Happily Ever After Viewing

Gregwva

Earning My Ears
DD here with multiple trips under the belt. Our Disney World trip is getting close, and we have everything planned out except where to view the Happily Ever After Fireworks show. We have three kids aged 4, 4 and 2, so we need to find a spot where they can see it. We paid for the Dessert Party at Epcot, but I don't see paying for another Dessert Party at MK. Any suggestions would be helpful. MK day is only 30 days away.

If I were you, I’d trade the FEA party for the HEA party, but that’s just me. MUCH easier to find s good spot for illuminations than HEA. Anyway, In front of the Partners statue gives a great view, but you have to stake it out hours before hand. Pretty much, as long as you have a good view of the front of the castle, you’re not too close or too far away, you’ll be fine. Just be prepared to get VERY up close and personal with a bunch of strangers.

I disagree with disneydreamer1980 in that I don't think you should switch the party. While I haven't done the terrace view, I didn't think the garden view was that great. There are trees and light poles in the way. We always manage to find a space in the hub about 20 minutes prior. I do agree with disneydreamer1980 that as long as you have a good view of the front of the castle you will fine. The only thing I would be prepared for, and I'm not sure how you're going to manage it with 3 kids is that they're going to have to be picked up in order to see the projections. There have been times that my 5 year old has had to go up on my husbands shoulders as everyone in front of us put their kids on their shoulders and then my daughter couldn't see even after we picked her up. If you are saying you need a spot where the 3 of them can see without being picked up, then you're going to have to get there really early to get right up to the front of the castle.

Thanks for the responses. I had heard that about the HEA, and my 2 year old daughter really wants to do Frozen. I hate using the fastpass on that since DW really wants to do Soaring for first time in 5 years. This is first time the twins are tall enough to ride. I didn't know if we could see it ok on main street or get a decent view obstructed spot somewhere that they could stand on. I have a feeling our 2 year old DD will be asleep by fireworks time at HEA.

There really isn't anything that can be stood on and even if there was, if a CM saw your children they will ask them to get down. It's a safety issue. I would really stay in the hub area. The further back you go down main street, the farther you will be from the projections.

I will say that it is possible to get Soarin' as a 4th fastpass same day (if you do decide to do the HEA party and cancel the Frozen one). I will also say that the Frozen party is my favorite party and think you will have a great time. One word of caution. While I have never had this happen to me and I haven't heard of it happening recently, it is possible that you might not ride Frozen after Illuminations. If for some reason the ride is down then you're out of luck.

I didn’t find the plaza garden view to be obstructed at all. I’ve heard the Terrace view is, but I’ve never done that one. It was soooo nice to be able to stretch out on the grass when everyone else was elbow to elbow in the crowd. I understand wanting to do FEA with little girls, but really you’re just paying for a private ride on FRozen. You can find a great view of illuminations easily.

B1 will put you in the center section of Soarin. The new version is very flawed as compared to the previous version. There is much more distortion if you are sitting on a non-center section. The Eiffel Tower in particular looks very droopy.

I know you said you are not interested in switching parties, but just to share a tip for this or future trips: If you get a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill, you can get on Soarin with no wait before the rope drop guests arrive. That is what we do so we can ride Soarin for our 6 year olds and get a FP for HEA for our elsa-obsessed toddler

I’d also really consider switching your dessert party to the HEA Dessert Party. We just did this party a few weeks ago and the view was awesome! There was plenty of room to spread out and we could see the fireworks perfectly. We kept on looking at all the people on Main Street packed in like sardines and were so appreciative of our spot and view. My family decided the HEA Dessert Party is a must-do from now on.

Right before they start putting you in the rows, you can politely ask the Cast Member if you could wait to be put in B1. I've not been back since the new version of Soarin was put in so have not done this, but TouringPlans and DisUnplugged both recommend doing this.

Get a table early doors eating outside at Casey's Corner, you can get tables right by the railings of the walkway, during the show they prevent people from standing on that wall way so you have a great view!

Here is a picture from one of my reviews:

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 11.11.45 PM.png

Thanks for the responses. I had heard that about the HEA, and my 2 year old daughter really wants to do Frozen. I hate using the fastpass on that since DW really wants to do Soaring for first time in 5 years. This is first time the twins are tall enough to ride. I didn't know if we could see it ok on main street or get a decent view obstructed spot somewhere that they could stand on. I have a feeling our 2 year old DD will be asleep by fireworks time at HEA.

if you use your FPs strategically -- you can typically score a soarin' FP after you've used your 3 FPs.

Or FEA typically doesn't have waits >30 minutes until an hour after opening now. RD Frozen, FP Soarin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter