Harry Potter Crowd Report Thread...

Anyone know where to find this info for 2012? We are looking at late April/early May for our first taste of Harry. Will leave the parks to the grads on the party nites!

Thanks!

Can't remember where the info is, but Universal closes the parks to the public before they let the grads in. The parks may close a little earlier than normal, but I can't imagine it would effect the regular park guests all that much :thumbsup2

Not sure if people are still interested in a crowd report but I was there this past Sunday, 1/22/12. Got there at 8:30, park opened at 9. Only about 5 people in front of me at the gate. Walked over to HP from The lost continent. There were some people milling around but not bad at all. I was able to capture some street photos with no people in them :) . FJ wait time was posted at 10 minutes but I walked right on. We rode twice with no wait. Rode Dragon Challenge twice also, with no wait. Posted wait time for that was 10 minutes also. Olivanders, I was told was about a 20-25 minute wait so we skipped that.

I was very surprised that we were able to complete IOA tour in 3 hours and 30 minutes (although Jurassic park was closed). Skipped the kiddie stuff though. So we upgraded and went over to the Studios. Finished everything by 6 pm. Longest wait was 40 minutes for HRRR. Everything else (including spiderman, The hulk, Mummy, etc. . .) was 10 minutes or less.

All I can say is wow! HP was so amazing and FJ was indescribable! I don't know if we just picked a lucky day or what but it made for an incredible day of touring.

Thanks for the update. I'll be there in about a week, and I understand that AP holders will be allowed early entry just as if they were staying on-site. That should help for Ollivander's, at least. Have any other AP holders here done the early entry? Was it worthwhile?

Thanks for the update. I'll be there in about a week, and I understand that AP holders will be allowed early entry just as if they were staying on-site. That should help for Ollivander's, at least. Have any other AP holders here done the early entry? Was it worthwhile?

This is news to me about AP holders getting early entry. Has something changed?

This is news to me about AP holders getting early entry. Has something changed?

in my AP last newsletter, they had something about AP holders could enter one hour early on certain dates.
maybe it was for the month of january.

this is no ongoing perk for AP holders but a perk for a certain time period

i cleaned the computer desk on the weekend, through out that newsletter or i would quote from it.

ap holders get some special perks on some months.
last May it was an appreciation month for ap holders.

i think this EE is similar to that.

i'd have to go the the ap online site to tell you more about it.

Sorry, I should have specified that the early entry is one of the perks of "Passholder Appreciation Month," which is January 5 - February 5, 2012. The other offering is breakfast at the Three Broomsticks. Unfortunately, the only seating time available is 8:30 a.m., which I believe is right in the middle of the early-entry hour, so that held little appeal for me.

Also, all of the above is limited to Premier and Preferred APs only.

Going to Disney 6/19 - 7/3. Was thinking of taking a couple of days and going over to Universal. My 6 year old has never been and my 10 year old was there about 8 years ago. My DH and I went to a special event last March held in the evening at WWOHP.

My kids are not big into the rides but do like HP and Nick.

Do you have any advice on what days, where/what to see? Should we maybe stay a night or two at a Universal hotel to get the line access?

It has been so long, just wondering if those who have been recently can give us some advice.

Thx!

Any guesses on crowds during the last week of September (midweek, not weekend)? We are considering adding a day at IOA to our planned WDW trip, but hate fighting crowds/queuing. WWOHP and the Seuss section are the only IOA lands of real interest to our group.

Any guesses on crowds during the last week of September (midweek, not weekend)? We are considering adding a day at IOA to our planned WDW trip, but hate fighting crowds/queuing. WWOHP and the Seuss section are the only IOA lands of real interest to our group.

it's a decent time to go.
go in mid week for lesser crowds.

Im going to Orlando for the first time in November during Thanksgiving week. I will be staying at Disney for the majority of the trip but i want to take two days out to go to Universal and IOA to go WWOHP. I know its going to be busy which ever day i go but when do you think would be slightly more manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter