Hang In There Joan-May '14 TR-video links 2/2

Yay! I am super late but I love reading about my favorite trip report writer's trips. I am jumping right in, so I may not catch up for a while.

Thanks for getting behind in updating because I was even more behind in reading! :lmao:

Wow Maddie looks so grown up going to second grade!

The quilt seriously looks AMAZING. I can only imagine how much work it took but it really does look fantastic.

Heading over to the PTR now!

I'm in for more adventures about Princess Maddie!

Those royal rooms are great - I bet Maddie loves them. I ADORE the Princess Anna coronation dress that she selected. Your daughter has excellent taste! :thumbsup2

I hope you come back to update soon! I need my Disney Fix!

I've also never heard of the Candelabra at BoG. Is that new?

I can't wait ti try BOG but I will be going for lunch, the dinner options just don't look that appealing to me.

Maddie looks like she handled herself well for being bored, I think my girls would have been out of their seats playing! :lmao:

Meeting the Beast must be so nice, I wish they would have in out in other places than just BOG dinner.

I've been way behind on keeping up with TR's. I'm trying to get caught up, so I stopped to see what I've missed here.

Thanks for waiting for me. :rolleyes1 :lmao::rotfl2:

I hope everything is ok. :thumbsup2

And by the way... I hate the Cubs even more than I used to. If I could pick any manager in MLB to manage my team, it would be Joe Maddon. When he announced he was leaving Tampa the first thought through my head was why couldn't he have done that a year ago??? As much as I dislike the Cubs, I think they did the right thing.

Tap, Tap, Tap

:mic: Is this thing on? :mic:
Hello folks, remember me? When I last left you I was buried in Lilo orders. Shortly thereafter something terrible happened. I was abducted by aliens and brainwashed. After being forced to watch direct-to-video classics such as Bambi 3- Flower’s Revenge, 147 Dalmatians, and Pinocchio 4-The Chipper I gave up and swore off Disney forever. But now, after extensive therapy, I’m back.

Okay, okay. That’s not entirely true. I’m sure that you’ve all felt at one time or another that the DIS can be overwhelming. Writing and TR and being active on other’s TRs can seem like another job! I blamed DISfatigue for my absence and thought I just needed some time.

Eventually, though, I realized that this time it was more than that. Obviously any time that someone outside of your immediate family joins you on vacation, dynamics change and there will be some moments of unhappiness-even at WDW. This trip had that and so much more. Honestly, this trip just wasn’t very good. Oh, we had our moments Bryan, Maddie, and I. The rides were still fun, the characters a joy, and the food delicious. The interaction between our expanded travel party? Not so much.

I’ve tried so many times to sit down and write cheerfully about our adventures. The words simply don’t come. Honestly, I can’t let myself relive this trip. Irreparable damage was done, and for my own sanity I can’t rehash it.

I hate to abandon this TR, but I don’t see another option. I am so sorry.

On a happier note, I am having a TON of fun planning our upcoming Girls’ Trip with Roni and Willow. I feel certain that even if we hate one another by the time the trip is over we’ll complete that TR!

I have missed all of you and the DIS very much and look forward to sharing our trip planning with you, and of course catching up on your TRs as well.

Shannon, I've missed you and certainly understand your not wanting to finish this TR.

I am looking forward to the plans for your trip with Roni and Willow. I've enjoyed getting to "know them" through Roni's current TR (my first of hers that I have read).

Glad to see you back ... and I am weirdly intrigued by Bambi 3 - Flowers revenge (I assume with the subtitle: "This time, the hunters become the hunted!")

I am strongly of the opinion that writing a trip report should be something you want to do not something you feel you have to do. Doesn't mean they all have to be unicorns and rainbows - keeping things real can be therapeutic at times - but to spend the time it takes to write one of these and to look at that as a negative experience is just not worth it

Life is too short to drink bad wine and write up sad trip report!

Hope you upcoming trip is great and will look for that trip report!

Shannon, it's good to hear from you again even if the news isn't that great. I understand that it's tough rehashing a not-so-great time and it's probably best that you don't. Please let us know when you've started a pre-trip report or report.

It is understandable that you would not want to relive no-so-pleasant moments.

Our last trip (12/14/14-12/21/14) was with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and their 2 kids (3 and 5). It was the first time we had travelled with other people and well... it is the last time we will travel with other people.

Though DH, DS15, DS13 and I had some really great moments the complaining from BIL was horrible!

Can't wait to see more adventures from Princess Maddie!

Noooooo!!!!

I hate that you aren't going to finish the TR, but I totally understand. If you just aren't feeling it then there's really no point in doing it. I'm just glad to see that you've made it back over here to at least say hi.

Take care and try to shake that Disney overload. If you and Roni don't feel like writing the next TR, just turn it over to the princesses. I'm sure their takes on everything would make for an interesting read. :rotfl2:

I totally get why you wouldn't want to drag that stuff up and I am sorry to hear that that was the end result of this trip. But I am glad to hear that it hasn't ruined Disney as a whole for you. Sometimes you just have to let things go and not relive them for the best of everybody.

It's nice to see you, Shannon! :wave2:

I totally understand that you don't want to relive a poor vacation. I hope your next one is fabulous, and I hope we'll get a chance to hear all about it! :goodvibes

Abducted and brainwashed? You forgot probed... they always do that, don't they?

I might pay to see Pinocchio 4-The Chipper, BTW.

Sad to hear that you're done with the TR, but if the TR's no fun to write, then what's the point?

Odd, though...
I only follow a handful of TRs and yours is the second one today that the writer's decided to not continue it.

I totally understand and I hope your next trip is happier than the last.

pixiedust:

Well, you are not the first person to give up on a TR because it re-hashes bad memories, and you won't be the last! I totally get it! :good vibes

Send the bat signal when you are ready to write about your next adventures!

Oh Shannon I'm so glad that you posted! During your absence, I'd thought of you many times and had hoped that everything was okay.

I completely understand the DISfatique.... I definitely had it after writing my first TR and stayed away all Summer & Fall long hoping that I would regain enough interest to write another. Thankfully I did! But oh to have such a bad taste in your mouth after a trip, I'm SO sorry to hear that... and definitely understand why you wouldn't want to relive it through writing about it. Thanks so much for letting us know.

I can't wait to hear more about your Girls Trip that you're planning!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter