdly intrigued by Bambi 3 - Flowers revenge (I assume with the subtitle: "This time, the hunters become the hunted!")

I am strongly of the opinion that writing a trip report should be something you want to do not something you feel you have to do. Doesn't mean they all have to be unicorns and rainbows - keeping things real can be therapeutic at times - but to spend the time it takes to write one of these and to look at that as a negative experience is just not worth it

Life is too short to drink bad wine and write up sad trip report!

Hope you upcoming trip is great and will look for that trip report!

Check out Bambi 3-it's a good one! LOL

I tried the honest-but-not-too-honest route, but I just could not find a way. A trip to WDW is always great, but this trip was just marred by so much. I wish that I could find a way to do a little more, but I haven't found one.

I hope that you'll join us planning the new trip-and I may write another short TR this spring!

Shannon, it's good to hear from you again even if the news isn't that great. I understand that it's tough rehashing a not-so-great time and it's probably best that you don't. Please let us know when you've started a pre-trip report or report.

Thanks for understanding Lisa. I'm looking forward to getting caught up on your TR-though you are probably done and gearing up for your next trip. I've missed all of you!

The PTR is the 2 Dis princesses one that's in my signature. I hope we'll see you there!

It is understandable that you would not want to relive no-so-pleasant moments.

Our last trip (12/14/14-12/21/14) was with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and their 2 kids (3 and 5). It was the first time we had travelled with other people and well... it is the last time we will travel with other people.

Though DH, DS15, DS13 and I had some really great moments the complaining from BIL was horrible!

Can't wait to see more adventures from Princess Maddie!

Thank you so much for understanding. I really wanted to share the trip, but just can't. We're doing one more extended family trip (more on that below), but that's it for us! Lesson (finally) learned!

I hope that you'll join in the fun of our PTR!

Noooooo!!!!

I hate that you aren't going to finish the TR, but I totally understand. If you just aren't feeling it then there's really no point in doing it. I'm just glad to see that you've made it back over here to at least say hi.

Take care and try to shake that Disney overload. If you and Roni don't feel like writing the next TR, just turn it over to the princesses. I'm sure their takes on everything would make for an interesting read. :rotfl2:

Hahahaha! Can you imagine Willow and Maddie writing our TR?

So then we met Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. We wanted to ride Space Mountain, but our moms said the line was too long. They always say that. Not fair. Then Maddie's mom made us get our pictures taken-AGAIN-without any characters!

Thanks for sticking with me Andy!

I totally get why you wouldn't want to drag that stuff up and I am sorry to hear that that was the end result of this trip. But I am glad to hear that it hasn't ruined Disney as a whole for you. Sometimes you just have to let things go and not relive them for the best of everybody.

I think it's for the best. I don't want to check out of the TR game forever, but this one was just too hard.

I hope you'll join us on our PTR

It's nice to see you, Shannon! :wave2:

I totally understand that you don't want to relive a poor vacation. I hope your next one is fabulous, and I hope we'll get a chance to hear all about it! :goodvibes

Thank you so much! I feel terrible about ditching this TR, but it seems like its for the best. I have every intention of keeping up with the next TR!

Abducted and brainwashed? You forgot probed... they always do that, don't they?

I might pay to see Pinocchio 4-The Chipper, BTW.

Sad to hear that you're done with the TR, but if the TR's no fun to write, then what's the point?

Odd, though...
I only follow a handful of TRs and yours is the second one today that the writer's decided to not continue it.

I totally understand and I hope your next trip is happier than the last.

pixiedust:

Well, since the DIS is family-friendly I thought that I should gloss over the details of the abduction.

It just wasn't any fun at all. I tried so many times...

I thought it was quite a coincidence that Queen and I threw in the towel on the same day. Made me sad as I love her TRs.

I'm hoping the next TR will be MUCH more fun to write, and am really looking forward to harassing you on your new TR!

Well, you are not the first person to give up on a TR because it re-hashes bad memories, and you won't be the last! I totally get it! :good vibes

Send the bat signal when you are ready to write about your next adventures!

Thanks for understanding Mary Ellen. I am certain that the next one will be much more fun!

Excited to hear about your latest adventures!

Oh Shannon I'm so glad that you posted! During your absence, I'd thought of you many times and had hoped that everything was okay.

I completely understand the DISfatique.... I definitely had it after writing my first TR and stayed away all Summer & Fall long hoping that I would regain enough interest to write another. Thankfully I did! But oh to have such a bad taste in your mouth after a trip, I'm SO sorry to hear that... and definitely understand why you wouldn't want to relive it through writing about it. Thanks so much for letting us know.

I can't wait to hear more about your Girls Trip that you're planning!! :cool1:

Writing a TR is draining some times isn't it? Thanks for understanding.

I just saw the link for your latest and am REALLY excited to get caught up over there.

Thanks again Rachel :goodvibes

Thank you again for understanding everyone. I still feel bad for not finishing, but a weight has definitely been lifted and I've been having a great time getting caught up on the DIS again!

If anyone looked at my tickers you may have noticed that there are 2 trips in the works!

MiL will turn 60 on April 1, and for that milestone birthday she wanted a trip with both her sons and all of her grandchildren (I think that daughters-in-law may have been optional). She settled on DCL, and after much back and forth, we all agreed to the short 3 day Bahamian on the Dream (I think. DCL is brand new to me). We may only get a taste of what DCL is like, but it should be a nice preview to see if a longer cruise would be right for future trips.

I'd love to keep the option of writing a short TR for that open. Who knows, maybe everyone will be on their best behavior! :laughing:

One of the things I'm most looking forward to on the cruise is the CC 5K that I've read about. Since I last posted here I've joined a gym and gotten pretty serious about keeping up with my running to keep my knee (and rapidly aging self) healthy! I tend to be a goal oriented person so I've set some races as goals to keep me on track. Unfortunately the friend who was supposed to run a 5K with me last spring backed out, and I didn't want to do it alone. The CC5K is really just a fun run, but it is timed so I think it will be the perfect first race for me, and low-key enough that I won't mind running it alone!

I'm also looking forward to a new world of Disney shopping! I think I NEED some DCL exclusive merch! :bitelip:

So, like I said, there could be a TR for that-and there will DEFINITELY be one for the July/August trip (which has undergone some changes). I hope that all of you will join us over there for some planning fun!

I tried to take more video on this trip with the hope of eventually making a trip video. That hasn't happened yet, but I thought that I could share a few of the ones that I'd intended to post on the TR!

Here's Maddie meeting talking Mickey

And I also have one of
Turtle Talk. I was late with the video, but Maddie had just asked Crush what he likes to eat. He was explaining that he eats sea grass, and asked Maddie a question about herself.

Thanks for letting me share!

Well, you know what they say... A video is worth a thousand posts....
Or something like that.
I've never seen talking Mickey before (heard of yes, seen, no) that was pretty impressive.
Thanks for the videos.
I couldn't make out what Maddie said her favourite food was, though?

Well, you know what they say... A video is worth a thousand posts....
Or something like that.
I've never seen talking Mickey before (heard of yes, seen, no) that was pretty impressive.
Thanks for the videos.
I couldn't make out what Maddie said her favourite food was, though?

She told him that her favorite snack was .... Goldfish. Obviously she meant the crackers, but his reaction was hilarious.

Love the video with Mickey.
Oh...I hope the cruise goes well.
I've not said anything on FB yet (although I've alluded to a surprise). I may be having a third trip to Disney this year and our dates may overlap. I'll post firm dates in my TR tomorrow or the next day.

Hi Shannon! I saw a notification in my email the other day and was meaning to respond. I totally TOTALLY understand not wanting to relive the bad parts of a vacation. I have gone to WDW with both my mom and my MIL in one trip, and last year my mom came with us again. This is not to say that there were not enjoyable parts to either of those trips, but there were also parts that ranged from annoying to downright infuriating. Glad you are back on the dis though, and I am going to go get caught up on your PTR for your girls trip :)

I completely understand why you don't want to relive a trip that you are not happy about and bothers you.

How exciting having two trips planned! Hope you enjoy the cruise and the planning for your girls only trip.

I just spent the evening reading your TR but understand not wanting to finish!! I am however excited to read your girls trip!! I am sure Willow and Maddie will have a blast! I read there trip report and think they are adorable so the 2 of you guys together sounds AWESOME!!!!

I am so glad you are back! I'm sorry that the trip didn't turn out the way you hoped, but can't wait to read your future reports! We did a 3 night Bahamian cruise a few years ago and LOVED it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter