Hang In There Joan-May '14 TR-video links 2/2

Good Lord! Don't say that!

Well as long as it's not winter yet I'm okay.

Nope.

Hang on...

Just a sec....

Wait....

Almost....

Okay, I'm ready now. Go ahead. popcorn::

Gird your loins!

See, I would take that as, "We've won a prize!!"

I must not be nearly optimistic enough. That though NEVER crossed my mind. :rotfl:

You? Then you gave it to Maddie?
(Or she grabbed it out of your hand... whichever.)

Oh she was MUCH more enthusiastic than I. She earned it.

::yes:: When we've gone, I tell them going in, "We are not buying anything else!"

UGh. It was awful! If I'd known we'd have brought one of our Disney light up thingies. I felt grateful to get out having only purchased that.

Oh, boy. Boys will be beating a path to your door in the not-so-distant future.
Probably, oh... about five-six years from now. (You'll see. They start earlier nowadays.)

Oh god I hope not. Bryan's heart may not be able to take it.

Hello! It's pretzels! Of course you stopped.

it's nice that you understand us.

Didn't realize that.
Why didn't she go before?

I think that since it's sort of hidden she didn't really notice it/wanted to do other stuff instead. I'm so glad we rode!

Whoa!
Note to self. Do not cross Shan.... ever.

The TR is nothing if not informative!

Newsflash! MK all broken! Tourists mill about with nothing to do! Gift shops have record sales!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: That's exactly what it felt like!

Looking forward to it! Thanks for the update, Shanvanan. :goodvibes[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ponzicorn!

Wow, that quilt is just beautiful! You are a great mom!

I can't believe Maddie started school already! We still have 2 weeks here. Love her outfit, though.

Sorry about Bryan's finger. Glad it's okay! Men are such exaggerators.

Beautiful BBB pics. I'd have a hard time choosing.

You had a full day at the MK! Sounds like a lot of trekking back and forth, but also a lot of fun.

Thank you so much!

it's early isn't it? They'll be in until the end of May too!

He's usually not that bad, so this time it surprised me!

Looks like such a great trip!!

Thanks so much! Thanks for joining in!

:scared1: I'd be a little bit panicked in that situation too. I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it was.

I felt terrible for him, it was super painful!

Wow. Kind of hard to believe she's in second grade, yet she looks even older... :eek:

Sorry to point that out, mom. :rolleyes1

You're killin' me.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!? :faint:

And you've been depriving her of it all these years!!! :rolleyes1

Bad parents. Guilty as charged. She LOVED it!

You play to win...

Thank you for understanding.

Yeah, that's about the only reasonable solution, but it is a pain when you go to 2 different headline attractions and both are down. :headache:

We're going to hold you to that promise. :rolleyes1

It was so disappointing. A nice solution though.

The quilt is beautiful! Maddie's school outfit is great. Love the sneakers!! I'm so excited to hear about your next potential trip....I have a feeling I know who the 2 are! Can't wait to hear about it. :banana:

Thanks for joining in! And thanks for the kind words!

Do you know that we have NEVER been to Medieval Times and it's only like 20 minutes from our house? It looks like you all had a great time.

Love the quilt; and Maddie looks so grown up on her first day of school. Time is flying fast.

I love the photopass pics from her makeover.

You got quite a bit accomplished despite the rain. Hmmmm...I think my husband cheats. Maybe you and him should ride together and I'll ride with Bryan. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You should go to ME! It was fun!

Way too fast. Where's my baby?

hahaha! Mr. Mark and I in the cheaters car? Sounds great!

Glad Bryan is ok! How scary!

I LOVE the quilt. I still think it is a brilliant idea and it turned out great!

You know I'll be tuning in to any other TRs or PTRs you do.

Thank you so much! YOu are too, too sweet!

Hope school is going well for Maddie!

The quilt looks amazing!!

Sounds like y'all were having fun despite the rain! :thumbsup2

Thanks Amanda! how is Reid liking first grade?

It was a good day. We didn't do as well the next day...

The quilt is incredible! Off to sub your PTR.

yay!!! Thanks!

That quilt is amazing! If only I had the powers of a needle and thread...(I'd probably stab myself about 80 million times.)

Looks like Medieval Times was fun! I love going there!

I've sewn my finger to the machine more times than I can count LOL

It was a lot of gun!

Awesome quilt! And TR so far, I'm subbing. :thumbsup2

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!!

Honest... I did write a rather long response to your last update and included quotes and photos... well.. it just didn't work out and now it's late Thursday and here I am...

So, I love the quilt! It's such a wonderful memory, made with love and is beautiful to see finished or semi finished!

School starts really early out your way, and love her first day off to school photo. But, I do want to see the frozen outfit...

And, just watched the "Inside Actor's Studio" tribute to Robin Williams and when he did the wave and said "Scew in the lightbulb" had to laugh as I thought you and Maddie perfecting that wave!

So, now, I'm off to read the new pre-trip report!

Two at once is exciting! Karen

Thanks Karen! I love how it's turning out, and can't wait to be finished.

That's awesome! I have to look that up!!!

Thanks so much!

The One With Be Our Guest

When making ADR plans for our trip I asked for my family’s input. Bry wanted a few signatures and Via Napoli, and Maddie wanted every character meal and Be Our Guest. So I decided that for the first full day of the trip we’d do a double castle whammy.

We checked in at 6:15 for our 6:30 reservation and like last year requested NOT to be seated in the West Wing. The CM stationed there made a call right in front of us and passed on that info.

Since it was still raining, they let us into the castle while we waited for our name to be called. MiL had never dined at the restaurant before so we took the opportunity to show her around.

We waited for about 15 minutes before our name was called and Miss Maddie was given the candelabra to carry to our table. I’m not going to lie, I was a little jealous-I just love Lumierre.

Our table was located right up against the windows so we could not only watch the “snow” but had a nice view of the ballroom as well. It was also where they parked the dessert cart, so we looked at those for the whole meal. I do think that the theming at BoG is absolutely incredible, but having dined here 3 times, I also think that the ballroom’s size and sheer volume of tables makes it feel a little “cafeteria” to me.

Our friendly server approached after a few minutes and quickly filled our drink orders. We were all hungry so we ordered as soon as she did.
Maddie selected the kid’s fruit cup as her appetizer (sorry no app or entrée photos). It was mostly grapes, but she loves grapes so that worked out nicely.

Bryan had the mussels -Mussels Provencal - with white wine, tomato, garlic, onion, basil and butter $12.99. He enjoyed them, but said that the broth wasn’t as rich as he hoped it would be. His favorite part of any mussels dish is soaking up the broth with bread, so that’s a pretty major thing for him.

I’d tried the French Onion soup last year and was quite disappointed so I selected the potato and leek soup- Potato Leek Soup $6.49
It was good, but tasted very salty to me. I had MiL sample some since I am not one to use much salt. She agreed that it was a bit too salty. I assume this was a simple seasoning issue though, I wouldn’t hesitate to try it again.

MiL selected the salad as her starter- Garden Salad - with Champagne Vinaigrette $5.49. She enjoyed it very much and said it was a nice counterpoint to all of the rich food she’d had that day (and it was only day one! She had no idea what she was in for!)

Our appetizer plates were cleared just as our entrees arrived. Bryan had chosen the NY strip-Grilled Strip Steak - with garlic-herb butter and pommes frites $33.49. I suspect that he chose this based on the fact that it came with the fries-he’s a big fan of those fries. The steak was slightly over cooked, but he enjoyed it enough. It wasn’t the best steak that either of us would have on the trip, but we didn’t expect it to be.

I decided that I’d try something new and got the pork chop- Thyme-scented Pork Rack Chop - with au gratin macaroni, seasonal vegetables and red wine au jus $23.99. The chop was cooked just as I’d requested (medium), but it was still a little dry. The au jus helped, but eventually I ran out. I like thyme as much as the next guy, but it was the only seasoning that I detected and it was a little overwhelming. The seasonal vegetable was green beans and they were delicious, as was the mac and cheese. I’d have eaten an entire plate of that mac and cheese.

Maddie picked the grilled chicken breast which no longer seems to be on the menu. It came with fries, and while she only ate a few bites of chicken, the fries were gone quickly.

Finally it was time for my favorite part of dinner at Be Our Guest-dessert!

Maddie got the Lemon Cupcake. She liked it very much.

I chose the Chocolate Crème Puff which I’d loved on our last visit. Unfortunately on this evening the pastry was very dense and dry. There was plenty of filling though, so I broke it in half and sort of spread the filling around.

MiL got what I think was the Grey Stuff and a cup of coffee.

That’s obviously what’s on top, and it appears to be served on a brownie. I did note that she really enjoyed it and said that it was very rich. I also made note of the fact that Maddie got very antsy while MiL enjoyed her coffee. Antsy Maddie looks something like this:

Once finished we paid up and went off to meet the Master. Maddie wanted MiL to join her since she’d never had the pleasure of making his acquaintance. They had a nice visit and posed for some photos before we headed back out into the drizzle.

Be Our Guest-Dinner

Service – 4. Server was pleasant and prompt, nothing to complain about

Food- 3 – for the most part the food wasn’t seasoned properly, but was edible

Would we Return? If it weren’t for the Beast I’d be a lunch only kind of gal when it comes to Be Our Guest. I’m not opposed to returning, but there are other places I’d rather use my dining credits.

Cost of the meal for 2 adults and 1 child- $108.05 Price of 2 adult and 1 child’s deluxe dining credit-$80
Savings for this meal- $28 Total Savings thus far- $68

Maddie was fading fast, so after dinner we did a little shopping and headed back to POR. She had decided that she’d like to have both the Tiana and Sophia dresses in exchange for stuffed animals so we got both of those as well as a Mickey Pretzel shaped magnet for me at the Emporium. We didn’t wait long for a bus, and were back in our room by 9:45. Maddie was interested in swimming, but having been in the rain most of the day no one was much interested in joining her. We promised to swim another evening and watched some Stacey before turning in.

Candelabra... is that new? I don't remember hearing about that before. Then again I've not done a dinner there before, so what do I know?

You know it's funny that you mention the sheer volume of tables in the ballroom and yet it's still a tough reservation to get. It really shows how popular it is. I do love the look of the ballroom best though.

I wonder how many people order food simply because they feel they should when what they really want is the dessert. Of course, I also wonder if that applies to most dining experiences?

I've only eaten there once and for lunch and i think the only reason why I would do dinner would be Beast.

OK, now be honest Shannon... How many teeth marks are currently in that Mickey pretzel magnet???

Sounds like a perfect table location - if tempting to skip right to dessert with the cart right there.

Obviously the themeing there is top notch but the way you describe it and from many food reviews I have read, BOG comes off as an amazing counter service place for lunch but lacking a bit as fancy table service dinner location. But meeting the Master is pretty special

After three dinners at BOG, we needed a break too. I am hoping very much to try lunch next month.

I loved the Onion Soup...had it every visit. I also had Bryan's steak last time and it wasn't too bad (no comparison to Yachtsman, of course). And I agree on the pork chop...the thyme was overwhelming.

All of your dessert choices look great.

Two more dresses? Does Maddie have the Master closet in your home? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Too bad BoG was a bit disappointing! Sounds like the table location and the desserts made up for it at least. Maybe you were supposed to have a drink first before eating ;)

I had intended for us to try BoG for lunch on our upcoming trip. But, I found an ADR for 6:30 on our arrival night & since we're going to MK that night, figured we might as well give it a try.

:confused3 I totally thought I commented on this right after you posted your update. Now I realize that it was just our conversation about BoG. :rotfl2:

As you know, I'm with you on BoG. Our dinner experience was mediocre at bet - hey, we didn't even get a candelabra!!! :headache: Nonetheless, I could be talked into trying it again if two little princesses really wanted to meet the beast. ;)

Okay, you know the truth - I want to meet The Beast! :rotfl2: Not sure it's worth the dining credits to do so though.... :faint:

I love that Maddie was still up for some swimming after that long day. She is something else! :lovestruc

Love how the quilt is coming along and Maddie looks so grown up on her first day of school!

Sounds like you had fun at MK..a shame about the app being wrong on the wait times but at least you avoided the queues and managed to fit other things in to your day.

I'm sorry that your dinner at Be Our Guest was just okay. It sounds like they may have had a "seasoning issue" that evening. We had lunch there but not dinner and I'm on the fence as to whether or not to book dinner there.

Sorry that your dinner wasn't spectacular. The atmosphere looks amazing, though. We just scored an invite to BOG for lunch when we go in a few weeks and are looking forward to seeing it!

I love Maddie's antsy faces. Especially in the last one, she looks so old. Like a glimpse of how she'll look as a teenager. Love the Beast pics!

When making ADR plans for our trip I asked for my family’s input.

And then immediately discarded their suggestions and made ADRs for whatever I wanted.

So I decided that for the first full day of the trip we’d do a double castle whammy.

See?

requested NOT to be seated in the West Wing. The CM stationed there made a call right in front of us and passed on that info.

ummm... because?
Was it because it just didn't look inviting?
I don't remember.

We waited for about 15 minutes before our name was called and Miss Maddie was given the candelabra to carry to our table. I’m not going to lie, I was a little jealous-I just love Lumierre.

It's because of the French accent, right?
Vraiment? Je n'ai jamais te dit que je parle français?

It was also where they parked the dessert cart, so we looked at those for the whole meal.

Just a little distracting!

Bryan had the mussels -Mussels Provencal

Wouldn't it have been better if they called it "Gaston's mussels"?

MiL selected the salad as her starter- Garden Salad - with Champagne Vinaigrette $5.49. She enjoyed it very much and said it was a nice counterpoint to all of the rich food she’d had that day (and it was only day one! She had no idea what she was in for!)

:lmao:

I’d have eaten an entire plate of that mac and cheese.

It's such a simple meal... but sooooo good.

Nope.
Doesn't look bored at all.
Nope.

Maddie was fading fast, so after dinner we did a little shopping and headed back to POR. She had decided that she’d like to have both the Tiana and Sophia dresses in exchange for stuffed animals so we got both of those as well as a Mickey Pretzel shaped magnet for me at the Emporium. We didn’t wait long for a bus, and were back in our room by 9:45. Maddie was interested in swimming, but having been in the rain most of the day no one was much interested in joining her. We promised to swim another evening and watched some Stacey before turning in.

Funny how kids can be completely exhausted, but mention the word pool, and they perk right up.

Good choice on the magnet, BTW.

Thanks for the update Shanzip! :goodvibes

One of these days she'll grow up and you can have Lumierre to yourself. :rotfl2:

I do think that the theming at BoG is absolutely incredible, but having dined here 3 times, I also think that the ballroom’s size and sheer volume of tables makes it feel a little “cafeteria” to me.
Hadn't really thought about it like that, but yeah, I can totally see that.

I suspect that he chose this based on the fact that it came with the fries-he’s a big fan of those fries.
They are quite good. This is definitely what I'd get there.

Would we Return? If it weren’t for the Beast I’d be a lunch only kind of gal when it comes to Be Our Guest. I’m not opposed to returning, but there are other places I’d rather use my dining credits.
That's pretty much where I stand on it. I've never had dinner there. I'd like to sometime, but I think it is a great counter service lunch and just don't see the need for the ADR in most cases.

Glad to have finally found this TR! {I followed your last one and really enjoyed it.} I am looking forward to hearing how a few of your meals went. A couple of the meals you mentioned in your intro are some that I am waffling over. Specifically the H&V Breakfast and the Yachtsmen and HDDR is high on the seriously considering list.

And I believe that your MIL desert in question in your last post is called the Master's Brownie. Or the Master's Something. I'm almost sure that Master is in the title. {Helpful, I know! :rotfl:}

We leave tomorrow morning, so if I"m not posting, that's why! :hyper:

I'll be wearing my Maleficent shirt, so I'll be sure to take pics!

Loved reading the review of Be Our Guest...sounds like you had a lovely time made even more perfect by Maddie being able to carry the candleabra! :thumbsup2

A shame the food wasn't all that though...

Hey guys, remember me? :guilty: I'm going to try to get an update posted tomorrow, but if I don't I'll be back next week for sure. It's just been super busy around here. I spent last week working on a super fun project for a fellow DISer-and I hope that she'll come out of hiding to share it with you all when she receives it! Thanks for sticking with me.I promise I'll be back!

Are you joining the Frozen backpack hunt? There are a few on Toy R Us's website, and one on Target I think, but I don't love them. Of course we both want the sparkly blue one that's going for a king's ransom on Amazon and Ebay.

Sorry I have been Dis-absent lately and just saw this, we did not look for a frozen backpack. I'm sure Adison would like me to get her one, but I bought her one at Pottery Barn Kids 2 years ago and it's still going strong! Of course the value of a sturdy bag that lasts a few years is lost on Adison, her comment the first day she used it was that it's "not fair" other kids have princesses on their bags :sad2::sad2:

The One Where Our Heroes are Unsuccessful

Neither Maddie nor I remember much about this M&G. From photos it appears that the princesses chatted with Mads about a few things, posed for photos, and offered a goodbye hug. Pretty standard.

When we met Rapunzel at PFTH she was awesome! One of my favorite character meets this year. Adison was dressed in the coronation dress, fresh out of BBB too, and toting along her A&E flip doll. Rapunzel was excited that "anna" had brought along a friend to play hide & seek with, and they took turns hiding the doll and finding it. Very cute interaction!

We also originally had FP+ set up for the previous arrangement of princesses and our FP reservations were unceremoniously dropped when they moved things around to fit in A&E. We were not given a bonus FP+, however thanks to a group text I was part of (made to orchestrate A&E FP stalking as well as stalking soft openings of 7DMT) I was made aware that the A&E FP+ were available immediately when it happened and I was able to secure one for our BBB day.. so in the end it worked out completely in our favor (but again only because I am a mega stalker in the months leading up to our trip). As it turns out, the FP+ were snapped up super fast, because people in my FB planning group were trying to get them just an hour or two later and they were all gone for the entire month (which is ridiculously crazy, not to mention plain old ridiculous).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter