• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Has anyone ever done 3 resorts in one trip?

cheryterese

DIS Veteran
Are we crazy to be thinking of doing 3 resorts in one trip? We originally had Contemporary booked for our entire trip, but had to change our dates a bit and now it's only available the second half of our 12 day stay. We were then looking at Yacht Club for the first half, which is available, but now hubby wants to start at Yacht Club for 4 nights, move to Animal Kingdom for 2 nights, and finish at Contemporary for 5. Thoughts?

Why not? We've done it before on longer trips. While at YC, we concentrated on DHS and Epcot and while at AK, we visited AK. While at Poly, we've visited MK and Epcot. I just packed a couple of different luggages so we don't have to pack and unpack every single time we move. I had all our essentials in one bag. Have fun!

Why not? We've done it before on longer trips. While at YC, we concentrated on DHS and Epcot and while at AK, we visited AK. While at Poly, we've visited MK and Epcot. I just packed a couple of different luggages so we don't have to pack and unpack every single time we move. I had all our essentials in one bag. Have fun!

Awesome! Can I still book our fastpasses for all 10 days at the 60 day mark?

My normal stay someplace is 4 nights.

I did a 1 night stay at Universal, than 2 nights at the Contemporary and then 2 nights at AKL. That turned out to be too much moving around for me.

But since you will be doing a longer stay, I'd go for it.

We've done it a few times. We love different hotel rooms! For me, it also helps to think if the room/view is lousy, there's always another resort to head to.
In 2014 we did 2 nights at BC, then 6 at YC, then 2 at GF.
In 2012, we spent a night at our local airport hotel for a really early flight, then 1 night at the Hyatt at MCO (for no particular reason), followed by 2 nights at BC, then 6 nights at BWI! I thought it was a pretty cool adventure!

DF is less of a fan of this, and for our upcoming annual August trip, at his request, we're spending all 10 nights at BC. For me, the only real downside to this plan (as it will be nice to not have to keep unpacking and repacking.....is if the view is really yucky, you're stuck in that room for 10 whole nights with the curtains shut!

Yes, but it was just my DH and I. We did as Mousegear had said, depending on the resort, the parks that are close by, were the one we visited.

But I don't think I would move more than once with kids.

Yes, we've done it several times. 6 of us, and we always begin and end with CL. Some of the best trips we've ever had!

We have never done it as WDW but have done vacations where over 8 nights we have stayed at 3 hotels. And they weren't as close as WDW resorts. I say go for it if it doesn't affect your park plans too much.

We always split our stay, usually we keep it at 2 hotels, but a 3rd wouldn't be too much more hassle. We like to stay at hotels that are close to the area we are focusing on for that part of the trip.. i.e a hotel in the south area closer to Epcot and AK for when we are planning on visiting there, then move to a Deluxe in the monorail for the remainder when we are going to focus on MK. It's also a good way of trying things out for future trips while also can be used to balance budgets, e.g. stay at a value for a few days then a deluxe etc..

The only hassle would be timing the crossovers so you had your bags there and your room was ready when you check out of one and into the other!

With just my dh and myself,yes. Usually 1 night at a value (Pop), 4 nights
moderate then 2 or 3 nights at a deluxe. Having to pack up with kids would be
the deal breaker for me!

We did 3 resorts for a 14 day trip. Having a car was very helpful because we were able to take our bags with us to the next resort. Check in/ check out day was our down day but I would do it again.

We are doing all 3 monorail resorts next month. It is our first split stay at Disney. Doing first night at GF, 6 nights at Poly, and 2 nights at CR. We have done multiple hotels before (15 nights in Cali with 9 different hotels) so I don't think it will be stressful.

My thoughts are that sounds familiar and fun, yes do it!! I've done several 2 resort split stays, but I am trying my first 3 resort split stay in 3 months...2nights Pop/4nights Kidani/6nights VWL...Here's hoping it's awesome:donald:

We are doing 3 nights at Poly, 3 nights at YC, and 2 nights at AK. I might not do it if I had little kids. My kids are 14 and can help with taking bags down to Bell Services and helping me keep track of our stuff.

Yes, a couple of times.
Our was slightly different in that 1 of the 3 resorts were a single night in a value resort following a late night flight
Disney makes it so easy we do split stays often.
I never unpack, no matter how long we stay in a resort so nothing changes for us. Super easy to toss toiletries back in our bag and drop them with bell services on the way to the park that morning. Leave the park to the new resort and our bags are there. Works great.

ETA - I should indicate we do room only, no packages. I do think it's a bit more complicated for most packages. I don't want the added headache of activating tickets early, if you arrive before your package stay. I guess if you stay over your package stay it is not quite as complicated, just that I guess you'd have a longer # of days on the ticket than nights in the first resort?

Last edited:
We're doing it this summer. Originally we were doing a split stay Poly/BC. Then we decided to fly in the night before and needed a hotel. I tried to get another night at the Poly through a travel agency. However there weren't any Polynesian rooms available, so we're now spending one night at the GF.

Are we crazy to be thinking of doing 3 resorts in one trip? We originally had Contemporary booked for our entire trip, but had to change our dates a bit and now it's only available the second half of our 12 day stay. We were then looking at Yacht Club for the first half, which is available, but now hubby wants to start at Yacht Club for 4 nights, move to Animal Kingdom for 2 nights, and finish at Contemporary for 5. Thoughts?

I'm doing much the same! 4 nights at Contemporary, 6 at Beach Club and 4 at Polynesian.

Last year I split my stay between 2 nights at Contemporary, 8 at Grand Floridian and 1 at Yacht Club. It was really ALL okay. The luggage move between Contemp. and GF arrived around 1ish in the afternoon. The move between GF and YC, we took an Uber and moved our own luggage (SO MUCH EASIER and cheap!!).

I really liked the moving and having a few trips in one. Plus, I was able to try out the Epcot resorts and really enjoyed the vibe. Plus, I have gotten some great deals by moving from one hotel to another, and I am able to plan dining and activities to reduce travel time. You'll have a great time! Good luck!!

We are doing all 3 monorail resorts next month. It is our first split stay at Disney. Doing first night at GF, 6 nights at Poly, and 2 nights at CR. We have done multiple hotels before (15 nights in Cali with 9 different hotels) so I don't think it will be stressful.

I was thinking of doing the same, but threw in the BC instead (to get a little different feel for my trip). Have a great time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter