• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happiest Celebration on Earth Swap?!?? for anyone

My name is Jenny and I live in Cary, NC. Its a suburb of Raleigh. I'm 31 and have been married for just under 2 years. My DH and I are in the process of building our first house and should be done and ready to move in the middle of June. No children yet but we do have a dog and a cat.

I travel to WDW at least once a year. For the past couple of years I've had a AP and have gone 3 or 4 times with my mom and sister.

The first scrapbook I did was two years ago for my engagement and I've been working at it since then. I too love collecting scrapbooking items more than I use them. I am addicted to these swaps LOL or at least thats what my DH keeps telling me.

Poetterfreak- DH and I are trying for number 2?3? also!!!

To explain the question marks, I have a stepdaughter-10 almost 11, one I gave birth to (1 1/2 Yrs old) , and we are trying for another, so depending on whose counting that makes the second or third. Anyway.

I live in NJ, hate it, want to move. DH got me into Disney, he is the freak not me, I just come up with creative ways to keep Disney memories. I have always been a picture freak though. My walls and covered with picture frames!! If you look at my photos you'll quickly realize the places my husband and I enjoy most are WDW and Key West. If you look at the rest of the pictures you would think I very take the camera off my 1 1/2 year old :)

I have scrapped for about two years now, before that (and I guess still now but to a lesser degree) I craft anythign and everything. Knitting and crocheting were my favorite for awhile ( I think it came along with the whole trying to have a baby and then pregnancy thing) and now if anad when I have free time it is usually for scrapbooking or reading.

That's it for now.

I forgot to add...

I like any craft activite, I sew,cross stich, knitting, crochet, since age 12, thanks to my Grandmother and my old mean Aunt Nina, she was an old single lady, and we (Me and my little sister, she was like 8 or 9 ) had to go to her house 3 times a week to spend time with her, and our chores were, sewing, cooking, knitting, crochet, etc, etc, etc, :crazy: 3 times a week for 4 hours, no TV, no playing ball, not until our chores were done. Try that now! :lmao:

Yeah, pikiedust 32, I know. I responded too. I was on the list and now I'm not.
That's why I was wondering what happened. I don't just generally expect to be made aware of every swap. I thought I was in this one. It seems I got lost in the shuffle somewhere. That's all I was saying. Perhaps I'll get in on another.

bclydia said:
That's why I was wondering what happened. I don't just generally expect to be made aware of every swap. I thought I was in this one. It seems I got lost in the shuffle somewhere. That's all I was saying. Perhaps I'll get in on another.

Huh? What happened here? LOL I am lost on that response...

MyLittlePiglet, wow, trying make a new baby when your youngest is 1.5, you're braver than me!!! My oldest and my youngest are 3 years, 9 months apart and that's what we are trying to copy with this new baby. 9 days until we begin "actively" trying :teacher: yay, isn't that supposed to be the fun part? LOL How long have you and your DH been trying? I am super nervous! To get pregnant with DD6, it took 18 months. With DD3, I got pregnant 3 days after I threw away my birth control pills (LMAO!!!). This time, I am terrified that it will take forever again. Oh well, it is what is. Like I said, the fun is in the trying.... :smokin:

Hee hee!

bclydia said:

I am not sure how you missed it either. It has continued to be the same post/thread. I asked people to confirm their interest and pick a word. When everyone had replied and I had given everyone like 4-5 days I ammused you weren'tnterested anymore because of due date or rules or something. Sorry. I am not sure that it is fair to ask everyone to make one more set on items and include you in (again?). Again I am sorry, M

Potterphreak-

My husband and I went off birthcontrol in March. I was on the Depo shot and they say anywhere for 3-6 months to become fertile again. I had a mini period already and should be getting my period again this week. If I do I know that I am probably ovulating again. The first time I go pregnant I had a miscarriage (i was barely pregnant if you know what I mean) and then when my husband and I were finally ready to try we got pregnant the first month (in Disney, it was very funny) We planned a relazing vacation for when we knew I would be ovalulating.

Yeah the whole having another baby so soon is scary and then not. To be honest I didn't have the easiest first pregnancy and am nervous how this one is going to go with already having a toddler to care for now. In hind sight pregnancy and the first year where REALLY REALLy hard and I am not looking ofrward to it again. However I have to go through that again to have the 1, and 2 ,etc year old that I adore. It is just is a whole other world once you sleep through the night again and after they stop breastfeeding etc. I love being a Mommy, but would skip the first year if possible :)

And actually in hind sight again I probably would have tried to get pregnant agin sooner to have the kids even closer in age. The way we are trying for (pregnant by the fall) they would be about 3 years apart in age and two years apart in school. It works for us. Okay i have babbled on far to long with far too many typos :)

rlovew said:
My name is Rebecca. I live in South Florida (about 2 hours from WDW). I teach 3rd grade. My DH and I just had a house built and trying for Baby #1. We are up at WDW about once a month or two but we normally only go for a weekend. We are going with a group of teens on a high school trip tomorrow. I haven't been scrapbooking long but have been collecting stuff.

Let us know how it was once you get back.... I have 17 days to our trip is I counted on my fingers right :) :banana:

MyLittlePiglet said:
Let us know how it was once you get back.... I have 17 days to our trip is I counted on my fingers right :) :banana:

AK was so crowded you could hardly move on Saturday. Sunday at MGM was good as far as crowds but evene being from South Florida we couldn't keep going into the evening with the heat. Wow was it hot, Sunday was a day with record breaking temps. AK is sure miserable on hot days, I much prefer going in the winter but I have a short trip in June (just a few hours on the way to visit Gramndmom) and then we will stop goping back until the fall.

bclydia said:

OMG! Take it easy, I was just saying that in a good way, you don't need to be rude to me :sad2: I didn't know maybe in the past people send messages to previous swappers. Gosh! :sad2:

okay experienced swappers help this newbie swapper/hostess with a question...

Are all the elements supposed to be exactly alike? Example: and can you believe I actually took the time to think of something I am NOT doing so no one would know what I am doing. If I were making photo mats and was going to embellish with stickers and I bought stickers that had say 2 sheets 15 stickers all different. Could I embellish one person photo frame with a mickey sticker and one with tinkerbell etc and it still be fair..... or should they all by identical?

Thanks
M

This is just my little opinion, but I think it's ok for them to be embellished a little differently! That makes them unique! :thumbsup2 Thanks for hosting this one--I am excited about it! :cheer2:

MyLittlePiglet said:
okay experienced swappers help this newbie swapper/hostess with a question...

Are all the elements supposed to be exactly alike? Example: and can you believe I actually took the time to think of something I am NOT doing so no one would know what I am doing. If I were making photo mats and was going to embellish with stickers and I bought stickers that had say 2 sheets 15 stickers all different. Could I embellish one person photo frame with a mickey sticker and one with tinkerbell etc and it still be fair..... or should they all by identical?

Thanks
M

i would think it'd be ok...as long as your photo frames are the same. it wouldn't make sense for you to buy 16 (or how many ever) sets of stickers, so you can use the mickey ones, and what would you do w/the rest? that's a lot of stickers not being used!! and this swap would cost everyone a big fortune!

of course, unless there's a "rule" somewhere...i'm really new to this as well. so this is just my opinion... :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter