Happy Mickey-versary for 15 yrs! An Oct. 2011 PTR NEW: 11/13 Pretend Disney? & TRlink

Love the sneak peek from your trip. Looks like you guys had some great fun and R&R together. :goodvibes Many prayers and pixie dust continue to come your way.pixiedust::hug:

Been so crazy lately, barely have time to Dis :guilty: :sad1: but back on today to get some hello's in and post ups on both my PTR/TR's...I hope to get some of the TR post typed up so as soon as my PP pixs arrive I can get the oct. TR moving :cool1: so please hang in there...thanks :grouphug:

Sending out prayers for Matt. What a blessing to have been able to enjoy your special trip together before the problems became unbearable. Prayers that the situation is easily remedied and causes no long term issues with his mobility.

Oh yay! I'm so keeping my eyes open for the "vacation feet" shot! :banana:

The pics of the two of you are fantastic. You look so relaxed and like you are really enjoying each other's company. LOVE IT! :thumbsup2

thank you so much Missy! less than a week now till the surgery, we are anxious for this part to be done and get on the road to recovery and Disney ;)

I think a vacation feet shot will have to be a new must take picture maybe even make a scrap keepsake book :laughing:

Oh Julie I'm so sorry to hear about Matt! We will be praying right along with you that everything will turn out okay!!!

thanks jen! I'll send news on FB and the DIS after the surgery end of week :angel:

I am so sorry to hear about your husband's health problems. Your family will be in my prayers.:grouphug:

thank you :goodvibes

Glad you had a nice trip together and can't wait to see more pictures! We looked for you that night at MNSSHP but it was hard to see alot of costumes because of all the ponchos!:goodvibes My Glinda and Luke Skywalker had an awesome time!

yes it would have been sweet to meet some Disers that night, but it was a bit crazy at first w/ that downpour...glad to hear your kiddos had a great time. we so want to go back w/ ours :thumbsup2

Hi there Julie-

first off- welcome home!

second- so GREAT to meet you and Matt- you guys looked awesome in your costumes and were just so sweet!

third- HUGS for Matt's issues. I really hope he is feeling better soon and you get the answers you need to help him heal.

fourth- LOVE the teaser pics, you guys got some great ones. And your VIEW- WOW!!!! I know you said it was great, but it is simply amazing. How perfect for your couples only trip!

Were the kids excited to see you return home? ;):wizard:

thanks Michelle, it was great meeting you and sitting w/ your for MNSSHP!, surgery this week and then hopefully things will get better :thumbsup2

the view was seriously beyond any expectation...I loved it! may never get it again yes it was PERFECT for this trip!

our return was crazed w/ matt's injury and other busies, i think that were happy we were home, but we have had no "time off" since :guilty: looking forward to a week off soon for T-giving and celebrating the girls b-days w/ family :goodvibes

Love the sneak peek from your trip. Looks like you guys had some great fun and R&R together. :goodvibes Many prayers and pixie dust continue to come your way.pixiedust::hug:

thanks jess :hug:

Awwww....love those happy, smiling faces!!! :goodvibes

we were smiling alot :thumbsup2

What are the three main things one does when they get home? :confused:

For me, it’s unpacking and dealing w/ laundry (especially w/ missing the washer and dryer from our 2BR villa):

100_1938.jpg

(that pix also includes stuff from the previous week)

Setting aside all our loot:

100_1939.jpg

And of course looking through photos and videos…you got a sneak peek already of some of that…but before I officially start the TR for this trip it’s on to:

Souviner FUN!

This trip we didn’t have as big of a souvie budget as we normally go down w/ but that was OK…we were mostly looking for items related to Halloween and the 40th Anniversary of WDW things we wouldn’t see come the next trip…but of course this made for things to be just a bit more pricey…

Here is a group shot of our loot for Matt and I (though it’s probably mostly mine):

100_1949.jpg

100_1950.jpg

The purchase incentive we got at Mouse gear, a Mickey Mouse backpack (16.95). We later saw at the gift shop in CR a duffle bag we liked a bit better, but never ended up trying to exchange, this bag will come in handy when we tour w/out a stroller (be sooner than we think).

100_1951.jpg

From left to right in a circle…

A 40th designed journal ($14.95)
I really like this, the cover is very thick and the pages are great. I plan to jot down memories from our previous trips, like magic moments, and things about the kids and then keep it up w/ future trips!

MK Event Music CD (this was a whopping $25.00)
Matt picked this out and we love it, it has the Hallo-Wishes and Boo to You Music on it and more, it is a fun listen and the kids like it too.

More pens ($11.95 each)
I bought a pack in Jan. and found them and another 40th design set at Mouse gear. I gave away 4 to a friend who covered all my crossing guard and lunch supervisor slots while I was away.

F&W pin($10.95)
This is hard to see, but it’s Mickey holding a F& W menu and behind a spinning circle w/ the flags from several WS countries. I was hoping to get a pin that had MNSSHP on it, but no luck.

Green wallet/coin purse from China($5.00)
Every several years I treat myself to a new wallet from this country. I love the larger square and the tassel on it too. I bought this w/ part of the Disney g/c my sister gave me for my birthday.

100_1952.jpg

Pumpkin MM car topper ($4.95)
This was hard to find, Matt found it in one of the shops flanking the WS entrances. He’s on my car right now

40th design keepsake “suitcase” w/ puzzle inside($19.95)
Matt also picked this out. He enjoys puzzles. It’s a very cool “suitcase”, after the holidays I want to find somewhere fun to display it in the house.

Magnetic old style MK map w/ character magnets($4.95)
Matt also picked this out, and when NR saw it she wanted to know where Daisy was?

100_1953.jpg

A new frame for our collection($14.95)
We both liked the vine look for this. I think I know which PP picture I am going to put in here too. As well I may need to get a bigger table for my Disney frame collection…I was also hoping to find a Halloween frame, didn’t see any. Have to check around next Halloween.

100_1954.jpg

40th MK cup ($17.95)
This was my splurge buy (w/ rest of birthday g/c money). I had originally thought it was 2 for this price…duh. It’s really cool. It will find a display home after the holidays.

100_1955.jpg

40th anni WDW shirt ($29.95) and some Mickey Crispies
The shirt was something I wanted, but not this design, I had saw one back in Jan (should have bought then) w/ just the 40th logo…but I like this one too, probably won’t save just for my 40th b-day trip now though.

The Mickey Crispies, YUM always have to come home w/ some of those!

100_1961.jpg

Souvie pilsner from F&W that Matt got…this costs you $11.95 for 22 oz of beer and the green shot glass inside I just had to keep…this was from France for a $6.95 shot of Grand Mariner

One thing not pictured in the pile is a new fashion scarf ($15.95) for me that I bought in the last day…but here is a pix of me wearing it:

100_1921.jpg

Now onto the gifts we brought home:

100_1942.jpg

The little girls, Rachel got the cute Minnie Halloween shirt ($29.95) and Naomi-Ruth got the coordinating plush. They also each got an orange and black Mickey bracelet ($5.95 each). We also brought home Rachel a trading pin and a pressed penny.

100_1936.jpg

Here’s NR again w/ the Minnie plush ($11.95) and a light up ghost lanyard ($6.57) and in the dark:

100_1937.jpg

Nathan got Muppet items per his request, a Muppet show comic book ($9.95) and Animal plush ($14.95). We also brought him home 2 trading pins. Rebekah asked for something Halloween and she got this cool MM spider shirt ($29.95), plus we bought her a cell phone wristlet ($16.95) for her new phone (not pictured but it’s black on one one and then a pix of Mic/Min kissing in sparkles). This was actually the only call home I made to ask her which design she wanted of the 3 we saw, Matt had actually pre-picked it. And she got a trading pin too.

100_2054.jpg

We also brought home a Christmas present for Bekah:

100_1945.jpg

Imaginering book ($15.95)

For my sister’s upcoming birthday I got her this:

100_1946.jpg

She’s love cookbooks!($14.95)

I also brought some candy ($8.95) home for the school secretaries where I work, they were delighted. (Although I kept the Mickey magnet for myself…)

100_1958.jpg

Lastly we got some pre-packed candy for my BIL (cashew patties $11.95) for driving us to/from the airport, we wanted to get him something fresh but the line was too long at the confectionery. And I brought my Mom/Dad home a 40th pin ($8.95) and two really cool SHAG glasses ($8.00 each) w/ designs from MK, one for Fantasyland and one for Tomorrowland. I also got a cute WDW Minnie bib ($12.95) for my niece Izzy.

So that is our loot…hope you enjoyed!

Where is the drooling smiley?!?!? :eek: LOVE all your souvenirs and thank you for listing the prices, it gives me a better idea of what I'll need to bring on our trip! :thumbsup2

Love all of your Halloween souvenirs.
We got two of those backpacks in August. We're planning on using them as carry-ons on our next trip. We got the duffel at the CR too. Disney always has the best purchase incentive bags.

Where is the drooling smiley?!?!? :eek: LOVE all your souvenirs and thank you for listing the prices, it gives me a better idea of what I'll need to bring on our trip! :thumbsup2

thanks we came home w/ some great buys! and your welcome :thumbsup2

Love all of your Halloween souvenirs.
We got two of those backpacks in August. We're planning on using them as carry-ons on our next trip. We got the duffel at the CR too. Disney always has the best purchase incentive bags.

thanks, I am happy w/ what we found. We'll be needing that backpack soon enough! and i agree I have some fun bags from there that were incentive buys...i usally never need an incentive to buy more though :laughing:

Love all of your fun souvenirs!! The magnetic map looks so cute!

thanks...it is cute

Yay! Souvenirs! I think my favorite is the light-up lanyard....so COOL! :thumbsup2

me too, I may have NR take it w/ in Jan for the dark evenings, won't lose her then ;)

Oh, how I love souvenirs! I really like the cup, the map magnet, and the Minnie witch!

I can't wait to put the cup out on display, the other day Minnie witch proved useful in helping NR go to sleep w/ a candy treat in the pumpkin

So my PP pixs have arrived :cool1: so while I am uploading day 1's pictures into Photobucket let me share w/ you my Pretend Disney getaway w/ fellow Diser irish dancer Anne Marie

ealier last week I had a complete meltdown and texted AM if she could talk me off my ledge :guilty: in that conversation we determined I was in desperate need of a sanity break before Matt's surgery and the upcoming recovery (breif update click here: Jan trip update )

so we went to the one place I knew would cure my stress for at least a few hours:

Our Pretend Disney :thumbsup2

hmmm what is that you wonder :confused: well we are lucky ducks and happen to live 30 minutes from a DVC Doorway to Dreams at one of the local malls.

We arrived at RD of course and had a smackeral of yumminess at Star...ing Rolls cafe ;)

100_2070.jpg

100_2069.jpg

then made our way to the first attraction:

100_2071.jpg

100_2072.jpg

did some pin trading:

100_2074.jpg

(sorry so blury)

100_2090.jpg

(I had realized I forgot the pins at home and saw this one and knew Nathan would love it...the CM gave it to me for him :goodvibes)

We met the most lovliest CM there who also had a son on Spectrum...well of course we had lots to chat about.

Our Preted Disney was all decked out for the Holidays:

100_2078.jpg

100_2073.jpg

and we enjoyed our brief but nice stay at BLT:

100_2075.jpg

100_2076.jpg

we of course watched Wishes from our Balcony:

100_2077.jpg

and came away w/ some Magical (FREE!) souvies:

we couldn't believe when our CM host gave us each a DVC bag:

100_2095.jpg

filled w/ a replica print from the room:

100_2089.jpg

and cell phone holders:

100_2079.jpg

(it says Disney Vacation Club on it)

and lanyards for each of our family members:

100_2096.jpg

(NR is modeling it)

We of course stopped in the Disney Store...how was I the only one who bought something :rotfl: I actually got some C-mas shopping done :thumbsup2

It was a great 1/2 day :goodvibes

love all the souvies!! YOu did well and the kids seemed like they loved their stuff. Will loved that light up ghost necklace too. Well save it for halloweens to come!

I shipped your box this week, so you should be getting some goodies soon. :)

off to the real TR! oh and I love the PRETEND Disney, so cool. I wish I had something so close like that and total score on the DVC goodies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter